Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 13:27   #151
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

parsh

1) Wait for the Aria's projected release in September - if it is afterall at about 12-13L Ex showroom go for it.
2) Else pick out the Safari GX 4X4 at about 10.5L Ex showroom.
3) Aria pricing is too speculative at this point of time. I too hope that it is within a max of 13L Exshowroom max else I too would skip it.
4) The new safari is not likely in 2011, 2012 seems more likely, though they may do a refresh earlier. There haven't been sufficient sightings of the new safari for it to be anywhere close to release.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:41   #152
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ACM for the quick feedback. Much appreciate it.

We are also on similar moods. Let us hope Tata does not price it too high. However, from the moods and feedback from Tata reps, it doesnt seem it will be so.

I am likely to TD present Safari today. The New Safari spy shots seem to be up at BSM and hopefully a mid-2011 launch, but who knows, you may be right, it may not happen till 2012 as well.

I think, we will probably hold the purchase till the launch.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:47   #153
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Stunning scoop drive, FlyingSpur and detailed comments to match. Rating thread a well deserved 5 stars.

About the pricing : Has any Tata till date been overpriced? Not the Nano, Indica, Indigo or Manza I know. Highly doubt the 18 lakh rupee number being discussed on this thread. It'll be more like the 12 - 13L rupee range.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

I very much agree with you GTO. None of Tata have been overpriced ever.

Tata surely has a winner here for a mid-segment just sitting between Innova and Endeavour. Their build and quality is definitely a notch up from expections. The only issue I found was the crampiness in the 3rd row even with the middle row pushed ahead, (will try to attach pics here asap so all can have look), unlike the 1st 2 rows which are lavishly spaceous.

As I expressed my thought earlier, Aria in Innova's space would kill Innova's market for sure. However, a different market seems to be targetted. So price is highly speculative at this point. Let us hope for best pricing from Tata and a swifter launch.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:42   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Stunning scoop drive, FlyingSpur and detailed comments to match. Rating thread a well deserved 5 stars.

About the pricing : Has any Tata till date been overpriced? Not the Nano, Indica, Indigo or Manza I know. Highly doubt the 18 lakh rupee number being discussed on this thread. It'll be more like the 12 - 13L rupee range.

Somehow I doubt that Tata can take on the Innova, no matter how good a product Aria turns out to be. I would think atleast 1.5 L less than Innova spec to spec.

Unless i am completely wrong about this car being positioned as an Innova alternative.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:57   #156
BHPian

flyingspur -> Thanks for the review

If the price is at par or below current inova price , it will be hit else we will start seeing discounts in six months after launch.

Though tata has improved a lot ,they are still not able match the refinements of toyota..
Old 18th August 2010, 19:30   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Somehow I doubt that Tata can take on the Innova, no matter how good a product Aria turns out to be. I would think atleast 1.5 L less than Innova spec to spec.

Unless i am completely wrong about this car being positioned as an Innova alternative.
Aria is well beyond the Innova spec. TATA's dont seem to have had Innova as benchmark when they made ARIA. Aria for sure is positioned a few notches beyond the Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
flyingspur -> Thanks for the review

If the price is at par or below current inova price , it will be hit else we will start seeing discounts in six months after launch.

Though tata has improved a lot ,they are still not able match the refinements of toyota..

But definately the ARIA will be leagues ahead in performance/comfort/ refinement and pricing compared to the Innova.

Only time will tell.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:54   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post

I will be attaching my snaps of Aria in the later posts. Meanwhile, you guys can have a look at the pics on my link here Picasa Web Albums - Parsh - Tata Aria - F....
Thanks for the pix.

Now with another Innova user's short review, I am compelled to believe we might have a winner here if the pricing is right. I also pray that they give a 5 year warranty and an AMC option along with it.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:42   #159
BANNED

Specs, Size , Space all are good, Can TATA deliver a Niggle free product or that will be the part of package as usual?

I must say Tata Products are improved a lot and lets see how much they have improved from Manza.

Can some of the photoshop expert here give a better grill/headlamp design to the ARIA please?

Last edited by wildon : 18th August 2010 at 20:50.
Old 19th August 2010, 06:39   #160
BHPian

@parsh
ARIA could be priced around 13.5L for the top-end. Definitely higher than Innova - say about 1-1.5 lakhs more than Innova.

IMO, it would still be good value at this price. But I would like to know from you as an Innova owner do you think ARIA is worth about 13.5 Lakh?
Old 19th August 2010, 06:58   #161
BHPian

I too feel that in the department of design, plush interiors and specs on paper, Tata can be impressive. The only question about all Tata vehicles has been quality. Tatas tend to develop more glitches and more frequently than most other vehicles in India. Quality of parts too are rather inconsistent.
Old 19th August 2010, 07:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Can TATA deliver a Niggle free product or that will be the part of package as usual?
This is what I am hoping for, a niggle free vehicle on which I can put my money. I am praying that there should not be a long and endless thread in the near future with the title "Aria - List of problems and solutions"
Old 19th August 2010, 12:49   #163
Senior - BHPian

The snaps attached herewith for benefit of the larger audience.

The first snap from my windscreen as I parked behind the Aria.

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-17082010306.jpg

A closer look at the rear, Marina'ish/Indica look, its all in the family. Could have helped if different styled with diff lamp cluster and the overall a diff perspective to the rear. Would have made it stand out from their legacy designs. The edge though adds to the crispiness and makes a little diff impression.

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-17082010307.jpg

The front, a little diff but still reminiscent of the legacy (a later pic will the reveal the family line).

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-17082010308.jpg

The Side perspective, CR-V'ish, but looked good to me.

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-17082010309.jpg

Overall looks like having a good perspective on road.

(just getting used to pushing content here, so will do it part by part)
Old 19th August 2010, 15:04   #164
Senior - BHPian

Parsh, went through the Picasa album. Fantastic set of pictures, thanks for taking the effort. Most details I mentioned which I missed out on clicking are covered in your album, from the C-pillar vents to the roof storage. This will give our readers a clearer picture of what the Aria is like and what I was talking about.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:05   #165
Senior - BHPian

I am worried about those series of roof storages.

@FS

What was the ODO reading on the test vehicle, if you remember?
Was there any kind of rattling sound from those roof storage boxes during your test drive?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks