Team-BHP - Misleading Tata website!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Misleading Tata website!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/89124-misleading-tata-website.html)

Hi Friends,

I noticed this in the Vista website.

Is it deliberately done to fool the prospective customers?

Even kids (TBHP) know Ritz never came with 68 bhp engine.

It's hard to believe nobody at Tata noticed this!!!

:Shockked: I could'nt believe that just for the sake of their product, a company could do this. It should be acted upon as a crime. Maruti India should file case against them for distructing image of their brand.:(

Must have been a typing mistake or maybe the no-petrolhead website designer thought that the Ritz was a just better looking WagonR. But still such mistakes should have been rectified before launching the website.

If you analyze the data provided it is beyond doubt that the Vista is least powerful vehicle in the category, even the 1.0L Suzuki engine gives more power. So, I couldn't help but wonder, what exactly is TATA trying to accomplish with an engine comparison chart.

Good spotting. I don't think it was deliberate, especially since the conclusion doesn't boast about class leading power or torque. It says that the Vista has 'adequate power for city and highway use', which is sort of true, and that it has 'adequate torque at low rpm', which it does. It seems like a mistake, nothing more. I hope you did contact tata and inform them of this, Skyline GT-R

Even I dont think it was deliberate. All these could lead to legal issues and no company would want to spend time sorting out the issues + all that negative marketing!

Now one reason it could have happened is by typo [interchanging the numbers] ?? 86 could have become 68 ? I read in Ritz website that K10 engine is 85 ps ! so this could have been a mistake happened like this. Anyway good finding GTR !

I hope this is not deliberate. In my experience building/browsing auto websites, vehicle comparison data is normally provided by 3rd party vendors. But this particular page (Surprise Yourself.........Features) is a static html and it is possible someone typed/copy pasted the information.

But then these kind of mistakes would be covered under the terms and conditions. Nevertheless it makes sense for TML to rectify this mistake. I have notified them about this page. Hope they would listen ;)

Here is the contact us page link - Tata Cars | Contact us

I mailed Tata Motors, it bounced. I mailed Maruti got an automated response.

They had this printed on brochures too. I had brought it to the notice of the sales guy but as expected : he did not have a clue what I was talking about. He hadn't seen a Ritz in his life : forget knowing it's engine specs !!

The chances are more likely that 86 became 68. C'mon everybody makes mistakes!

It is corrected now. Estillo's figure could have overlapped there.

Surprise Yourself.........Features

Thread can be closed.

@ Harish: I completely agree. I guess the tag line Surprise Yourself has a hidden meaning in this comparison chart! They should have compared interior specs instead.