Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 00:59   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ They are.

Also there are wider room for improvements in seating option. Look at this video
No offense mate, you are comparing apples with oranges I have seen the Hyundai H1 it is definitely bigger than ARIA and it is in a different class

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 7th September 2010 at 11:50. Reason: Removing the video from the quote. Thanks.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:42   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Also there are wider room for improvements in seating option. Look at this video
Concept of rotating middle row seats looks appealing. When turned fully around, it is sort of semi-sleeper arrangement. Hope such inputs flow into vehicles for India as well.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:55   #228
Senior - BHPian

Aria Pricing: 9L t0 11L

Is this true?

Tata Aria Car Price | Tata Aria EX, Tata Aria LX, Tata Aria GX Price, Features and Specification

More importantly, is this even possible, given the feature-set of the vehicle? And in the article they seem to have priced the LX higher than the GX. Also, they either don't have any info of a VX or this is plain guesswork (and hence - Wrong!!).

If it is true, would imply that Tata plans on doing a Maruti, pricing different products in the same range and giving customers more options within the Tata stable itself.

If it isn't true, then - Oh well, I wish it were

Last edited by VeluM : 30th August 2010 at 13:56.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:11   #229
Senior - BHPian

^^ Seems more like a guess work.

I am sure the variants naming, EX, LX & GX, would be in sync with the existing product; hence no way the GX priced lower than LX.

And for the pricing itself, too good to be true. The site / post itself seems amateurish.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:35   #230
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

VeluM

Nope these are incorrect pricing for sure.

Within TATA family the pricing has to be LX<EX<GX<VX
Also it mentions rear drums, while the Aria has Disks on all wheels.
It is a just poor reporting and incorrect speculation.

dream pricing for sure, but if only dreams were to be true.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:37   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
^^ Seems more like a guess work.

I am sure the variants naming, EX, LX & GX, would be in sync with the existing product; hence no way the GX priced lower than LX.

And for the pricing itself, too good to be true. The site / post itself seems amateurish.

These are the Safari prices

If the prices mentioned are correct, which i dont think to be true, then Toyota Innova story should be TATA Bye bye.

But in any case, if Aria is priced 1-2 lacs higher than the mentioned prices, even then the Innova will have a tough competition.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 30th August 2010 at 14:40.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:42   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Is this true?

Tata Aria Car Price | Tata Aria EX, Tata Aria LX, Tata Aria GX Price, Features and Specification

If it isn't true, then - Oh well, I wish it were
Looks cool pricing. As i said earlier, get ready for killer pricing from Tata. I am sure pricing will be close to this only.

Tata knows business very well. They will try to compete only with Innova which is a market leader. I dont think they will put big price tag on Aria & ruin there own market.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:56   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Looks cool pricing. As i said earlier, get ready for killer pricing from Tata. I am sure pricing will be close to this only.

Tata knows business very well. They will try to compete only with Innova which is a market leader. I dont think they will put big price tag on Aria & ruin there own market.
I guess these could be introductory prices, after which there might be some price increase, once the market share grows. Since the Innova seems a bit overpriced to me, I feel it is feasible for Tata to launch the Aria at prices a shade lower than the Innova anyway.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:00   #234
BHPian

So is this the new Safari platform? (Sorry if this is a dumb question)
Old 8th September 2010, 14:11   #235
Senior - BHPian

I saw one red/maroon Aria driving on LBS near Shreyas, Ghatkopar in the morning. It just drove past me in the opposite direction towards Vikhroli. Looked quite bigger compared to Innova and a decent stance (although personally I liked Innova's looks and stance on road better) as I could notice it pretty well in the slow traffic there. It was registered with MH 02 no (mind well, not a temp reg no) and stamped Concorde. So probably an initial test registration solely to Concorde, Prabhadevi owner(s).

I immediately enquired at Concorde about the launch and price and they are still skeptical/unrevealing about the exact launch and price saying it is not known (told) to them as well and only at the launch it will be revealed. The prob launch going to end of Sept or Oct start.

The prices mentioned and specs as such pointed out by the articles seem to me un-realistic and also pointed out by some of our friends here. There is no date on the article as well as to when these prices are speculated. Interesting wait and watch game for all of us so eagerly waiting for it.
Old 13th September 2010, 00:28   #236
Senior - BHPian

I saw a metallic Maroon Aria today at around 2:45PM turn towards Jivan Bima nagar from the Old Madras Road-BEML Gate-Old Airport Road connecting road. Looks smaller than I imagined, though still taller and wider than the Innova. Definitely as tall as a Sumo that was following it (though probably unrelated).

The vehicle had a White-on-Red registration (paper) as KA-03, so I assume the test drive vehicles have arrived in Karnataka (Bangalore)? Anyone had a chance to drop in on Concorde?

Unfortunately was on foot (though I tried running a bit hoping that it would get caught in traffic ahead), so the Aria got away before I could get near enough to take a pic/look inside. Looked like the next-to-top version (didn't have cladding) but had alloys.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:20   #237
BHPian

Caught sight on Aria - CBE

Saw an Aria parked on Racecourse Road in CBE last week. Liked the overall appearance. Sized pretty much in the same league as the Innova.

I always hated the gap in the bonnet that the Vista has and the Aria seems to have the same. Also, the front looks exactly like the Vista - except that it is raised. Doesn't give it that Scorpio-kind presence.

The third row is only for 2 children.

Here are some photos. The car has a CBE Temp Registration, but strangely had no Aria badging!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-dsc00005.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-dsc00006.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-dsc00007.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-dsc00008.jpg  

Old 14th September 2010, 12:06   #238
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

ananth iy

The Aria badging is on the crome strip above the rear number plate. It is emborsed on it.

Many manufacturers like are moving to this style that was earlier present in Jaguars of the world - now - the new Wagon R has it - an over kill for that product, but definately a nice touch on the Aria.
Old 14th September 2010, 13:02   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
ananth iy

The Aria badging is on the crome strip above the rear number plate. It is emborsed on it.

Many manufacturers like are moving to this style that was earlier present in Jaguars of the world - now - the new Wagon R has it - an over kill for that product, but definately a nice touch on the Aria.
If you look closely what it says on the chrome badge is TATA and not Aria. But anyway, I guess the badging is too insignificant to worry about - unless they don't intend to call it Aria after all!!
Old 14th September 2010, 13:12   #240
Senior - BHPian

the front & the side profile is great but i dont like the rear styling one bit. after that aggressive front & the chunky tyres, the rear looks as if it was designed in a hurry.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed