Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 23:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
The official website also revealed. The look and feel don't do justice to it but then its under construction.

source: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi Website Revealed - Specs Highlights Launch | Autoholiks
That looks like a bogus website. Everything is so amateurish and unprofessional. No way it's official.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:32   #47
BHPian

I read from somewhere that Kizashi will launch next month.
Old 21st October 2010, 09:45   #48
BHPian

Looks like it is going to be a CBU and priced closer to 18lacs. That is steep for a Suzuki badge!!
Old 21st October 2010, 11:00   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Looks like it is going to be a CBU and priced closer to 18lacs. That is steep for a Suzuki badge!!
Are you sure?
MS has been around long enough to know CBUs(or any level of BU) just will not work in a non-premium sedan.
And i dont see maruti trying on a niche with a sub-20 L car.

Nope, i dont see it happening.
Old 24th October 2010, 01:49   #50
BHPian

12L is what I'd put this car's worth regardless of how its' built. Frankly, why should I care about the company's manufacturing strategy when all they are giving me is a product worth 12L and nothing more.

Maruti Suzuki can learn some common sense from Jazz, Fabia, CR-V and on the +ve side from the Vento/Fortuner. The market is willing, can the company deliver is the question here.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:50   #51
BHPian

I talked to a senior member in Maruti dealership in Pune and this is what he mentioned. I have no ways / means to verify that the information is authentic:
* total of 5 Kizashi's are in Pune area, 3 given to ARAI, Pune and 2 given to VRDE, Ahmednagar
* these organisations will keep testing the car in road conditions till they are happy to certify. So there is high likelihood of spotting these cars between Nagar and Pune
* All the cars have HR passing as the factory is in Haryana
* Launch will depend on when the certification is done
* Swift might get launched by March, 2011
* Dealer says Maruti folks are pretty secretive. SX4 was launched on a day when there was a confirmation from HO that its still 3 months away.
* Expect an SX4 diesel early next year. Will not have a 1.3 MJD for sure as positioning a higher weighing car with same engine with a premium over Dzire may not work in a price sensitive diesel market. A higher specced engine is expected
* VW / Maruti tie up is only for VW to badge and sell a Maruti model abroad, so dont expect engine to come from VW.
Old 1st November 2010, 12:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

I have come to know that a kizashi is on display at the MSIL brand center at Vasant Kunj, Delhi. Can anyone confirm the news? I still suspect that it may not be.
Old 1st November 2010, 20:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Kizashi Spotted in Pune 20 days ago. sorry for late posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-12102010002-1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched  at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi-12102010-4.jpg  

Old 1st November 2010, 21:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I have come to know that a kizashi
is on display at the MSIL brand center at Vasant Kunj, Delhi. Can anyone confirm the news? I still suspect that it may not be.
Yes it is there. A white coloured one with jet black tints. Almost opaque
Old 1st November 2010, 22:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey Good Looking !

The looks of the Kizashi are beginning to grow on me and im glad maruti has maintained the double exhaust at the back. Price this beast at 15LAKH and ill be standing at the Maruti Dealership with a cheque. Priced close to the Accord, Superb, Passat....theres no way it will ever succeed here. Its going to be a real tricky one for Maruti, IMHO even Hyundai has a slightly more premium customer perception. (they did decently well with the first gen Sonata and Terracan in India).
Old 1st November 2010, 22:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

i dont know if its the angle of the shots, but the exhaust slats look out of proportion.
too big.
And the one on the right looks to be purely cosmetic.
I see a letdown coming on, by way of the engine.
but nonetheless,i WANTS!
Old 1st November 2010, 23:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. IMO the front has a strong resemblance with Dzire, correct me if I am wrong.

I went through the link, the car seems to have been loaded with all possible features. Some features I liked :-

18" dunlop alloys.
ACC
425W Amp+10 Speakers
Paddle shifters
Powered Sunroof

@Tushky : Thats a proper registered car with Gurgaon number! Is it possible to get registered before launch etc?

Last edited by TaureanBull : 1st November 2010 at 23:43.
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
@Tushky : Thats a proper registered car with Gurgaon number! Is it possible to get registered before launch etc?
Yes, thats what the Maruti dealership told to me. Cars are registered before being given to ARAI / VRDE for testing.
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:27   #59
Senior - BHPian

The last 2 pictures of the car are really good. It looks so much better. If priced correctly, which MUL rearly mess up with, we can see decent numbers of this sedan on the roads.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Today's Business Line has an article on the front page about Kizashi being ready for launch in Dec-Jan. The article says it is being positioned against the Accord/Camry/Superb, which if true would be a surefire way to push a good car into oblivion.

I hope the folks at MSIL don't think this way and instead position it in Civic territory, ie. if they want the car to sell.

EDIT : What bothers me is the resemblance it bears at the front with the Swift. Not a good thing in a car atleast 2 segments higher. I remember reading here that one of the reasons the Ford Mondeo bombed here was the resemblance to the Ikon. There was quite some resemblance to the Ikon and I guess the target segment won't like to plonk 15L odd on a car that could be mistaken for something costing less than half that.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 2nd November 2010 at 10:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks