Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 'Spotted' in Gurgaon EDIT: Launched at Rs. 16.5 Lakh Ex Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/89168-maruti-suzuki-kizashi-spotted-gurgaon-edit-launched-rs-16-5-lakh-ex-delhi.html)

Guys,

today evening was drving in Gurgaon around Bristol Hotel with family around 6 PM when spotted a car on a tow away vehicle being carried... first thought it to be a beemer 3 series but when went close/ tried to follow the vehicle on the tow away van, it was white coloured SUZUKI KIZASHI

man and i just went beserk on spotting it and the family in the car with me could not understand the reason for my excitement.. tried to follow the car till it went towards Sikanderpur/ Cyber greens

Details of the vehicle spotted:

White Coloured SUZUKI KIZASHI with KIZASHI branding on the number/ license plate as if the car was for some expo/ showroow display... the car had 16/17 inches low profile tyres and tints on the rear door glasses/ qaurter panel and rear windscreen..

the car was not camouflaged so does it mean the launch is around the corner?....

People post some more details on the KIZASHI launch in India if anyone has any bites..

Am sorry for not being able to click any pics since I was in bumper to bumper traffic in the moon crater roads of gurgaon and it was raining/ highly overcast evening...

It will come either in a 2.4L grand vitara engine oe a 2L turbo (highly expected). All wheel drive.
Something around 180bhp I guess. That what I was told in auto expo.
Comes with 6 speed manual. There is a CVT which is used abroad.

It does have low profile tyres with 17" alloys.
Interiors are fresh. Search for pics on the internet.

Good news is road test reviews reveal this car drives and handles much better than accord or camry.
Bad news is it will come as a CBU. so expect 17-18L for this. At this price point Suzuki will not offer value. Although most websites say it will be around 12L, but I believe its highly improbable.

Why CBU? Why cannot MSIL build the Kizashi in India and offer excellent competitive price in the bracket of 11-13 lakhs (the diesel should compete with cruze and the petrol with civic at that price point)?

P.S: A non camouflaged car might suggest that the launch is very near!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 2075520)
Why CBU? Why cannot MSIL build the Kizashi in India and offer excellent competitive price in the bracket of 11-13 lakhs

Perhaps as people here might find it difficult digesting the fact of a Maruti Suzuki being sold in the Rs 12-18 lakh price bracket ,much like it happened with Hyundai in case of the Sonata. Hyundai is doing very well with its small cars here and has the 'cheap to run & maintain car manufacturer' tag attached to it. So even today not many people find it practical enough to spend so much money on a 'big' Hyundai car. Same is the case with Maruti who is by far the numero uno manufacturer of budget vehicles and perhaps has noticed how the Sonata in spite of regular upgrades here & there (in the form of Emberra, Transform) ,bombed heavily thanks largely to the Accord, Superb etc.
MSIL might want to offer the Kizashi as a CBU initially and check how much interest it genuinely generates. If it does well, they might get down to manufacturing it here. Personally, i find it hard to fathom that the Kizashi might be anywhere near convincing with the Superb and Accord going so strong.
Smart move by MSIL IMO, to initially sell the Kizashi as a CBU. Its observing time for them.

^^^^^^^^^^^

But the fact remains that as a CBU - it shall be priced higher and further out of reach for most people. How to gauge people's reaction if no one can buy it for being offered @ 18 lakhs @ launch!
Kind of a catch 22 situation - indigenous build is a risk due to MSIL being unsure of its market value and CBU being a risk due to the unjust hike in the car's monetary value.
And Kizashi's no evo x that enthusiasts are gonna buy it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 2075541)
^^^^^^^^^^^

Kind of a catch 22 situation - indigenous build is a risk due to MSIL being unsure of its market value and CBU being a risk due to the unjust hike in the car's monetary value.
And Kizashi's no evo x that enthusiasts are gonna buy it!

Exactly. Getting this car off showroom floors is not going to be a walk in the park for MSIL.Far from it ! A step too far & they are going the Sonata way.

Why cant MSIL bring it as CKD, this will help them to limit the price and also maintain the build quality. But most of all for the Kizashi to be successful, Suzuki needs to launch it with a diesel heart.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Dont take for granted that Kizashi will come as a CBU. It was just my perception. Sorry for the confusion if I have created any.
***The fact is one of my relatives who work in maruti (production) says there are no plans for Kizashi as such.
***One of my friend from ARAI informed homologation test (some test for emissions and FE) are done for Kizashi and they might be launching it soon.
Both are authentic information so does not that mean its a CBU??

I surely will go for Kizashi if its priced around 12L. Or else Skoda Laura with 2L diesel with 6 speed DSG at 14.5L offer much better value.

I remember seeing a Kizashi here and going wow. Its a mid-size and quite good looking. But 18+L price tag for it is little over the tops. 12-14 L is my say. Lets see if I can manage some pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2076700)
I remember seeing a Kizashi here and going wow. Its a mid-size and quite good looking. But 18+L price tag for it is little over the tops. 12-14 L is my say. Lets see if I can manage some pics.

It does look good but it can't be compared with accord or Camry. I too saw the same car on tow away trailor on Delhi Gurgaon expressway. From someone I know at maruti, I got to know that it will initially come in as Ckd and not cbu. Price is what maruti still debating on. I think they should launch it in civic cruzeiro category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivmarwaha (Post 2076931)
It does look good but it can't be compared with accord or Camry.

You mean the looks ? I guess we cannot compare the looks and the physical dimensions. The front is more SX4-ish and the length is also at par. These are the impressions I got from just a glance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivmarwaha (Post 2076931)
It does look good but it can't be compared with accord or Camry.

Why so?
Here is a script from chicago tribune.
Quote:

It goes on sale in December in S (FWD only), SE, GTS and SLS trim with 6-speed manual or continuously variable automatic for FWD models and CVT with paddle shifting for AWD models. Prices range from about $19,000 to $26,000.

Kizashi is a big compact (as we see it) or a small midsize (as Suzuki sees it), about 2 inches shorter than a Volkswagen Passat. We tested the GTS with AWD, a very nice car.

It's also the first in what product planning director Steven Younan says will be a focus on more "exciting, emotional cars with a European styling influence and a premium feel and not just low-cost, conservative commuters."

Euro flair, all right, from a regal honeycomb grille, jewel-like headlamps and sporty air dam. A fashionable cabin offers well-cushioned and supportive front and rear seats with ample room to move any and all limbs, sufficient storage space in the dash, console and armrest and molded beverage/map holders in the doors.

Grained, soft-touch dash top and door trim add to the appeal, while a gap in the center armrest cover provides space to run cell phone or computer cord to the power plug. USB audio input and power plugs low in the dash behind the gearshift lever serve iPod/MP3 players.

A shortcoming, however, is noise -- wind filtering through windows and power sunroof and a whine from radials slapping all tar marks below. Blame it on the low-profile, 18-inch radials -- Suzuki does.

The 2.4-liter 4 with push-button ignition is rated at 185 horsepower and quickly reaches 30-mph launch speed, 50-mph cruising speed and the 80-mph mark needed to pass 18-wheelers or pace Camaros on the interstate. But the engine growls when pushed.

The CVT offers an infinite number of gears. You don't feel or hear shifts like you would in a traditional automatic as it seamlessly changes gears based on pedal pressure.

Reducing noise should be at the top of the to-do list for Gen II, or adding a small, quiet V-6. At least the 4 is rated at a respectable 22 mpg city and 29 highway. The hybrid promises better.

Handling is good without tedious lean in corners or aimless wandering because the steering is too vague. You feel in control thanks to crisp response to steering input and just enough weight in the wheel. Anti-lock brakes, stability control, traction control, side-curtain air bags and side-impact air bags are all standard -- and AWD, a novelty in an economy car, is available at the push of a button. Kudos.

You may not be able to reduce the ambient noise but you can drown it out with an optional Rockford Fosgate audio system with 10 speakers.

Nice touches in the dressed-up econocar include dual front and side sun visors for driver/passenger and a convenient slit in the visor to hold the parking pass. While the trunk is spacious, a ski pass-through and folding seat backs add cargo room in the cabin. There's also Bluetooth connectivity and a rare locking glove box.

A couple gripes other than noise: While rear-seat leg and arm room is more than tolerable for adults, the wide door opening is not high enough to spare the melon on entry or exit. Blame the air bag curtains in the roof and added padding to meet a 2014 side impact standard.

The Kizashi GTS tested starts at $22,400, including dual-zone climate control and power windows/locks/mirrors (heated)/seats. Add $1,250 for AWD and $1,100 for the CVT.

Tribune Media Services
Another Road Test
Quote:

DRIVING
My first session behind the wheel had me piloting an AWD Kizashi through a wet slalom course. The combination of AWD, traction control, and stability systems performed seamlessly, offering excellent grip on the wet pavement. The car remained composed during cornering, and didn't make any unexpected moves. Driven back-to-back against an AWD 2010 Subaru Legacy and an AWD Audi A4, the Suzuki proved itself a worthy competitor.

I also rode along with a Pro Drive instructor as we did a high-speed avoidance maneuver in a FWD CVT Kizashi, a new Acura TSX, and a new Mazda6. When thrown into an emergency situation, the Suzuki's reflexes, aided by its traction and stability systems, were impressive. Suzuki prides itself on the fact its traction/stability control systems work well and are as unobtrusive as possible to the driving experience, something enthusiasts will appreciate.

Next, I got to drive some laps on the racetrack in a Kizashi GTS with the manual transmission, and the car felt very athletic; surely this is sportiest version of the lineup. Even without AWD, the grip from the optional 235/45/18 tires was very good, and the suspension was firm enough to be entertaining, but soft enough to be comfortable. The 185 horsepower engine makes good use of its powerband, and never felt anemic.

Finally, I took another six-speed manual Kizashi through a dry set of S-turns, showcasing the car's quick steering, nimble handling, and strong grip. When driven back to back against the Volkswagen CC and Nissan Altima, the Kizashi felt the most nimble and sporting of the group.

Through all three tests, it was apparent that Suzuki kept the enthusiast in mind when engineering the car.
It will surely be an enthusiast's delight.

For all you know, they were merely transporting the same car that was displayed at the Auto Expo. They do intend to launch the Kizashi soon, so the car could be moving around for its marketing / advertising shoots.

I happened to click some photos of the Kizashi. Sorry for the quality. iphone cam sucks.