Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 01:46   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Possible to take some more pics? Maybe of the interiors? This one has the side cladding, but black rear-view mirrors and grille. Could be one of the earlier test vehicles.

Is October 11 confirmed to be the launch date? Anyone in Bangalore seen these in Concorde?
Yep saw it almost 2 weeks ago at the Concorde service center in Singasandra-Chik Begur Road. Had a ribbon / MH temp reg. plate etc.

When I asked if I could see it, I was told the vehicle is not yet launched and we do not have a piece. On pointing to the Maroon one over his shoulder, I drew a black stare with a Jack A$$ grin saying it has come for regular service from Mumbai.

Strange thing is.. the car looked like it was ready to be delivered to showrooms as a display vehicle.
Old 26th September 2010, 15:54   #332
BHPian

Saw a few Arias parked in concorde, noticed something new in the car so thought will take a few pictures . This one had side curtain airbags as well on the pillars. The badging does not look like the final one though, it seems it was just for temp identification. Hopefully it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-26092010300.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-26092010301.jpg  

Last edited by MihirC : 26th September 2010 at 16:05.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:00   #333
Senior - BHPian

That Prestige sticker doesn't convey a very prestigious feeling. Unnecessary cost-cutting, I'd say. Meanwhile, I've been seeing that Maroon Aria I drove running around quite frequently.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:19   #334
BHPian

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
That Prestige sticker doesn't convey a very prestigious feeling. Unnecessary cost-cutting, I'd say. Meanwhile, I've been seeing that Maroon Aria I drove running around quite frequently.
They said that the pricing would be between 12-16L. I dont know what kind of cost TATA is trying to do by putting on a sticker. Im hoping thats not the final badging. The regular silver coloured badging would hardly cost them 200 Rs per Aria. I really hope they dont have this sticker job on the sale models, such small things would mar the overall luxury /class appeal of a 16L car.
Old 26th September 2010, 18:57   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground1419 View Post
Yep saw it almost 2 weeks ago at the Concorde service center in Singasandra-Chik Begur Road. Had a ribbon / MH temp reg. plate etc.
Strange thing is.. the car looked like it was ready to be delivered to showrooms as a display vehicle.
Thanks

Quote:
That Prestige sticker doesn't convey a very prestigious feeling. Unnecessary cost-cutting, I'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
The regular silver coloured badging would hardly cost them 200 Rs per Aria. I really hope they dont have this sticker job on the sale models, such small things would mar the overall luxury /class appeal of a 16L car.

Seeing the amount of chrome they've already put on the exteriors (grille, badging all around, strip below the windows, strip above the rear number plate) and interiors of the car, I doubt they'll skip this one. But again, that's something Tata'll have to decide.

Some manufacturers do skimp on the most ridiculous things in the name of cost-cutting. Parts that wouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred retail, and much less in bulk (like the small LCD clock which is missing from the dashboard of the Accent Executive).
Old 26th September 2010, 23:07   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Some manufacturers do skimp on the most ridiculous things in the name of cost-cutting. Parts that wouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred retail, and much less in bulk (like the small LCD clock which is missing from the dashboard of the Accent Executive).
While you are right about some manufacturer's skimping on some really not-so-expensive stuff, I'm kind of caught in two minds about this.

On one hand I think that Rs.200 per car is an amount that adds up once volumes are significant, on the other hand, I think passing on that Rs200 to the customer might be an option.

In this particular case, like Flyingspur mentioned, the badge is important. Mainly because this is supposed to be Tata's premium offering. For any premium offering, externally visible badges need to be special.
Old 27th September 2010, 07:50   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That Prestige sticker doesn't convey a very prestigious feeling. Unnecessary cost-cutting, I'd say.
LOL, hope they put better looking badges for the products that reach the customer !

My hopeful guess is that the badges are not yet ready, and that odd sized sticker is just to help in quick identification within their company, until the real badges come on.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:32   #338
BHPian

The newer Safari's are so well refined.

There's one thing about TATA, they improve over time, which means unless they don't launch 3-4 versions of a vehicle, don't buy it!
Old 27th September 2010, 09:21   #339
Senior - BHPian

What's the difference between the VTVT in Safari and the Aria?
Old 27th September 2010, 09:28   #340
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, leave the sticker, whats with that exhaust? that oval chrome tipped exhaust looked so cool. i am shocked to see the actual puny exhaust tip inside it. how much will it take for it to get loose & start rattling?
Old 27th September 2010, 13:26   #341
Senior - BHPian

All exhaust trims are made to look a lot bigger than they really are, especially the ones that are implanted into the bumpers.

Its the same with every maker, where a closer inspection reveals a dissapointing exhaust hiding behind some kind of ornamental chrome plated shape. At least it looks impressive from far, especially with the engine sizes that are sold in India its best they are hidden.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:51   #342
BHPian

I was at Concorde in Bangalore on saturday to get my Indica serviced. Spoke to a sales executive about Aria and he said, Aria would cost between 12L for base model and 20L for top end. He said they are working a lot to keep the prices down and blamed it on Karnataka governments ridiculous road tax rates. The tax rates for cars above 10L on ex-showroom is 14% while for those above 20L is 17%.

What is the road tax in other states, Delhi seems to be the lowest at 4-6%.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:02   #343
BHPian

From the looks of it, I liked the Aria. In fact I saw one on the road the other day, and it looked nice in White. BUT, at 16+ lakhs, arent we slowly treading into the Captive & Endy territory?

From a product development point of view, I think this is a huge leap for Tata. Kudos to them for that
Old 27th September 2010, 22:23   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavalkar View Post
The newer Safari's are so well refined.

There's one thing about TATA, they improve over time, which means unless they don't launch 3-4 versions of a vehicle, don't buy it!
I found two TD vehicles at Tarapuram-Coimbatore road, both with black bumbers on front and back (non-body colored), which doesn't make sense for a vehicle which is in 10+ segment. For a higher segment cars, a cheaper variant should show that its cheap with black/grey bumpers, right?
Old 28th September 2010, 09:58   #345
BHPian

I definately definately saw a red Aria with WHITE number plate not a temp registration on Holkar bridge today morning around 8.30am ...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks