Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:26   #316
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Tata Aria base version price if starts at 12 Lakhs which is Toyotoa Innova's Top end version price then obviously brand perception will play big role.

Tata Aria needs to offer more features at low prices to sell against Toyota Innova as a brand TATA is not matching with Toyota. Tata must be knowing Xylo didnot stop Innova sales due to Mahindra brand deficit against Toyota.

If TATA aims big volume of sales for Aria in India Pricing is Key. Aria's Featurers ought to be exceeding Innova at 20% low prices of Innova.
First of all, I dont think- from what I have read so far about Aria- that it is positioned in the same segment as innova. Innova is a pure MPV, Aria is a crossover with all wheel drive, and feature wise a lot more than even the top spec innova.

Actually I am just happy that an Indian company dared to go out of the "make a cheap product & compete on price" strategy.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:36   #317
BHPian

My take on all this price discussion.

TATA cars usually look very good specwise on paper and ARIA specs are simply fantastic in that sense. Ultimately it is the product that will have to do its own talking. I'm looking for two things in ARIA:

- Fit and finish of the product. (Will be known at launch)
- Minor/major niggles here and there. (Will be known only with time)

If these have been sorted out - I really don't care about the brand - be it TATA or Toyota or Mercedes and would take this product whole heartedly.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:08   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
This one is totally out of line.

If it is Tata, you should get a 25 lakh build quality in a 16 lakh car. If it is Toyota or Ford or Honda, then you are okay with a 8 lakh build quality in a 12 lakh car, is it?
not quite.

a. I am not buying a honda. not at current prices. and I do not appreciate toyota as far as their MUV pricing is concerned. ford has been reasonable in pricing dept. lately. e.g: figo.

b. Look at manza. It' actually a very good car when it rolls out of the showroom. and then see what happens after 6 months of running. I mean, from a superlative back seat ride to "ab kya bigda?" . And NVH has never been something to boast about.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:01   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
Build A Dream Car : Sign up - This is a teaser website hosted by Tata Motors to build your own Aria. Kind of flash game, having 5 levels - Chassis, Dashboard, Interior, Exterior, Engine and Special Feature. I finished the Chassis Level, but it got stuck, the page doesn't navigate to Dashboard.. How about you?
I have told this two days back and no one seems to have noticed it.
The dashboard level opened today only (and i have completed it)
The next level is two days away.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:03   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
My take on all this price discussion.

TATA cars usually look very good specwise on paper and ARIA specs are simply fantastic in that sense. Ultimately it is the product that will have to do its own talking. I'm looking for two things in ARIA:

- Fit and finish of the product. (Will be known at launch)
- Minor/major niggles here and there. (Will be known only with time)

If these have been sorted out - I really don't care about the brand - be it TATA or Toyota or Mercedes and would take this product whole heartedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
not quite.

a. I am not buying a honda. not at current prices. and I do not appreciate toyota as far as their MUV pricing is concerned. ford has been reasonable in pricing dept. lately. e.g: figo.

b. Look at manza. It' actually a very good car when it rolls out of the showroom. and then see what happens after 6 months of running. I mean, from a superlative back seat ride to "ab kya bigda?" . And NVH has never been something to boast about.

These exaggerated myths about un-reliable TATA is a thing of past.

Only guys who dont own a TATA talk such things.

The Manza is owned by many BHP'ians and all have give great reviews about it.

The Vista has taken the Indica brand to a different league alltogether.

The newer Safari's are so well refined.

Aria is a different genre of an automobile, with all the goodies thrown in (Which no other Indian manufacturer or even TOYOTA) could give for that price. We guys have always reason to crib.

The Aria must prove after its launch, so its better wait than comment.

Assembly | Profile | Logout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATAMOTORS.com
Build a dream car recognizes you as an
EXPERT IN ASSEMBLING DASHBOARD.
You are now qualified to move ahead to the next Level
You have earned 2075 Points | Why do I need Points?

NEXT LEVEL : Interiors WILL OPEN IN
3 DAYS.
We'll send you an email when it does. Things you can do in the meanwhile:
LOGBOOK
Make notes of your experience.TRAINING ROOM

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 23rd September 2010 at 17:20.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:18   #321
Senior - BHPian

The looks did not inspire.

Moreover, since the car is to be pitted a notch higher than the Innova, it is extremely important for a top notch fit & finish that seemed pretty lacking in the car.

Few queries:

1) High Speed stability
2) The comfort factor- rear seat
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:21   #322
BHPian

Tata Motors to launch Aria within a month, @ Rs 10 lakh

Tata Motors to launch Aria within a month, may price it Rs 10 lakh

Tata Motors to launch Aria within a month, may price it Rs 10 lakh - The Economic Times
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:32   #323
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic list of features, the only wish I have from this is reliability. If the Aria proves itself to be reliable, like the Toyotas I am sure it will do well.No one would want to spend 13-16L on a vehicle that has to be taken to the service station every few days, warranty replacements or not.

Come on Tata, just improve your reliability and tighten those quality checks and i am sure this will do well.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:45   #324
Senior - BHPian

^^^ +1 to that.

TATA has got everything right this time. the looks, the pricing & the feature list, everything except the third row legroom, but thats not a deal breaker anyways.

I seriously hope the Aria does not turn out to be just another TATA yet again. i wish they solve all the niggling issues before hand & launch a trouble free vehicle this time. also, since they are using the 2.2 engine from Safari, i hope its a bit more refined in this car.
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:13   #325
BHPian

me too.they connected me through facebook.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:46   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
Build A Dream Car : Sign up - This is a teaser website hosted by Tata Motors to build your own Aria. Kind of flash game, having 5 levels - Chassis, Dashboard, Interior, Exterior, Engine and Special Feature. I finished the Chassis Level, but it got stuck, the page doesn't navigate to Dashboard.. How about you?
It happened to me too. Just create a new log-in.

I see a lot of discussion going on regarding price and specs. I would wait for the details to be released officially before commenting.
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:28   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugwaar View Post
Interestingly, there's been a couple at our design HQ for months now
Possible to take some more pics? Maybe of the interiors? This one has the side cladding, but black rear-view mirrors and grille. Could be one of the earlier test vehicles.

Is October 11 confirmed to be the launch date? Anyone in Bangalore seen these in Concorde?
Old 24th September 2010, 16:06   #328
BHPian

Looks very very good on paper, but the nagging issues is what tata needs to work on. If they price it right, they may have a winner! May be if they offer 4 year’s, service holiday, that will give some assurance for the people spending 12-16 lacs!

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th September 2010 at 16:37. Reason: Removed tags
Old 25th September 2010, 21:44   #329
BHPian

The feature list and the Car as a whole looks brilliant on Paper!
Hope that Tata delivers.

Build a Dream Car is a nice promotional move by Tata.
Has anyone noticed that on Twitter, out of the five people that buildadreamcar is following, one is TeamBHPForum?
This shows that the Team-BHPian's opinion does matter to them.
Old 25th September 2010, 22:04   #330
BHPian

Saw a MH-04 registered Aria near Worli naka today morning, I guess TATA is making sure that the test drive vehicles are ready as well and there are no rattles , squeaks and niggles in them. Good effort I say to be prepared in such a way. Lets hope the product is as good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks