Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 20:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
You are talking about Indian version of SX4, right? (This thread is about indian versions of these cars)

SX4 is petrol-only version now and has 1.6L engine. Where does discussion of Fiat diesel engine to SX4 fit?

BTW, Check this out So How Many Platforms Does Maruti Have?

Which means, SX4 is altogether new platform.

Yet another link which says SX4 is based on Swift platform.

First Look: Maruti SX4 is Cool Machine- Pics - SantaBanta Forums

Another link which says SX4 is brand new platform Moneycontrol India :: News :: Maruti launches SX4 sedan :: Maruti Udyog :: Press- Market :: Maruti Udyog , SX4 sedan,Swift,,Suzuki Motor Corporation,,Jagdish Khattar
You must be kidding to think its not a Swift based platform.... Check some intl links with some credibility rather than these santa banta links where the reporters dont even know what the hell they are talking about half the times
SX4 crossover inspired sedan is indeed based on Swift platform has been developed with corperation from Fiat. In India MUL has gone a level further, I think half of the interiors of SX4 have been borrowed by Swift. A Diesel mill (fiat) in future is a strong possibility.
Old 31st August 2007, 01:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

Yes the SX4 is based on the Swift platform.
Old 31st August 2007, 08:31   #138
Senior - BHPian

It was to clear the fiat suzuki connection

Quote:
You are talking about Indian version of SX4, right? (This thread is about indian versions of these cars)

SX4 is petrol-only version now and has 1.6L engine. Where does discussion of Fiat diesel engine to SX4 fit?

BTW, Check this out So How Many Platforms Does Maruti Have?
Now if I remmember, someone thought that the SX4 was the joint development of Suzuki and Fiat. But that is not the case. I just wanted to show in a reasonably shrort reply that why fiat and suzuki are connected, and the SX4 is a suzuki Swift extended and modified platform.

This is what lead me to bring the Fiat into the conversation.
And yes , I am talking abou the indian cars, but the indian SX4 and the SX4 sold in other parts of the world have basically the same platform.

So in short, the suzuki and fiat joint development lead to my somewhat elaborate reply.

Sorry if that diverts the topic
Old 31st August 2007, 10:20   #139
Team-BHP Support

I also remember reading that the SX4 was based on the extended Swift platform.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:51   #140
BHPian

Alright, Lets get back to topic.

Any more news on Swift Sedan? BTW if its interiors are derived from Swift again, wondering what differences does it have from SX4?
Old 31st August 2007, 13:11   #141
BHPian

SX4 <-- Fiat Sedici

Look here for more http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-...es.aspx?RT=752
Old 31st August 2007, 15:59   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Even when a fellow team-bhpian has actually seen the car? Please read previous posts on this thread carefully.
I did. Who has claimed to be seen it did neither confirm nor deny if it looks like the photoshopped image that is posted earlier. So, the photoshop is still speculation, till we see actual pictures, or someone who has seen it confirms.

Its been so many days after smartmundu broke the news. Why no pix yet?
Old 31st August 2007, 16:36   #143
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
SX4 <-- Fiat Sedici

Look here for more http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-...es.aspx?RT=752
Haven't we always (at least since 21st June 2007, 05:55)
called the darn ugly thing a SUV Xover 4 (SX4) with its huge wheels and high ground clearance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
As we develop and progress, it's high time, the common taxicabs start using larger cars with trunks.

And, at that, a high headroom, high ground clearance, 2-wheel-drive, crossover SUV with a trunk. SUV-Crossover-4 that's SX4. What could be a better cab?

Old 31st August 2007, 17:24   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't we always (at least since 21st June 2007, 05:55)
called the darn ugly thing a SUV Xover 4 (SX4) with its huge wheels and high ground clearance?
Ram, Looks like you are not able to control your feelings on Swift/SX4. What is it this time? Hippo or Rhino?
Old 31st August 2007, 17:58   #145
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Ram, Looks like you are not able to control your feelings on Swift/SX4. What is it this time? Hippo or Rhino?
Can't think of an animal. It's just plain ugly.

Have been sketching and building models of cars since childhood. And I guess symmetry, proportion, sleekness, balance and poise are something that strikes a designer when he sees a beautiful car.

One can go mathematical and talk of the golden ratio...

but aesthetics and art are not the easiest things to describe.

Some food for thought...
If you saw a woman, when would you describe her as a devi and when as a rakshasi? You don't have to forward an answer, but ponder over it and you'll probably understand my judgement.

Old 31st August 2007, 19:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Too much of speculation on the design and how ugly the sedan is going to look....... Can someone head to the plant and get a spy pic? Our official spy photographer is in Pune.
Old 31st August 2007, 20:09   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can't think of an animal. It's just plain ugly.

While I respect your opinion, I'd like to point out that there are many people of the forum who love the looks of the Swift. In fact, most of the magazines gave very high ratings and went gaga over the looks of the Swift.

Same applies for the SX4 too. Some love it, some hate it.

Since looks are subjective, it cant be generalised. We all got your point that you hate Swift/SX4 looks. You dont have to repeat that in every post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Our official spy photographer is in Pune.
He bought a new cam, but mentioned that he is busy with something. (admissions or something, dont remember exactly... Is in the camera thread, if i remember correctly)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st August 2007 at 20:14.
Old 31st August 2007, 20:31   #148
BANNED

Hey,
Swift looks downright ugly man - those bulging wheel archs, extended head lights, bad and the worst part is the rear, looks likes fat bulging out. Only saving grace are the A & B pillars, which are straight lift from Mini-Cooper. This is only the exterior. Rear seat is pathetic - our Govt buses have better bench seats . I was at the Swift launch at the showroom & one look at the car, I am like, "Geez, I will never sit in that car". Thats history. Anyway Swift has sold beyond anybody's expectations, because the price appeals to 25 something neo rich crowd.

Now comes SX4. First I spotted SX4 from rear. I said, decent car, untill I spotted the front: I am like, "Hey theres a croc on the road , better getaway !". Later I dared to peeped into the interiors. Looked good. Quite good car, only if Suzuki had designed the front better.
Old 31st August 2007, 20:47   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey,
Swift looks downright ugly man - those bulging wheel archs, extended head lights, bad and the worst part is the rear, looks likes fat bulging out. Only saving grace are the A & B pillars, which are straight lift from Mini-Cooper. This is only the exterior. Rear seat is pathetic - our Govt buses have better bench seats . I was at the Swift launch at the showroom & one look at the car, I am like, "Geez, I will never sit in that car". Thats history. Anyway Swift has sold beyond anybody's expectations, because the price appeals to 25 something neo rich crowd.

Now comes SX4. First I spotted SX4 from rear. I said, decent car, untill I spotted the front: I am like, "Hey theres a croc on the road , better getaway !". Later I dared to peeped into the interiors. Looked good. Quite good car, only if Suzuki had designed the front better.
Which car exactly looks good or perfect to you? Most people love the way the Swift looks, so i am wondering what exactly is your taste!
Old 31st August 2007, 20:52   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Swift is ugly. I always thought so, even though I bought one.

But not nearly as ugly as the backside of a Logan!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks