Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 12:14   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Well, saw the Aria in flesh yesterday at a Dealers Stockyard in Gurgaon, Looked good and spacious, Fit and finish is much better than the Tata norms.

the demo vehicle looked like a top end version, but the salesman indicated otherwise,

The space is good, the equipment levels were excellent, the interiors were in Dark Red and Black and exuded Luxury, However, the engine bay is cramped, almost half of that of a Safari, the Power window switches were flimsy,

The boot is far better as compared to Innova, it has loads of usable space, the tool kit is nicely packed and will not rattle even after years,

There are tons of storage space all around the vehicle, but the overheads ones are pretty small, and does not exudes confidence because of the build quality,
The price was confirmed around 15-16 on road in Gurgaon, which I feel is a bit on the higher side for the Tata nameplate, even with the equipment levels offered.
And how does that follow? A car with superb (one could even say - Unprecedented) levels of luxury, features, and standard equipment, with humungous amount of room, and yet priced a good (at least) five lakhs less than a car which is much smaller, and has as much (if not more) suspect A.S.S. as Tata (I'm talking about the Skoda Superb), is still priced "a bit on the higher side"?

Last edited by VeluM : 10th October 2010 at 12:22.
Old 10th October 2010, 14:23   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
The price was confirmed around 15-16 on road in Gurgaon, which I feel is a bit on the higher side for the Tata nameplate, even with the equipment levels offered.
I do not agree with your statement. Tata Aria is great example of Indian manufacturers stepping up and offering us world class products with best features and equipments.

Toyota Innova top end model retails at 12L ex showroom Bangalore. Innova offers far less features and is also underpowered compared to Xylo and Aria(guessing).
Aria is offering far more features and equipments than its competitors. I think the 12-16L price range for Aria is justified.
Old 10th October 2010, 14:28   #438
BHPian

Got mail from the Aria Team :Tata Aria on a Live Webcast 11th Oct @ 8PM on Tata Aria
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tataaria01.jpg  

Old 10th October 2010, 16:18   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks , @hashmi for the news.
I will be glue eyed to the computer tomorrow morning full.
Old 10th October 2010, 18:39   #440
Senior - BHPian

Facebook has turned out to be an awesome platform for awareness.Just checked out the Tata Aria page.Also links to a live webcast available.
Old 10th October 2010, 18:58   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Thanks , @hashmi for the news.
I will be glue eyed to the computer tomorrow morning full.
Its at 8:00 PM, in the night!!!
Old 10th October 2010, 19:43   #442
BHPian

As Per the last page of the e-brochure : "Aria Carries a warranty of 3 years or 100000* Kms. Insist on 1 Year/50000* Kms extended warranty option" (*Whichever is earlier)
Old 10th October 2010, 20:01   #443

Now all thats left is for TATA to get their *** act together.
I myself had a horrible experienceat the service station with my Indica Vista just yesterday!
Old 10th October 2010, 20:58   #444
BANNED

Like many of us, I too had a chance to see it in flesh on Saturday night at Prerana Motors, Agara Lake.

A few observations.
1. F&F is generations ahead of the Safari.
2. Looks much better in flesh than in pictures.
3. Too many sunglass holders on the roof. Will hamper in putting up a DVD screen and look overdone. Looks like someone at TATA went over the top on that thing.
4. Sound dampening better than the Safari.
5. 17"inchers look awesome.
6. I still prefer the Safari's seating position over the Aria. This is and seats people like an MUV/Crossover.

I wish the new Safari too is launched.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:12   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Its at 8:00 PM, in the night!!!
oops my bad
Didn't notice it,so have to endure one whole day for it, but what am looking forward to is to see the detailed TD in team-bhp!!!
And hope that fast forward one year hope to see a more base version (of course after Aria has consolidated the market) and also an A/T option too.
Old 11th October 2010, 07:53   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
And how does that follow? A car with superb (one could even say - Unprecedented) levels of luxury, features, and standard equipment, with humungous amount of room, and yet priced a good (at least) five lakhs less than a car which is much smaller, and has as much (if not more) suspect A.S.S. as Tata (I'm talking about the Skoda Superb), is still priced "a bit on the higher side"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I do not agree with your statement. Tata Aria is great example of Indian manufacturers stepping up and offering us world class products with best features and equipments.

Toyota Innova top end model retails at 12L ex showroom Bangalore. Innova offers far less features and is also underpowered compared to Xylo and Aria(guessing).
Aria is offering far more features and equipments than its competitors. I think the 12-16L price range for Aria is justified.

Maybe because, I am still not able to convince my mind to pay 16L for a Tata!!
Old 11th October 2010, 08:36   #447
BHPian

As per a news in Mumbai Mirror a Trailer ferrying cars for the big launch today has crashed into a height safety gauge at King circle - Matunga. The trailer has been confiscated by Police. TML persons are trying hard to get the 5 Aria's inside the trailer released.
Old 11th October 2010, 08:42   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
As per a news in Mumbai Mirror a Trailer ferrying cars for the big launch today has crashed into a height safety gauge at King circle - Matunga. The trailer has been confiscated by Police. TML persons are trying hard to get the 5 Aria's inside the trailer released.
And the height safety gauge is quite reasonably marked. I hope the driver wasn't drunk.
Old 11th October 2010, 08:44   #449
BHPian

Had a first look at the ARIA at Prerna Motors Bangalore, Opp HSR. Comparing it to my Innova.

Exteriors
- Looks better in flesh and in my opinion better than Innova. It looks thuggish and not like what you would expect from a MPV. Wheels look big and again adds to the rough tough look.
- Fit and finish looked good on par with Innova. The doors certainly close with a much more solid thud and its not easy to shut them casually.
- Significantly taller and looks bigger than Innova. Dont know how that will affect the handling. Also has much better road presence.

Interiors
- Black and dark reddish accents make it look more cramped than it is. I felt it has more space than the Innova.
- The dash looks classy with Land Roveish square look. Is pretty clean in layout of dials and knobs. On closer look the abundant use of plastic takes away some of the shine. Some wood would have helped. Maybe a lighter color will look better.
- Seats are comfortable and the driver and passenger seat handrests are nice. The leather gives a pretty nice feeling. Seats have less lateral support than in Innova.
- 2nd row bench is 60-40 split and most comfortable. Can be adjusted for back rest tilt and has loads of legroom. This felt the best place to be in the car, much like the Innova.
- 3 row seats are a pain to get to for tall people and short people for different reasons. There is not much space at the back and getting in over folded 2 row split requires a fair amount of planning. Short people will have difficulty getting over the seat with the already high entry. Tall people will have difficulty not banging their heads and untwisting their legs once they are there. I felt the Innova 3rd row was easier to use even though it is also somewhat cramped.
- Boot seemed more spacious than Innova, but not by much with innovative space utilization for tools etc.

Driving
- Driving position seemed higher and gives a SUV kind of feel.
- No test drive available. This will be the real test as the Innova is really nifty around town. I felt it will be difficult to keep up with.
- Engine should be better than Innova though the D4D really outshines its specs when it comes to usability.

Overall seems a very good effort by Tata continuing the good work on the Vista. I was told pricing is not available but 15-16 seems justified if the 4x4 and engine comes good.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:57   #450
BHPian

The confidence level increasing every day with all these posts. Hopefully the actual F2F experience meets up to that as well. Already prebooked Aria and waiting to check the live webcast launch today and TD further.
Just Off Topic, do you guys think that its worth checking Skoda Yeti as well as that is also expected very soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed