Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2011, 01:48   #226
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launch on Feb 2nd 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcool View Post
the actual website for this - Maruti Suzuki Kizashi
Ooh yeah - this sure is the real thing. Its' got a MS copyright and is clearly a much more professional version. Thanks for the link ibcool.
Old 29th January 2011, 01:49   #227
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the web site. I must say that the car looks good and aggressive. Atleast the front view (which freezes when you press "Launch the Kizashi") looks like it has links to the Chevy Camaro, but the front seems to be too low slung.

IMO, the Headlights seem to be a little overdone. They could have gone the Beamer way. No indicators on the side of the front bumpers.
Old 29th January 2011, 14:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcool View Post
the actual website for this - Maruti Suzuki Kizashi
Thanks for the link ibcool.

The website looks good and MSIL is going to be marketing the Kizashi as a "Luxury Sports Sedan". Wonder how many will be interested in buying such a vehicle in a segment which gives priority to back-seat comfort.

BTW the signal indicators in the front bumper seems to be missing in the Indian version and that is a good move by Suzuki.

Last edited by harishnair : 29th January 2011 at 14:32.
Old 29th January 2011, 16:39   #229
BHPian

Spotted on ORR near KR puram, I think Bimal has gots its TD vehicle. In black it looked awesome, just awesome.
Old 29th January 2011, 20:04   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Spotted on ORR near KR puram, I think Bimal has gots its TD vehicle. In black it looked awesome, just awesome.

Just spoke to Bimal CEO. That car is the launch vehicle so they aren't allowing test drives to anyone. Test drive cars, both auto and manual will be available around 3rd Feb.

Skj
Old 29th January 2011, 23:10   #231
BHPian

Looks like they have an official facebook fan page too! Is says the official launch is on Feb 2nd at 9 am.
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Cars | Facebook
Old 30th January 2011, 09:48   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFrancis View Post
Looks like they have an official facebook fan page too! Is says the official launch is on Feb 2nd at 9 am.
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Cars | Facebook
The car looks breathtaking in black (pics on fb)! MSIL is importing only three colors to India - white/silver/black. I was almost set on the silver (safe choice, low maintenance, doesn't age fast) till I saw the pics of the car in black.

Any other black car owners, please provide some reassurance that black is possible to maintain well and that it won't look 3 years old when it is only 1 years old actually. I have own two dark blue cars currently and it hasn't been that bad.

~Skj
Old 30th January 2011, 12:46   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
The car looks breathtaking in black (pics on fb)! MSIL is importing only three colors to India - white/silver/black. I was almost set on the silver (safe choice, low maintenance, doesn't age fast) till I saw the pics of the car in black.

Any other black car owners, please provide some reassurance that black is possible to maintain well and that it won't look 3 years old when it is only 1 years old actually. I have own two dark blue cars currently and it hasn't been that bad.

~Skj
Black can be maintained if you have a closed parking, and you wash it very carefully everyday + take it for polishing every 3 months or so. Usually blacks look dull once they get a lot of swirl marks. For a reference you can see GTO's garage for the Black Mercedes.
Old 30th January 2011, 13:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

World over people are singing praises for Kizashi's ride and handling. Was disappointed to read that they have increased the ride height and also softened the suspension for India.
Old 30th January 2011, 13:42   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Any other black car owners, please provide some reassurance that black is possible to maintain well and that it won't look 3 years old when it is only 1 years old actually.
~Skj
I have a three year old black Sx4, and it still looks shiny!
Been getting it washed everyday, and I give it for polishing every four months or so. Also, I make sure that my car is cleaned with a good soft cloth and that the cloth is not used for cleaning other cars!
Old 30th January 2011, 14:11   #236
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Black can be maintained if you have a closed parking, and you wash it very carefully everyday + take it for polishing every 3 months or so. Usually blacks look dull once they get a lot of swirl marks. For a reference you can see GTO's garage for the Black Mercedes.
I don't know why people say Black is hard to maintain. My car is parked outdoors all of the time (enclosed parking for Jeep only ), my cars are NOT washed in any special way (usual washing guy who all my neighbours use) and I get them detailed once in 6 months (not 3). The 220 is 5.5 years old now and looks just as in this report.

If anything, I'll say white is more difficult to maintain. Bought a white car (Civic) after a long time and man, even the smallest of scratches stand out like a sore thumb. Colour matching (after dent repair) is difficult too. But white greatly helps in keeping the car cool under the sun. I mean, the difference is H-U-G-E.
Old 30th January 2011, 15:29   #237
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Kizashi parked close to my house in Jaipur. The driver was there and as per him it belongs to a top official in MUL. He was kind enough to let me sit inside the car and take photos too. It was an automatic. The photos are from mobile and I will post them by the evening. But here is what i feel

1. The black and beige dash is a nice change for a car coming from MUL
2. The plastic quality is definitely superior than other Maruti cars.
3. The dash looked plain, didnt feel as if i was sitting in a luxury sedan. Also no sunroof. Dont know the practicality of sunrrofs, but I love them
4. The driver seat were comfortable to sit in and driving postion was great. The driver seat has 3 memory adjustments..
5. Key less entry??? with start stop button, just like the Cruz.
6. The back seat leg room I think was stricty ok. Didnt sit behind but thats what i saw.
7. the Yokohama tyres were huge.
8. What else?? Well will load the pics I have by the evening!!

Regards
Old 30th January 2011, 19:19   #238
Senior - BHPian

As promised, some pics of the interiors
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011177a.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011178a.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011180a.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011168.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011169.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011170.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011171.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011172.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011173.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011174.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011175.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011176.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-30012011179.jpg  

Old 30th January 2011, 19:36   #239
Senior - BHPian

The interiors look a bit bland i must say,doest have that flair like that of the Cruze.

Plastic quality looks top notch,and is that paddle shifts i see?

Oh and thanks a lot deky for the pics!Looks like you beat Mr Scoopster!
Old 30th January 2011, 19:56   #240
Senior - BHPian

The grille reminds me more of the GV than the SX4. Don't get why people keep cribbing about it.

MSIL's pricing for the Kizashi is the deciding factor, by far.

And those headlamp levelling, fog lamp, TC switches look el cheapo! They don't feel right in a D segment car, in fact Maruti uses the same switches in their 3 lac rupee line-up.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 30th January 2011 at 19:59.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks