Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:53   #361
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex De

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
You may be right but here the statement was made with regards to sales US v/s Japan. So the Kizashi didnt even sell 6000 units in Japan in 2010?
As in every other sector, it is the most difficult to pull out any market data or intel on the two economic behemoths - China and Japan. While you are right that the above data doesn't really provide conclusive evidence on US Vs Japan sales performance for the Kizashi, I doubt that they sell less than 6k units in Japan annually given that Suzuki is much better placed in Japan vis-a-vis Honda/Toyota than they are in the US.
Secondly, notwithstanding what they do or don't in Japan - If they sell less than 2-3% of their targeted competition in the market for which they created the product in the first place (i.e. US) then there is a thing or two to be said about their marketing/branding/pricing strategy of the company!
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:19   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex De

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Just attended the Mumbai launch of the Kizashi at the ITC Grand Maratha Hotel. The Kizashi in Mumbai is priced at :

(Ex Showroom)
MT: 17.12 lakhs
AT (CVT) : 18.16 lakhs

Can we expect T-BHP official review in couple of weeks? Would be interesting to see how this version actually performs.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:38   #363
BHPian

Maruti has jumped several segments in launching the Kizashi here. From the 1.6L SX4 to the 2.4L Kizashi. They could have looked at the 1.8L and 2L options if they wanted to launch a big car at a competitive price. The CBU route does not help matters either. At the end of the day, I'm happy to know that the Kizashi will not have the 1.3L diesel or the 1.2L K series motor which Maruti has virtually standardized in all cars.

Hard to imagine the car will give 12 kpl. Unrealistic and over optimistic marketing. For this price, I don't see the Kizashi selling much. It'll make the Superb/Accord look very reasonable in terms of pricing with a better brand value.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:01   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It'll make the Superb/Accord look very reasonable in terms of pricing with a better brand value
The more I read the price the more i feel the sales of Accord or Superb will be more. If i was one of those who waited for Kizhashi I would now look at superb as my car and skip Kizhashi.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:11   #365
Senior - BHPian

Was waiting for this launch, was ready for slightly higher OTR than Civic, but this is higher than what i was ready to pay. Need to relook at Laura/Civic :(
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:16   #366
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Makes the superb look a good deal. People buying Maruti for peace of Mind always have the option of going for the Honda Accord now at these pricing, there is no temptation or addtional value being offered.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:20   #367
Senior - BHPian

The Kizashi is under such a predicament. The cars stregths i.e. great dynamics and a more compact exterior should be ideal for the European markets, but it has a big petrol engine while rest of the makers provide a more viable Diesel option and second the Suzuki brand doesnt help either.

In markets like India and US, size, interior space, plush ride and price matters. The Kizashi struggles in all these departments as well.

Its a pity though cause it is a brilliant car.
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:09   #368
Senior - BHPian

A major part of this perception about the brand value of suzuki vs say toyota/honda is because of their initial marketing strategies.

Manufacturers like VW,Toyota,Honda,Skoda in India has taken the top to bottom route,ei launching of more expensive cars first and the moving their way down.This way there were able to strengthen their brand name and then use that as a assured way of garnering sales in the lower spectrum of the market.Ofcourse the product plays a large role here but brand name gives that initial push.

Suzuki is trying the bottom to top approach which is much more difficult.

Its funny how Skoda is looked upon as a premium car maker here and has a desirable tag attached to it,whereas in europe is an entry level brand.Its all got to do with marketing and how to present your brand and back it up with good products.

Suzuki has the good profucts,but does not have that brand name in this segment,and earning that is much more difficult.
On a personal note i like the kizashi and i hope its successful for suzuki!
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:49   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People buying Maruti for peace of Mind
The unit is not manufactured in India. The spares/service is not known. Grand vitara service and spares story are not really comparable to the Swift or Wagon R stories.

The perception of peace of mind would definitely play a factor. I still feel it is only a perception that maruthi sales and service for Kizhashi will be pretty good.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:47   #370
BHPian

Maruti could have done far better with Kizashi. It is definitely a strong contender but I personally think, they ruined their chance with pricing. :(
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:01   #371

I believe that the Indian masses cannot be fooled just because of good publicity and marketing. MSL India would have to put it in a genuine effort to keep the Kizashi in the Indian market by providing the After Sales Service required for this segment.
After all it is a good product way overpriced though, if MSL India gets it right this could mean wonders to all the masses, as then they(MSL) could work towards getting the Kizashi assembled in India and lowering the prices further. This we have to wait and watch over the next year or so.
It would be a shame if MSL India misses out on the Kizashi like they did on the Grand Vitara. Because Kizashi definitely has the potential to be the segment ruler.
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:37   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...getting the Kizashi assembled in India and lowering the prices further...
I doubt if this will ever happen. The lower priced Kizashi will be a little upgraded SX4. Kizashi price will be reduced only when the segment price goes down altogether.
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:48   #373
Senior - BHPian

The Indian masses do not give a $#!+ about MUL and it is true vice versa, the masses are kept busy scrounging at bottom of the pyramid by the powers that be to come up with one meal a day. The Kizashi's customers are sitting pretty in the top half of the pyramid.

Regarding the service part I am yet to hear about a customer who has a real sob story regarding the service travails of the Grand Vitara and at the MSMs they and even their drivers are treated like VIPs. This in sharp contrast to the high handed behaviour that can be seen at any other OE's service center catering to the upper middle and higher segments. So the thought that MUL would not be able to meet the expectations of a Kizashi owner is well, flawed.

Whatever numbers MUL does with GV seems to be good for them, otherwise they would have pulled it off the market. With the reach that MUL has in our country they will end up with numbers that are good enough for them for the Kizashi too. Sure, we may not see a Kizashi at every mall parking but then that does not mean they are not selling and maybe that is not the right place to go looking for one.

Of course, for the first year or so MUL will milk the market and then some amount of rationalization will be seen price wise. That is before they plonk in the 2.0 L engine and localize certain components and if it is feasible even go the CKD route, not necessarily in that order. If they could, they would have started at a lower price point from day one but obviously since they cannot there is no harm in making some extra money feeding on the customers desire for the newest toy on the shelf. Remember Suzuki Motors is the only auto company in the world that has made a profit every year since their inception. Let us give them a little credit for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The lower priced Kizashi will be a little upgraded SX4.
Are you for real? Please just go take a good look at the car before making such comments leave aside test driving it and then let us have your comparative between the two. I am tempted to type "please try and keep up to the standards of the board" but shall refrain, as sooner than later you will realize that this is not an open blog which feeds web crawlers and while most of us on the forum may not be automotive experts but we do know and understand the products that are being discussed.

Last edited by khoj : 4th February 2011 at 00:04. Reason: added a few punctuations & commented on another post
Old 4th February 2011, 00:14   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sigghhh, there goes another sedan option off my list. But that was bound to happen being a CBU, wasn't it!
I can empathise with you. I know you've been looking for a replacement for your Duratec, and I know how mind-boggling the exercise can be.

I was eagerly looking forward to checking out the Kizashi in the Auto Show at Washington DC last week, but was surprised to see that Suzuki was not there at all. I did see every other manufactuere there however.

OT--I saw the new Fiesta there, but in terms of rear space, there was hardly any increase from the current model that we have in India. But the interiors are leagues ahead. You can find pics on the New Fiesta thread.
Old 4th February 2011, 01:34   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Was waiting for this launch, was ready for slightly higher OTR than Civic, but this is higher than what i was ready to pay.
I had the same predicament last year. Read up on the car and gut feel said I may not be able to afford it, when launched. Thankfully I took a call 8months back. The hunch turned out to be right!

Having said that, to me it looks like a fair price for a CBU and the specs it comes with.

@suman, I guess you'll need to hang on till the Mondeo is launched
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks