Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 11:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Alok,

Thank you man, you are a life saver. Will call you in a short while.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

The funny thing is that even if you give in to these pump owner's demand about profits an margins, they will never ensure the stopping of adulteration malpractices, and swindling about fuel qty.

This is India. Common man has to pay for everything, and not expect anything in return.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:42   #48
BHPian

I will be driving back from Bangalore to Chennai on Sep 20th. I need to have my SWIFT's tank filled on Sep 19th itself!
Old 17th September 2010, 17:01   #49
BHPian

Price Increased?

Not sure whether folks have noticed this anywhere else.
Yesterday I filled my activa at petrol pump on karve road in Pune. Last time, the price of petrol was 55.82/-
Yesterday, it was 55.91/-. So I am guessing that the strike will probably not happen or they will announce that they have convinced the petrol pump owners that they will look into their demands in near short term

Avenger!!
Old 17th September 2010, 17:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Yesterday I filled my activa at petrol pump on karve road in Pune. Last time, the price of petrol was 55.82/-
Yesterday, it was 55.91/-. So I am guessing that the strike will probably not happen or they will announce that they have convinced the petrol pump owners that they will look into their demands in near short term

Avenger!!

Petrol prices were increased by 10p around last week itself, but the problem was that the owners say it isn't enough!

So status quo!
Old 17th September 2010, 17:11   #51
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Looks Lovely on paper , If only wishes were horses and horses could fly
On a serious Note The Oil co. with there MBA's arent able to extract Profits out of Their Own COCO Pumps, hence to make a statement without knowing the ins and out of the business is Pretty Easy!!

Ps: No OFFENCE meant to MBA grads just my observation and view.
A lot of enterprises in various industries don't make profit whereas others in the same industry make profits. The reason is inability to manage rather than just that the business in itself in fundamentally unprofitable.
Old 17th September 2010, 17:11   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

considering the amount of loading on petrol and diesel by way of taxes surcharges and excise and blah blah, why not give the retailer a little more margin as well? I am all for paying the retailer rather than our un-deserving blighted government!
Old 17th September 2010, 20:04   #53
tud
BHPian

Just as I started convincing myself to go for a VXi, this news comes in. Boy, do I have to go back to VDi.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:11   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shankar, then let it come from the govt's share .. What say ?
Old 17th September 2010, 20:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
A lot of enterprises in various industries don't make profit whereas others in the same industry make profits. The reason is inability to manage rather than just that the business in itself in fundamentally unprofitable.

The Reason behind The losses at COCO Pumps is not to do with Mismanagement, If the business is run By following all Procedures and company norms its A Definate loss, One small eg is that the minimum wages is 5300 rs and on an average a pump selling 300 Kilo Litres a mnth must have 15 sales staff excluding the cashiers manager and accountant running a 8hr shift, with 2 Eight Hour Shifts that 30 men running up a tab of 159000 just for the sales men figure into that the manager the accountant and the cashiers its about 2 lakh rs if the Norms are followed add to that their Electricity bills and other expenses there is Zilch left for the COCO's

What the Dealers do is cut costs pay lesser salaries, employ lesser people and hence the staff end up cheating customers so its a vicious cycle where at the End of the Day sadly the people who suffer are the Customers.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:33   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Born 2 Be Wild : What the Dealers do is cut costs pay lesser salaries, employ lesser people and hence the staff end up cheating customers so its a vicious cycle ...
@B2BW, your post above would be applicable more to non-COCO bunks ? I have not experienced cheating at COCO bunks by attendents. And quality of fuel has been dependable.
Quote:
tud : Just as I started convincing myself to go for a VXi, this news comes in. Boy, do I have to go back to VDi.
@Tud, price of diesel will also go up.

Last edited by condor : 17th September 2010 at 20:35.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@B2BW, your post above would be applicable more to non-COCO bunks ? I have not experienced cheating at COCO bunks by attendents. And quality of fuel has been dependable.

Sir If You Read my post carefully i have said what "Dealers do" And that would definately be Non COCO Pumps. Its Very good that you have not come across cheating by the staff at COCO pumps, And its pointless for me to write what i know about their Ways and Modus operandi as i would be branded as a Competiton Basher . Igronace is Bliss sometimes.

PS - I am A great Fan of Your DIY projects and love the Attention to detail approach of yours , Just hope to try some of my own diy projects sometime hopefully.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 17th September 2010 at 20:51.
Old 17th September 2010, 20:42   #58
tud
BHPian

Quote:
@ condor
But apart from my EMIs for the car my petrol expenses are also going to go up. All these years diesel hikes have been marginal considering the buses and truck usages. So I'm assuming my diesel expenses wouldn't be that taxing.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the pump owners want an increase in % of total cost, as their commission. I dont think increase in fuel price is the solution, coz even though the amount they earn would marginally increase, they would still be earning the same %, as before.

Shan2nu
Old 17th September 2010, 21:09   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Sir If You Read my post carefully i have said what "Dealers do" And that would definately be Non COCO Pumps.
Just wanted to clarify that part. I have actually stopped going to non-COCO bunks, unless I am outside the city.

Quote:
Just hope to try some of my own diy projects sometime hopefully.
Thank you ! Do let me know when you try something - will try & help out with any ideas I can think of.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks