Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 23:45   #181
Senior - BHPian

Thanks DiscoverWild. Intention was to get our readers a good peak at what is coming and be ready for most of the things to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
This liberates space for the middle row which can be further pulled forward to make the last row more comfortable.
I did not try out all permutations, so we have a reason to assume that it may be so and some people will surely find it comfortable as per their needs and families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Let us give credit where it is due. The boot space with all the seats standing is the largest we have in any MUV/SUV in the market today. I definitely don't feel the need for a roof-rack above.
Rightly pointed out. Tata's seem to have done quite a good job at this. It remains to be seen how it fares to larger public when it hits the market and in what pocket range. Also, hopefully, the observations we are drawing are not only of the samples but will stand true of the larger production line, especially the rattling, engine, body performance etc.

The ceiling racks seem to be just too many without too much purpose.
Old 20th August 2010, 23:58   #182
Senior - BHPian

Can't believe I am seeing the interiors on a Tata vehicle. The quality and execution atleast from the pictures looks impeccable.
Old 21st August 2010, 02:00   #183
mxx
BHPian

thanks parsh and fs for review and pics.
Are they providing 2nd row captain seats(as in innova) for any variant?

@parch: so I guess u waiting for the launch?
Old 21st August 2010, 08:53   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
thanks parsh and fs for review and pics.
Are they providing 2nd row captain seats(as in innova) for any variant?

@parch: so I guess u waiting for the launch?
mxx, they are not revealing any information as yet, no specs, nothing except that the engine is picked directly from Safari. But from the short talks, it occurs tha it will probably not have any captain seats in middle row.

Yes, we are awaiting its launch. I just hope they launch soon and make their Sept launch.
Old 21st August 2010, 08:57   #185
BHPian

@parsh - great snaps and you took care to snap the right stuff too. Looking at the pictures, I'm sure Tata has a winner here - Interior quality looks great. Reminds me very much of the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Minivan I had when I was in US - same color too.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:29   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
@parsh - great snaps and you took care to snap the right stuff too. Looking at the pictures, I'm sure Tata has a winner here - Interior quality looks great. Reminds me very much of the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Minivan I had when I was in US - same color too.
Thanks CI. Glad, people could visualize the look of the car with the pics.

Tatas must be flattered to have a comparison with the likes of Chrysler Town. Waw!

Im just itching to get my hands on it for a TD I had a TD of new Safari just day before but will hold my comments until I experience the Aria.
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:39   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post

Look behind the Aria. The sibling Manza just parked behind poses for WE ARE A FAMILY.

For me its a Family

1. Aria - Father
2. Manza - Mother
3. Vista - Child

If i relate it to family then child was born first then mother followed by father

Note : The above perception of mine is subjective and it may differ from person to person

Last edited by driving_smartly : 22nd August 2010 at 21:41.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:07   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post

For me its a Family

1. Aria - Father
2. Manza - Mother
3. Vista - Child

If i relate it to family then child was born first then mother followed by father

Note : The above perception of mine is subjective and it may differ from person to person

As it is, we had probably less to worry about what came first, chicken or egg. Ab socho, bachha kaun? Aria growing out of the lineage or the earlier egg HATCHed Indica?
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:55   #189
BHPian

Quote:
The New Safari spy shots seem to be up at BSM and hopefully a mid-2011 launch, but who knows, you may be right, it may not happen till 2012 as well.

Hey any links or snaps of the spy shots?
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:26   #190
Senior - BHPian

No sweat drsk. Here is the BSM link with spy shots, article in Apr 2010.

Spied! 2011 Tata Safari

They are under wraps though. Enjoy
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:38   #191
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
Wonderful review - FS and Nice pics - Parsh.

Just curious, is it feasible for the Tatas to push the 3rd row a little back maybe couple of inches? i.e. even if they want to change the design now, is it possible? That would give decent legroom for the 3rd row and at the same time not compromise too much on luggage space.

In the present Safari, I was wondering why not make the rear seats (not the jump seats) reclining? But, saw that there was a pillar/protrusion (pardon me for being weak in the terminology) which does not allow that.

So, if there's nothing obstructing, they should be able to pull the 3rd row a little back.
In the present safari, the seats can actually be made to recline further if they want to create such a design but presently the seat back rests on bolts welded to the body on the sides just behind the seat.

In the aria too a design that premits reclination would be possible but make the seats a bit rattly, but they can't push the seat base back any further if they want to retain the full flat luggage bed logic with the seats folded. The rear houses the spare tyre and accessories trays below the base cover, though it is yet not clear how it would be accesses (from top or below). That is one snap that is missing.
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:05   #192
Senior - BHPian

Interesting top view from Tata's Aria's publications of inner layout (sorry mods, but do not have a reference herewith, pls take off the post if not suitable to be published).

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tataaria4_auto_expo006_motoroids.jpg

This should clarify a few doubts from some readers.

About the query on making changes to seat adjustability at this stage, I think, it may be too late in day to think about it for Tata. Maybe another version down the line.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:30   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
Hey any links or snaps of the spy shots?
Quote:
No sweat drsk. Here is the BSM link with spy shots, article in Apr 2010.

Spied! 2011 Tata Safari

They are under wraps though. Enjoy
@drsk, above link from BSM is just a small news about probable mid-2011 launch of new Safari. Checkout below thread for more pictures and the story so far

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-pics-18.html
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:38   #194
BHPian

Recently I TD Xylo and Scorpio and had to drop the plans of picking up either one of them, reason being, had to invest the money elsewhere and thought of waiting for Aria which appeared to be a better vehicle from the discussions here. After seeing the top view pic, I'm wondering if TATA will ever make a TRUE 7-8 seater in segment (Safari and Aria) ?
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:52   #195
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
mxx, they are not revealing any information as yet, no specs, nothing except that the engine is picked directly from Safari.
Is this good or bad, in terms of refinement, performance etc? I havnt driven a safari yet, hence the question.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks