Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:52   #196
BHPian

Tata seems to be on the right track. Their cars keep improving.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:10   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Is this good or bad, in terms of refinement, performance etc? I havnt driven a safari yet, hence the question.
Sorry mate, refinement and performance is something I cannot comment as yet as I did not have a drive of it.

However, FS seems to have a good feel of it with a long drive over the sea link. Maybe he can comment upon it presently.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:50   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
After seeing the top view pic, I'm wondering if TATA will ever make a TRUE 7-8 seater in segment (Safari and Aria) ?
I too am beginning to wonder as to why the Aria cannot be not be made into a true 7 seater (to seat 7 healthy adults ) by just pushing the 3rd row back a couple of inches into the luggage area ? Or is this intentionally done to avoid the plonking of hefty 100 kilo adults in the 3rd row which might upset the handling dynamics ? Beats me for sure !
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:41   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Some queries.

@Flying spur & Parsh-
  1. How is the last row space compared to Innova and Xylo?
  2. Does the seats have the flexiblity seen in the Innova?
  3. Does all the seats recline, split and fold like the Innova?
  4. How much is space behind the last row seats compared the cars mentioned above?
  5. How easy is it to get to last row of seats? Is it convenient enough for elderly?
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:39   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
After seeing the top view pic, I'm wondering if TATA will ever make a TRUE 7-8 seater in segment (Safari and Aria) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I too am beginning to wonder as to why the Aria cannot be not be made into a true 7 seater (to seat 7 healthy adults ) by just pushing the 3rd row back a couple of inches into the luggage area ? Or is this intentionally done to avoid the plonking of hefty 100 kilo adults in the 3rd row which might upset the handling dynamics ? Beats me for sure !
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Also, in the pic, the middle row is pulled back towards 3rd row and 3rd row seats are unmovable seats.
Quote:
Well according to Parsh who's sat in the last seat and taken some helpful pictures, there seems to be an OK amount of room with the middle row pushed all the way back.

How far this will improve if the middle row is moved forward some (since the front seats have more than necessary travel, and will almost never be completely back) is yet to be seen. Should Not be unacceptable even if compared with the Innova, particularly if one looks at the positive of having usable boot space While still being fully occupied, passenger-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Flying spur & Parsh-
  2. Does the seats have the flexiblity seen in the Innova?
  3. Does all the seats recline, split and fold like the Innova?
  4. How much is space behind the last row seats compared the cars mentioned above?
  5. How easy is it to get to last row of seats? Is it convenient enough for elderly?
I know the middle and rear seats do split and fold, not sure whether they recline (from the pics, but most probably not the last row).

Aria has more boot space than the Innova, I'm sure. Not sure about the Xylo though.

Would like to know the answer to 1 too!
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:10   #201
BHPian

Is the tyre size same as the Safari??
Old 24th August 2010, 00:12   #202
BHPian

Quote:
@drsk, above link from BSM is just a small news about probable mid-2011 launch of new Safari. Checkout below thread for more pictures and the story so far

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-pics-18.html
Parsh Thanks!

The snaps have finally confirmed my worst fears about the spare wheel going under
Old 24th August 2010, 04:24   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Glad you liked what you see.

Putting in the some more pics.

The middle dash from middle seats. What you see as an orange indicator in the switches just above the deck is an electronic switch to 4X2 and vice versa.

Attachment 409974
WOW, am I seeing a climate control there, first of it's kind in any TATA vehicle
This is really impressive
Old 24th August 2010, 09:24   #204
Senior - BHPian

i feel tata could have moved the third row seats back & created more legroom instead of compromising on comfort for boot space.

like in innova & xylo, those who wants luggage space can anytime fold the rear seats. but in aria, even without luggage, the third row is practically useless for long trips.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:37   #205
BHPian

@raj_5004

Isn't it that 90% of long trips will inevitably have luggage.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:13   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
WOW, am I seeing a climate control there, first of it's kind in any TATA vehicle
This is really impressive
Yup, thats the climate control at the bottom.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:54   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i feel tata could have moved the third row seats back & created more legroom instead of compromising on comfort for boot space.
like in innova & xylo, those who wants luggage space can anytime fold the rear seats. but in aria, even without luggage, the third row is practically useless for long trips.
From the pictures, it does seem so, but I think this compromise is better, for the reason stated below. I do get your point though, but I'd wait for the final version to draw conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
@raj_5004

Isn't it that 90% of long trips will inevitably have luggage.
Correct.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:16   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I tend to agree with you. Tata could have moved the 3rd row seats back a bit and that would have still left a huge boot even for touring. Maybe they had a design constraint in the placement of stepheny in the bottom behind the 3rd row seats. Still more legroom would have been always welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
Parsh Thanks!

The snaps have finally confirmed my worst fears about the spare wheel going under
Mee too liked the earlier design of spare wheel sticking to the back. Kind of looked robust and added to the identity of Safari.

Quote:
@Flying spur & Parsh-
Aria would have lesser space compared to both of these in the last row. Innova is definitely more comfortable and we had driven in it to Goa and other outings with adults sitting in there, in long drives.

But, maybe, I do not remember exactly now since I checked it at an exh, Xylo has little edge over innova on the space here but not comfort.

Quote:
@Flying spur & Parsh-

Does the seats have the flexiblity seen in the Innova?
Yes, similar. In fact Aria has superb flexibility in 2nd and 3rd rows, that they fold completely on ground to form a huge bed and a near flat surface on the ground.

Quote:
@Flying spur & Parsh-

Does all the seats recline, split and fold like the Innova?
Yes, quite similar. Except for the last row, which cannot recline more than they are as it is.

Quote:
@Flying spur & Parsh-

How much is space behind the last row seats compared the cars mentioned above?
You should see the snap showing the space behind the 3rd row seat. Its HUGE! Incomparable to Innova or Xylo or Scoprio.
Quote:
@Flying spur & Parsh-

How easy is it to get to last row of seats? Is it convenient enough for elderly?
Fairly easy IMO. Quite similar to Innova.

Quote:
@Flying spur & Parsh-

How easy is it to get to last row of seats? Is it convenient enough for elderly?
Fairly easy IMO. Quite similar to Innova.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th August 2010 at 15:40.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Mee too liked the earlier design of spare wheel sticking to the back. Kind of looked robust and added to the identity of Safari.
Yeah, I agree, The spare wheel on the back door would have looked hot and made it look more like a SUV, but Maybe TATA wants safari to be the only MUV in its stable and hence the spare below the car.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:17   #210
Senior - BHPian

well, i feel we cannot conclude on the third row or boot usage. for some, the aria may be their family mover & so they may need that extra space at the third bench. for some others, probably a family of 5, the third seat may not be of much use. so they can simply remove it & use the vast boot on weekend trips.

so, i feel the best compromise is, like in innova & xylo, move the third bench backward so that its occupants can sit comfortably & make the third bench 50:50 foldable & also removable. that solves both the purpose.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks