Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2011, 21:07   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: when is kizashi coming to india

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Give me the Kizashi for around 10L and even then I would rather go in for a Jazz, City, etc
You want to go for far inferior vehicles just because of the Honda brand - to say that you drive a Honda? Lol. A Kizashi at 10L? That is bloody fantastic value...I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Old 2nd January 2011, 09:38   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
This is funny. They want to launch it a 16L,
then check response,
then localize production,
then lower cost,
then what?
Laugh at those poor sods who bought those initial batch of imported cars?
What do these mfgrs think?
That all the people can be conned all the time?
I dont think they expect this car to be a big success. If they cant make SX4 a success, how can they make a bigger Kizashi a success here? And in any case Kizashi is not a success at least in US due to Suzuki's brand image.

The logic of launching this car would be pure brand building. Hey, look at us, we are not just a cheap hatch company, we make Accord sized cars too.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 2nd January 2011 at 09:40.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:04   #108
BHPian

just noticed that the kizashi website has been restyled.....does that mean the launch is near?
Old 7th January 2011, 17:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
This is funny. They want to launch it a 16L,
then check response,
then localize production,
then lower cost,
then what?
Laugh at those poor sods who bought those initial batch of imported cars?
What do these mfgrs think?
That all the people can be conned all the time?
My thought:
Bring the car as CBU with higher price tag and check market response. Wait for a couple of years before locally assembling/manufacturing and selling at the same price. During this period, the cost of manufacturing in the home country (in Japan here) would have gone up (due to fluctuations in economy, rise in raw material prices), so importing at CBUs and selling with the same old price tag isn't feasible anymore.
Old 8th January 2011, 11:19   #110
BHPian

wow! the website seems to be up and running. a couple of weeks back, i was unable to browse through the menu. Today, its working fine. Though some of the pages seems to be copied from the US site (mpg seems more relevant there).

Dual-zone ACC, paddle shift for CVT, smartpass keyless entry, 10-way power-driver's seat, 3-memory for the seat adjustment.... sounds sweet. only if the price also turns out to be equally attractive.
Old 8th January 2011, 11:23   #111
Senior - BHPian

The car will be launched in the first week of feb 2011.The one nice info i liked about the car is that it comes with paddle shift.It has a push button start etc.I will probably have a first shot at the car this month.Will revert as soon as that is over.

ram
Old 14th January 2011, 15:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The car will be launched in the first week of feb 2011.
yeah, seems like Feb 2nd is the launch date. But are they really targeting price range between accord and camry?- sad.

Quote:
Gearing up to intensify its play in luxury segment, car market leader Maruti will be launching its sedan Kizashi on the second of next month.
The vehicle, to be imported fully from parent Suzuki's facility in Japan, will be positioned between likes of Honda Accord and Toyota Camry at the upper end and Honda Civic, Volkswagen Jetta and Toyota Corolla at lower end. These cars are priced around Rs 12 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
Soruce
Old 14th January 2011, 16:15   #113
BHPian

Dint understand why the price variant is so much. 12-20L. 8L diff in lower and upper model.
Old 14th January 2011, 17:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon

renuka kirplani from Bloomberg has posted on her facebook saying the Kizashi will be featured in saturday's autocar show episode. as mentioned earlier in this thread, I feel launch could be near. I hope maruti launches it with an automatic as well as manual transmission options. will be surprised if its launched with a diesel motor.

( Mods: I'm not promoting any auto-magazine/company here )
Old 14th January 2011, 17:29   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Dint understand why the price variant is so much. 12-20L. 8L diff in lower and upper model.
That's interesting. Maybe they are launching 2 versions,one with a 2L 150 HP engine and the other with the 2.4L version in Auto. If this is the case, the lower option might definitely do well
Old 14th January 2011, 17:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
That's interesting. Maybe they are launching 2 versions,one with a 2L 150 HP engine and the other with the 2.4L version in Auto. If this is the case, the lower option might definitely do well
Read the news carefully. "These cars are priced....", means Civic and Accord. They say that the segment they want to position is between 12 and 20 lacs and not the car. I believe it is going to be priced near to the Laura/Cruze category.

Last edited by vasoo : 14th January 2011 at 17:57.
Old 14th January 2011, 18:07   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Read the news carefully. "These cars are priced....", means Civic and Accord. They say that the segment they want to position is between 12 and 20 lacs and not the car. I believe it is going to be priced near to the Laura/Cruze category.
My bad. You are right. I actually did not read the article and just reacted to the earlier post. This means we could expect something in the range of 15-18L between the manual and AT versions.
Old 14th January 2011, 18:35   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
just noticed that the kizashi website has been restyled.....does that mean the launch is near?
Expect a lot of launches from Maruti from this year- logically because, they're getting bludgeoned by the famous Jap/Euro brands in increasing areas that were their former stronghold. Their kei cars sell and bring in the numbers - but not beyond a limit.
Old 15th January 2011, 09:16   #119
Senior - BHPian

Here is an update I went through.

Source : Maruti Kizashi set to be launched in February

Article :

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Gearing up to intensify its play in luxury segment, car market leader Maruti Suzuki India will be launching its sedan Kizashi on the second of next month.

The vehicle, to be imported fully from parent Suzuki's facility in Japan, will be positioned between likes of Honda Accord and Toyota Camry at the upper end and Honda Civic, Volkswagen Jetta and Toyota Corolla at lower end. These cars are priced around Rs 12 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.

"This (Kizashi) is our attempt to be future ready, as we believe the A4 and A5 segment (luxury) is going to grow. It is small at the moment but the way the economy is growing, this segment is going to be big," Maruti Suzuki India Managing Executive Officer (Marketing & Sales) Mayank Pareek told PTI.

As per industry estimates, the size of the A4 and A5 segment is over 55,000 units per year.

"In another 5-7 years time, this volume is going to be big and to sustain our leadership position in the market we are looking at this segment seriously," he added.

MSI currently commands nearly 50 per cent of the total Indian car market which was at 1.87 million units in 2010.

Pareek said MSI will consider the option of assembling the Kizashi in India in future if the demand justified but declined to give a time frame.

Old 15th January 2011, 10:38   #120
BHPian

Seen the Bloomberg auto show about Kizashi today morning. According to renuka it comes in only one model (optional AT) which has 2.4 engine,17" alloys, button start , beige interiors, 6 speed manual, cruise control ,dual exhaust etc etc. no words on mileage or price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks