Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 16:22   #16
BHPian

Currently how much are the pump owners making for every litre of petrol & diesel sold ?
Old 15th September 2010, 16:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Currently how much are the pump owners making for every litre of petrol & diesel sold ?
I think its Rs.1218 per kilo litre of petrol and around Rs.720(not sure) per kilo liter of diesel.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:48   #18
BHPian

Here comes another prise rise!!! At the end of the day its the customer who is going to face the music.

As rightly said, if they increase the price and give a better quality of fuel I dont mind the price rise.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
I think its Rs.1218 per kilo litre of petrol and around Rs.720(not sure) per kilo liter of diesel.
It is 757 rs.per kilo litre for Diesel and 1218 for petrol as mentioned above.

Already there has been a 10 paise hike in petrol prices which now stands at 57.61 rs. per litre.
Don't how how much it will be raised due to the agitation. People like us are being squeezed for every penny
When will the government lower the taxes
Old 15th September 2010, 17:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
(my apporach is unbiased)!!!
Sure does't sound like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
if they increase the price and give a better quality of fuel I dont mind the price rise.
Got too much money Hari ?
Old 15th September 2010, 17:19   #21
NFS
BHPian

The ask is 5% commission per litre, as per Hindu Daily. In that case, if they get 1200/1000litre now, the new rate would be 55,000 * 5% = 2750/1000litre. Also, when the price increases they too get an advantage.

So 1200 to become 2750 which is double the current rate. MPs asking for 3times hike, and petrol bunk owners asking for 2 times hike. I think this is better.

NFS
Old 15th September 2010, 17:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post

Ha ha ha. Its better than paying to Hyundai A.S.S for fixing a troubled engine my friend.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok, people are going to fill up more in the coming days and the oil tankers will have their orders cancelled. I won't be surprised if the not so well managed pumps run out of fuel well before the 20th. So people, tank up before the queue get unmanagable.

Funny, a few years back there was a same thing in Pune, and I was travelling back from work. I noticed huge queues spilling on to the roads. I instantly knew there was going to be a dearth of fuel the next day. I got out of the city (wagholi) and there was not a soul in sight at the petrol bunks there. And it was just 4-5 kms from where I live. I tanked up and came back peacefully. Next day there was nothing in the news. All the pumps we operating normally.
Old 15th September 2010, 19:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As rightly said, if they increase the price and give a better quality of fuel I dont mind the price rise.
But you know what? I would be happy to see if the PSU oil companies are at par with Shell; that is when the real competition starts & one can start seeing long lined queues at Shell. Would love to see such a scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Sure does't sound like it.
Doesn't sound like what? There's no one to raise voice for petrol price hike & I'm so dependant that I cannot live without it nor afford to raise my voice against this. I'm least bothered.

Quote:
Quote:
Ha ha ha. Its better than paying to Hyundai A.S.S for fixing a troubled engine my friend.
+100000...; very true too.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:31   #25
BHPian

Well the entire fuel pricing is getting more dicey as each day passes. There is excess (read excise) duty, un-controlled pricing (for petrol only) & now finally now pumps. Wonder how much the actual fuel costs without all these! (Must just like the colas we drink - few paise to make & rest for duties & marketing).

We should stage a strike like people in europe / US do to teach these fuel czars a lesson. Without sales how will they make margins?

Off-Topic: Filled my tank full, as soon as the news appeared in the thread!
Old 16th September 2010, 10:58   #26

Heard that the strike has been called off

Just spoke to an attendant at the Teen Haath Naaka bunk in Thane. According to him, the commission issue has been resolved and the strike is not on anymore. This was at about 8 pm last night.

Any confirmation of this?
Old 16th September 2010, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1976 View Post
Just spoke to an attendant at the Teen Haath Naaka bunk in Thane. According to him, the commission issue has been resolved and the strike is not on anymore. This was at about 8 pm last night.

Any confirmation of this?
Seems only few states associations have dropped out of the strike according some managing committee memer as quoted in this BS article-

Auto fuel dealers divided on Sept 20 strike

Quote:
...14 states including Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and the north eastern states, at their meeting held on September 8, have decided not to join the strike.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 16th September 2010 at 14:20.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:48   #28
BANNED

I read somewhere that at present the commission is 1.98% or something like that. They want 5%. In my view the 11p/litre announced by the govt was in very poor taste.

One point though Why do the dealers not surrender their pumps? Obviously there is more than what meets the eye.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:58   #29
BHPian

>>>

I had read (can't confirm) that Aramco spends $2 per barrel to extract Saudi light crude, especially from its supergiant Dhahran oil field.
What is the price of a barrel of oil nowadays- $ 75? $ 78?

Subtract costs for transporting crude to the refineries, refining, marketing, transportation and retail supply costs.

Profits? You do the math - as Clooney said in Ocean's Eleven.

By the way, is the strike on, or is it off?

Team bhp has a Kaas drive planned for the 25th.

Regards
Old 16th September 2010, 14:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I read somewhere that at present the commission is 1.98% or something like that. They want 5%. In my view the 11p/litre announced by the govt was in very poor taste.

One point though Why do the dealers not surrender their pumps? Obviously there is more than what meets the eye.
Absolutely does, Most have been bought at hefty amounts with huge investments during the days of nefarious activities, now all those acyivities have been clamped down and everyone is squeezed dry hence the agitation, FYI a couple of dealers here did resign from the dealership but The Oil Co. didnt accept reason is their COCO's Are already running in losses , There Isnt a single COCO in the country that is showing a profit on their Balnce sheets!! Due to the Increased costs of operation, Thats one of the Points which is being relied upon to get the margin increased.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks