Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 12:44   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Errr... I just came across this website, "www.buildadreamcar.com"
Well, thought it was a game of some sort, but the AWD,suspension specs and 7 seater bit makes me think that it's Aria's teaser website.
I completed the first level(kid's play) and they said that to access the second level(dashboard assembly) i have to wait for two days. Can confirm only after seeing that, but the specs and usage of 'for indian roads' cements thats it's Aria.
EDIT: it IS Aria teaser site, it's written 140ps,320nm torque and also the double mass flywheel.
P.S. BTW isn't cruise control only available with A/T in most cars?

Last edited by DicKy : 21st September 2010 at 12:49.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:48   #287
BHPian

Aria seems a killer, i don't like the front design but considering features for the top end model, it seems VFM.

A friend of mine attended the Aria training and told that the car is super smooth. (Heard same about Safari BS IV with water cooled EGR) i am looking for an upgrade and really confused. I can't wait any longer but the wait might be worth if aria and new safari (hopefully launched in 2011) comes loaded with features I always wanted.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:01   #288
BHPian

16 big ones for a tata car? they'll have to have something eq. to a 25 lakh car in terms of build, trim and long term product experience. includes no rattles, exclusive workshop/bays/SAs.

even 12 big ones would warrant that for these guys, IMO.
Old 21st September 2010, 16:58   #289
Senior - BHPian

That spec sheet is a huge leap forward for Tata, but the issue is whether the customers will catch up. I hope customers can relate to and appreciate all the features that the Aria is loaded with.

Nice to see Tata aiming at both ends of the spectrum, one with the Nano and now the Aria. Kudos for having the balls!!!
Old 21st September 2010, 17:27   #290
Senior - BHPian

TATA should start a VW type ad compaigns explaining the details/features of ARIA :-)
Old 21st September 2010, 17:47   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
TATA should start a VW type ad compaigns explaining the details/features of ARIA :-)
Looks like none of you guys have seen my previous post.

The Aria teaser site is up!!! www.buildadreamcar.com

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd September 2010 at 09:18. Reason: link corrected
Old 21st September 2010, 18:55   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
16 big ones for a tata car? they'll have to have something eq. to a 25 lakh car in terms of build, trim and long term product experience. includes no rattles, exclusive workshop/bays/SAs.

even 12 big ones would warrant that for these guys, IMO.
This one is totally out of line.

If it is Tata, you should get a 25 lakh build quality in a 16 lakh car. If it is Toyota or Ford or Honda, then you are okay with a 8 lakh build quality in a 12 lakh car, is it?
Old 21st September 2010, 19:23   #293
BHPian

I still have hopes for Aria Base model with 16" steel wheels Tata to price it more competitively in the sub 10 lakhs area.

Tata must price Aria very carefully not to face bad sales like the Grande after initial Euphoria for the design, Engine etc.

ONLY Tata with access to LR with good quality, new generation, contemporary vehicle like Aria in Indian market with affordable competitive pricing can really keep a Check on the price atrocities / plundering of customers practiced by Toyotas, Hondas, etc India just in the name of quality / features for us Indians.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:43   #294
mxx
BHPian

ABS standard across all variants, impressive.
Except airbags, the Aria base version has almost all features of innova top variant plus much more.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:01   #295

Aria at JLR HQ, UK

Don't know if this has been posted before.

Source Tata Aria to Get Finishing Touches at Jaguar-Land Rover | CarTradeIndia.com

Quote:
Motors is ready to storm the SUV segment with its upcoming launch Tata Aria. It is the new crossover SUV model on which Tata Motors has been working on since quite some time. The concept model was shown earlier at the 2010 in January. Now sources have confirmed that the model has been shipped to JLR to get some finishing touches.
“Tata Aria, to be launched in 2010, blends the functionality and comfort of a mid-range MPV with the all terrain assurance and premiums of an SUV. Aria's unique design and construction makes it robust, elegant and comfortable,” says official statement on Tata Motors website.

With a 2.2L diesel engine generating 140 bhp, Aria will be the country’s first MPV with 4WD. The model is expected to be priced around Rs. 12-14 lakh and will be commercially available in the market before the end of this year. Most probable launch date is expected around the Diwali season.
Tata Motors intends to get it right in the first time and the new interiors being done by its British counterpart JLR include 3D surround sound, dimming roof lamps, in-dash built in GPS, a state-of-the-art infotainment system, multifunctional steering wheel, dual air conditioning with automatic climate control and cruise control.
Interestingly, there's been a couple at our design HQ for months now (as well as a few Nanos) but I don't think anything's being done on it. It looks like a post test discarded proto from MIRA where Tata does loads of tests and the interiors look like they've been put together from other Tata models. My belief is that they're here just for JLR engineers to have a peek at but there has been no design input from JLR as claimed by the article above.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:25   #296
BHPian

I see what Tata's doing here - The Innova is the taxi! The Tata is the exclusive one!

@FS: All your 3rd row space comments are the only worry - will have to sit in it to believe it because I remember Tata stating that they designed the interiors first and then built the car around it (or was that Xylo?). Also, can dead pedals be fitted aftermarket?
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:08   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Tata stating that they designed the interiors first and then built the car around it (or was that Xylo?). Also, can dead pedals be fitted aftermarket?
It was M&M for the Xylo. This was mentioned in some advertisers feature on Xylo in some auto magazine sometime back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugwaar View Post
My belief is that they're here just for JLR engineers to have a peek at but there has been no design input from JLR as claimed by the article above.
Exactly my thoughts. IMO these are marketing statements. Why would JLR work on accessories? Any other supplier can help on that! JLR should be able to help on the actual vehicle!

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd September 2010 at 19:10.
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:05   #298
Senior - BHPian

I think these are statements made by hyper active media rather than any sources from Tata.
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:44   #299
BHPian

It ain't your dad's TATA*!!

I would say the concerns like "possible V2 in a few months" are all long gone. TATA is like any other car company, except in the minds of some of our compatriots.

*Remember the Oldsmobile campaign

Last edited by DileepKS : 22nd September 2010 at 17:58.
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:49   #300
BHPian

Marketing for Aria

There can be no help from anyone for a vehicle that is completely tooled up and ready for dispatch.

They (LR) can only fine tune things may be for a Euro/US version. Or Tatas could have simply sent the vehicle for the LR engineers to understand the VFM engineering prowess of India (may be I am getting too hypothetical).

But ads stating that the vehicle is fine tuned by LR may also back fire on the image of LR if & when you start the car & the trims start juddering!

Congrats to the Tatas for bringing in a premium product (and pricing it well) to challenge vehicles from other global non-Indian OEMs (I always see Tata, Mahindra to be global car makers from India!)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed