Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 21:14   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Coming this Jan priced at approx 13-15 lakhs, CBU from Japan. 2.4 VVT with 176 PS and 6 speed AT.
At the price range of 10 - 12 lakhs, it will be a hit in India, IMO. Anything above that will be risky for Maruti.
Old 4th December 2010, 21:29   #92
BHPian

A Honda City AT is priced at 9.79L, the AT Civic is 14L, VW Vento AT goes for 9.21L, even the SX4 AT is priced 8.33L ex- showroom Delhi. So the expected 13- 15L pricing IMHO is pretty decent, even attractive for a new generation model.

And withe the present market scenario as it is, buyers seems to snap up everything launched newly. See the 60+ bookings for the Volvo XC60, the Santa Fe sellout and the que for the Yeti. Or the demand for the petrol Polo, Vento and of all, the Micra!
Old 4th December 2010, 21:54   #93
BHPian

Is it a drivers car to beat the Civic ? ...The power is there but driving dynamics is to be tested. Anyhow, how to justify volumes if this is the case?

Is it a reliable car to beat the Altis ?... Maruti may have the know-how but not to the scale of Toyota and certainly not to people's perception when comparing the two.

Is it a luxury brand to take on VW Group per say ? .... New pastures for Maruti this.

Is it a comfortable chauffeur driven option? ... Its already known that the rear bench space is not as per the standards set by the competition.

Ah finally, Is there a diesel option to take on the Laura, Cruze and others ? .... Maruti has to wait for Fiat to do something bout this,lol.

All in all, I dont see where this vehicle would fit in.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:29   #94
BHPian

@sidindica: If you have access to this car in its' flesh, can you please post some early thoughts on it?

@absynthguzzler: Tad premature to be making these statements. MS is an all-together different entity when it comes to India, so wait-and-watch, surprises could be in store.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:49   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post

1: The power is there but driving dynamics is to be tested.

2: Maruti may have the know-how but not to the scale of Toyota.

3: Luxury brand ? .... New pastures for Maruti this.

4: Its already known that the rear bench space is not as per the standards set by the competition.

5: Ah finally, Is there a diesel option to take on the Laura, Cruze

All in all, I dont see where this vehicle would fit in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
@absynthguzzler: Tad premature to be making these statements. MS is an all-together different entity when it comes to India, so wait-and-watch, surprises could be in store.
I dont think any conclusions have been made from my side and only offered a comparative statement. Areas unknown to us have been left with a hope for the best and that's hardly termed as putting down a vehicle. Yes its hard to believe for some when the review is justified with critic and reason!........

This may seem premature to some, especially coz we're dealing with Maruti. I'd love to know where ive gone wrong in my thought process comparatively though .

The only point i probably missed is to opine on the overall car rather than trying to subject them as per each diefferent customer's prime requirement.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 5th December 2010 at 10:52.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:46   #96
BHPian

The details mentioned in the below link is mouth watering, if the information provided is true.

Maruti Kizashi
Old 5th December 2010, 22:49   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The details mentioned in the below link is mouth watering, if the information provided is true.

Maruti Kizashi

This is not the official Maruti Kizashi site.
Old 9th December 2010, 03:56   #98
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon

I got confirmation from a maruti employee that the kizashi will be launched with both petrol and diesel options,there will be an automatic...it is ckd and that the price will be around 18 lakhs.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:39   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler
Is it a drivers car to beat the Civic ? ...The power is there but driving dynamics is to be tested. Anyhow, how to justify volumes if this is the case?
From the reviews I have read about the K as it is available elsewhere, there is no doubt that it is indeed a driver's car. Even better than the Civic IMO. Funny you have doubts about its driving dynamics. And anyway when was that a dealbreaker for the majority car-buyers in India? Regarding volumes, how many people in India buy the Civic because it is a driver's car ?

Quote:
Is it a reliable car to beat the Altis ?... Maruti may have the know-how but not to the scale of Toyota and certainly not to people's perception when comparing the two
Maruti has been here much before Toyota and while you could blame them for skimping on features, the reliability of their cars has never been in doubt. BTW, we have in the recent past being hearing quite a lot about Toyota's so-called "reliability'. I would rather Maruti not emulate that.

Quote:
Is it a luxury brand to take on VW Group per say ? .... New pastures for Maruti this.
A valid point from the Indian context. But then it would only be in India that Skoda is considered luxury and Honda would have snob value.

Quote:
Is it a comfortable chauffeur driven option? ... Its already known that the rear bench space is not as per the standards set by the competition.
No idea about this. Might be a dealbreaker in the 15L segment where people would prefer to be driven around.

Quote:
Ah finally, Is there a diesel option to take on the Laura, Cruze and others ? .... Maruti has to wait for Fiat to do something bout this,lol.
A diesel would definitely be a major factor. But with nothing coming out for the SX4-D, this is hazy. BTW, not only did Maruti give the best hatch with that engine, they have been laughing all the way to the bank for years now, while Fiat makes do with a few hundred Puntos and Lineas that get sold every month.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th December 2010 at 10:42.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:10   #100
Senior - BHPian

A Civic is a driver's car because it was compared with Corollas and was a good all rounder. Kizashi should be a better car as far as driving dynamics are considered. For other factors, it needs to spend a few years on road.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:30   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arun, VW not fiat, my friend- and the Vento 1.6D in a higher state of tune would be just what the doc ordered for the Kizashi....
Old 29th December 2010, 23:03   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Coming this Jan priced at approx 13-15 lakhs, CBU from Japan. 2.4 VVT with 176 PS and 6 speed AT.

The car is on display inside the MSIL brand center at Vasant Kunj, Delhi. You can touch it, feel it and sit inside and have a good look at it.
Hi Sid, visited today only the MSIL brand center at vasant kunt. Touch, feel and comfort inside was pretty good and i have a feeling if the pricing is right, MSIL can hit a jackpot in the segment where presence of Maruti is little known.

28th January is the launch expected for this car.
Old 30th December 2010, 09:16   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Arun, VW not fiat, my friend- and the Vento 1.6D in a higher state of tune would be just what the doc ordered for the Kizashi....
I dont think VW will share their engines with Suzuki. From the articles I read, the JV was primarily because VW wanted to increase their market share to compete with Toyota and become world No.1. Also one of the agenda is that Suzuki has to manufacture one small car for VW with certain price range which VW will otherwise not be able to make !
Old 30th December 2010, 15:34   #104
BHPian

Hey I remember having read somewhere that Kizashi was to be a Civic-Altis segment sedan and with competitive pricing to give Honda and Toyota a run for their money on their premium models. Well if it is going to be priced at 18L then I don't know what Maruti are trying to do and how the car may fare in the Indian market. People have the money and India is a rich country but from a company perspective will the price be competitive enough to move Civic / Altis from their roost ?
Old 31st December 2010, 09:16   #105

According to the inside information I received, Maruti may try to localize some partsof the car while retaining an imported engine. My $0.02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks