Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 09:56   #421
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex De

The new king of the 15-25L segment is about to arrive. Forget Accord/Superb/Kizashi. Hyundai is rocking and rolling in the US with Sonata sales (will be launched in India as the i45, i hope soon). I do not know much about "features/luxuries" but the car has two stonkers of petrol engines in the US - 2.4 liter 4 pot naturally aspirated petrol pumping out 200 BHP and 2.0 liter 4 pot turbo petrol pumping out, hold your breath, 274 BHP - Accord/Camry/Nissan V6s can take a hike. Both engines also have class leading fuel efficiencies which can be the achilles heel of performance oriented petrol cars in India, not so for the i45

i45 has been named the International car of the Year (ICOTY, North America) and it is easy to see why!

Someone with genuine info, any idea when this beauty will be launched and whether it will be de-tuned for India? Also, will it be abother CBU disaster or is Hyundai ramping up infra locally to assemble it here?
Old 7th February 2011, 11:53   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex De

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Toyota brought out a premium brand chain Lexus. Honda brought in Acura.

Maruti's jump from 5Lac bracket to 15lac is similar to Toyota and Honda jumping from 15lac bracket to 30Lac. MS should have followed this route if they wanted to break into this segment. What say, at-least for India?
Lexus and Acura are NOT there in India yet, and so let's not talk about that.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:05   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Lexus and Acura are NOT there in India yet, and so let's not talk about that.
Quote:
Maruti's jump from 5Lac bracket to 15lac is similar to Toyota and Honda jumping from 15lac bracket to 30Lac. MS should have followed this route if they wanted to break into this segment. What say, at-least for India?

Think you've got me wrong. No one's debating the need for Lexus and Acura to come to our shores. The strategy used to cater to the premium market is what's been put to discussion here. And some might say 15-20lac bracket is not premium enough....... it is in the Indian context!.

Edit: The car is launched and since there's no possibility of any positives coming out of this discussion in the current scenario. Lets end it .

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 7th February 2011 at 12:22.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:42   #424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now you are talking my point in a different language!
Not at all. You are saying Kizashi doesn't deserve this kind of pricing. I am saying Maruti's next car after SX4 needs to be positioned in the 12L category, and not in the 16L category.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:30   #425
BHPian

The best thing to do for MSIL would have been to name the cars below the Swift as "Maruti" and the ones above it as "Suzuki". But,guess its too late now and even Suzuki's brand value got diluted over the years.
Old 7th February 2011, 14:42   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What makes you think, that, this kind of combo that demands a price over 13 lacs.
Because it has a 2.4 liter engine!

If people want it to be around Rs. 12L they can't expect anything more than a 1.8 Liter engine [In India]

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please stick to 2 smiley per post. Do read the board rules before proceeding. Thanks!

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th February 2011 at 17:31.
Old 7th February 2011, 17:27   #427
BANNED

IMO Maruti Suzuki Kizashi might go the Grand Vitara way!! I personally feel the brand does not have the snob value to sell a car at that range. It is not the product that is the problem, it is the producer! of course, I might be wrong
Old 7th February 2011, 17:59   #428
Senior - BHPian

Ill tell you whats worse. Its the attitude of the dealers. I wanted to test drive a Vitara at Mohan Cooperative in Delhi (dont remember the dealers name) and the guys was so disinterested in the Vitara thats its not funny. They didnt get up and greet me and the moment i asked them about the car, they all panicked, starting talking amongst each other and asked me to wait for the manager to show me the car as he was the only one who knew anything about it !

The problem is very simple. They are used to selling a zillion cars a month per showroom and simply dont know how to deal with a 20 LAKH Ruppee customer. Lets admit it, most of the showrooms dont even have a premium look to it. Im not complaining but all im saying is that a buyers a lot more comfy in a Honda/SKODA/Nissan showroom than he is at a Maruti showroom.

Hope all has changed now !
Old 7th February 2011, 21:44   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The current pricing is justified, given that it's a CBU import.
Agree with you that the pricing cannot be better considering that it's a CBU. But do the customers care about being a CBU or not. They don't. Only thing they look at is the price.

I think Kizashi is a very nice vehicle. Will customers pay that price to own one? I will wait and see.

BTW, CBU from Suzuki(with 50% of the market share) is not expected.
Old 8th February 2011, 01:14   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Ill tell you whats worse. Its the attitude of the dealers. I wanted to test drive a Vitara at Mohan Cooperative in Delhi (dont remember the dealers name) and the guys was so disinterested in the Vitara thats its not funny. They didnt get up and greet me and the moment i asked them about the car, they all panicked, starting talking amongst each other and asked me to wait for the manager to show me the car as he was the only one who knew anything about it !

The problem is very simple. They are used to selling a zillion cars a month per showroom and simply dont know how to deal with a 20 LAKH Ruppee customer. Lets admit it, most of the showrooms dont even have a premium look to it. Im not complaining but all im saying is that a buyers a lot more comfy in a Honda/SKODA/Nissan showroom than he is at a Maruti showroom.

Hope all has changed now !
That is a very serious problem if maruti continues it while trying to sell the Kizashi.There is nothing more irratating than disinterested sales staff,and so often good cars sell badly because people dont know how to sell them correctly!

However i think Maruti will make amends this time around.I except Kizashi to be able only in the bigger cities and in the bigger maruti showrooms of each city.Also the maruti top brass said during launch they have set up dedicated staff to cater to buyers for kizashi.
Old 8th February 2011, 02:26   #431

Kizashi drive

hi guys, i had the oppurtunity to drive the kizashi for about 100 km last friday night.do not ask how i got hold of it,but i got it and drove.i drove the CVT version. having driven the car over the distance i felt that i have not driven a car like that (in that price point ) with such satisfaction in a while.the last car which made me feel like this was the Ford Mondeo.the car keeps accelerating well past 180 kph above which was not able to drive without a clear stretch of road available.moreover wife and daughter where in the car.power came on very strongly after 3700rpm and at no point was the engine feeling strained.it stopped quickly also .100 to 0 is supposed to be 2.7 seconds.the car looks wide and low and has fantastic road prescence.it out shines the civic ,altis and the accord in the driving and car control department by a mile.i think i must be one of the few guys outside of the automags and testdrivers to have driven the car this far and also enjoy it.the drive was done in the famous ECR of chennai after 8.30 pm.i actually had a blast with this machine .already enquiring with the dealer about a early delivery date.i would recommend it to anybody who needs a rush or middle age crisis.this should be a cure for it.
Old 8th February 2011, 03:41   #432
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kizashi drive

Aren't you the lucky one. Any snaps from the drive? A friend from the Scorpio Group also drove the Kizashi last month and came back grinning from ear to ear. Needless to say he has already prebooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik5711 View Post
stopped quickly also .100 to 0 is supposed to be 2.7 seconds.the car looks wide and low and has fantastic road prescence.
Err is that not a little too quick a stop. Everyone better be belted up, especially the rear passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik5711 View Post
i would recommend it to anybody who needs a rush or middle age crisis.this should be a cure for it.
For a second there I thought you were saying that it can bring on middle age crisis and actually with the price point it is at, that could actually be the case
Old 8th February 2011, 12:00   #433
Senior - BHPian

I saw a HR-registered Kizashi today morning at the Loyola college road - must be used by some Maruti official, I guess. Loved the frontal looks.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:06   #434
Senior - BHPian

Those living in Delhi-NCR who want to have a good glimpse and experince the Kizashi, go to MSIL brand center at Vasant Kunj, there are 4 cars and I think that test drives are also given there.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:16   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Those living in Delhi-NCR who want to have a good glimpse and experince the Kizashi, go to MSIL brand center at Vasant Kunj, there are 4 cars and I think that test drives are also given there.
This is next door to the DLF Promenade mall, so while you guys are there you can go to the Harley Davidson showroom too. However the HD guys are not very conducive to give a TD without a prior appointment. But still it is worth checking out the various machines and other goodies. Ek teer do shikaar.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed