Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 10:21   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
As per a news in Mumbai Mirror a Trailer ferrying cars for the big launch today has crashed into a height safety gauge at King circle - Matunga. The trailer has been confiscated by Police. TML persons are trying hard to get the 5 Aria's inside the trailer released.
Trailer ferrying cars for big launch crashes into bridge at King?s Circle, News - City - Mumbai Mirror

Quote:
Around 12.40 am, the trailer which had left Tata Motors’ plant in Pimpri, Chinchwad, and was heading for the Tata office in Mumbai, lost balance and collided with the pole supporting the railway bridge near King’s Circle.

“The trailer driver Mohammad Rizwan Mohammad Altaf Hussain Shaikh, 25, lost control and hit the safety and height gauge of the railway bridge,” said Sub-Inspector Trimbak Bangar of Wadala TT, RPF. He added, “We arrested the driver who managed to get bail on Sunday, but the request to release the brand new cars is pending. The matter will be heard on Monday at the railway court at CST.

In court on Sunday, a lawyer representing Tata Motors’ had argued that the confiscated cars were meant for display at today’s conference for which they have invited media from across the world, and hence requested immediate release of the cars. However, a Tata Motors’ spokesperson said, “Five cars will not make a difference. We can always call for more from our plant.” He did not have details about the police seizing the trailer.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:59   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Maybe because, I am still not able to convince my mind to pay 16L for a Tata!!
I hope that with time the "ARIA will help your mind convince you" that even at 12L - 16L it is VFM and a good deal

I guess over time everyone will start looking at cars from Indian manufacturers like TML and M&M objectively and understand that they offer more bang for the buck.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:02   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Already prebooked Aria and waiting to check the live webcast launch today and TD further.
Wow! Is the Pre-booking for a TD or to actually purchase the car? Good for you either way. Let us know your impression of it after the TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Just Off Topic, do you guys think that its worth checking Skoda Yeti as well as that is also expected very soon.
If I'm not mistaken, the Yeti would fall into a different class of vehicle. If you are asking if it is a good alternative to the Aria, then it probably depends more on your usage, requirements and budget. It's a Skoda, so will be built well, overpriced and probably be supported by shockingly bad A.S.S
Old 11th October 2010, 14:27   #454
BHPian

Saw the ARIA couple of hours back in the showroom. The fit 'n finish shows a massive jump for a TATA and I think TATA is now "almost" there as compared to other cars in the segment it is targeting. By next iteration/generation I'm sure TATA should be at par with the international standards and fit/finish issues should be a thing of past.

Space wise it felt somewhat cozier than Innova but only marginally. Choice of dark colors adds to that perception. However I like the quality of seats. Could not do a test drive as the car is not available for TD right now. I'm hopeful for a TD later this week. What I also like is the use of soft feel plastics/rubber at many places. Overall I can consider this car for my Innova replacement if the TD impressions are good.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:03   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Saw the ARIA couple of hours back in the showroom. The fit 'n finish shows a massive jump for a TATA and I think TATA is now "almost" there as compared to other cars in the segment it is targeting. By next iteration/generation I'm sure TATA should be at par with the international standards and fit/finish issues should be a thing of past.

Space wise it felt somewhat cozier than Innova but only marginally. Choice of dark colors adds to that perception. However I like the quality of seats. Could not do a test drive as the car is not available for TD right now. I'm hopeful for a TD later this week. What I also like is the use of soft feel plastics/rubber at many places. Overall I can consider this car for my Innova replacement if the TD impressions are good.
And the price, would you consider paying 15-16 lakhs ie close to 5-6 lakhs over and above the Innova.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:08   #456
BHPian

I have the pdf brochure but it's 4.5 MB. Pretty impressive. Now to see the product in flesh
Old 11th October 2010, 16:16   #457
Senior - BHPian

Tata Aria Features:
In dash GPS based navigation – only car in India
Flexible seating
Muscle SUV
2.2 Dicor 140ps 320nm torque
Double mass flywheel for reduced vibrations
New gearbox mark 2
Torque on demand – all wheel drive
Goodyear tyres 235/65 R17

Source : Launch: Tata Aria Exclusive Details & Pictures Are Out | Burn Your Fuel | Indian Automobile News | Motorcycle News India | Cars News India

The two tone interiors are available in three color options – Black/Plum (shown below), Black/Black and Black/Beige.

Tata Aria’s Infotainment system to feature 2 Din Integrated music system with aux-in, with Tata Blue Connect and USB, Voice dialing, Reverse park assist sensors/camera, Speed sensing volume control, Navigation system capable

The Tata Aria will feature Honda Civic style ‘Butterfly Wipers’

The 4×4 AWD will be standard across all the three variants – Pleasure, Pride and Prestige

The Tata Aria will be available in eight colours – Castle Grey, Artic Silver, Walnut Gold, Sardina Red, Quartz Black, Pearl White (our test car, road test coming soon), Surf Blue, Night Black

The Tata Aria will be sold via 69 dealerships in 25 cities

Source : 2011 Tata Aria 2.2 DICOR Adapterra launched in India
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-img_8482.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-img_8483.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-img_8486.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-img_8487.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-img_8489.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-img_8490.jpg  

Last edited by fz_rider : 11th October 2010 at 16:22.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2010, 16:39   #458
ajai_dev

For a car as long and wide as the Aria it has a terrific driving position, which is a key ingredient in getting this big brute to handle.
PERFORMANCE

The first thing that strikes you about the vehicle is the way the engine fires into life and the rock solid nature of the machine with hardly any rocking on start-up or slight vibes. This is a trait which continues right through when on the move. Overall the strides taken in reducing NVH are manifest in the feel you get all through the drive experience. Even though the max torque is supposed to be delivered between 1700 to 2700rpm, everything only starts to happen from around 2000rpm onwards and from there on the Aria is a thundering performer ? relative to its size and weight. Driving through the gears is all about keeping it in the rev band above 2000rpm and it is only in this mode that she delivers otherwise one has to constantly resort to downshifts and this can play havoc with the fuel efficiency.

Tata Aria: Versatile Performer - News - ZigWheels

Translating the stylish look and the compact lithe lines of the Indiva prototype seen at Geneva some four years ago to that of the production signed Aria, one can see that the car has grown but overall it has kept its lines intact and in fact grown a bit more in your face to present a rugged don?t mess with me kind of attitude
EXTERIORS

Tata Aria: Design & Style -News - ZigWheels

A powerful four cylinder engine, a solid new chassis, double wishbone front suspensions, larger wheels and the latest in safety features makes the Tata Aria a technology laden MPV of the future
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION

As already mentioned the Aria employs a body on frame construction and given the fact that previous Tata products have always sported a very good balance between ride quality and stale handling, the overall configuration veers towards this aspect itself. First off is the new chassis which employs many frame members constructed using the hydroform manufacturing process. The vehicle sports a long 2850mm wheelbase and the vehicle has been tuned to employ 17-inch or 18-inch wheels depending on the market it is earmarked for. A double wishbone front suspension set-up is employed while the rear features a 5-link unit operating with separate coils and shock absorbers. Overall ride centre heights have been optimally configured on the Aria, with the result that the chassis better handles body roll characteristics while yet delivering a very comfortable ride.

http://www.zigwheels.com/News/Tata-A...y_20101011-1-2

------------------------------------------------------------

I had posted this as a separate thread but was deleted the reason being it was not original and was copy paste but i feel this is very important review since its 4hrs ahead of the launch and see the price quoted 12-14Lac
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-versatile_1.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-versatile_2.jpg  

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-ariaexterior_5.jpg  

Last edited by ajai_dev : 11th October 2010 at 16:41.

Old 11th October 2010, 16:52   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
And the price, would you consider paying 15-16 lakhs ie close to 5-6 lakhs over and above the Innova.
Of course. I see no issues with the price if the reliability is decent. Overall I find it quite VFM proposition. However I'll wait for the final decision until a TD is done and people report back their experience in 3-4 months. Santa-Fe is also on my radar (I know it is costlier) but Aria looks quite Ok so far for the price and expected usage and hence this consideration.
Old 11th October 2010, 17:29   #460
BHPian

Very impressive overall. Dash can be better. I wonder what it is with Tata's and the blue lettering. It is very irritating and hard to read. I would have preferred black/amber or white/blue
Old 11th October 2010, 19:04   #461
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th October 2010 at 20:17. Reason: See Moderator note in post.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:03   #462
BHPian

Launch now live at:

Tata Aria Webcast
Old 11th October 2010, 20:32   #463
BHPian

And the price is (as heard in the webcast):

ex-Delhi Showroom
15.5 Lacs
14.3 Lacs
12.91 Lacs

Souvik
Old 11th October 2010, 20:40   #464
BHPian

It is really ironical that a German had to remind the Indian Audience that a young and completely Indian team of engineers developed this world class product, and WE INDIANS SHOULD BE PROUD IF IT.

So are we going to move beyond doubting ourself and take pride in what this young team of engineer have developed and and questioning the wisdom of pricing this 'Indian' product at these levels despite the fact it contains features and quality that we have been asking for all these years......

They have delivered, it is good product and it will cost more. It is sad when we ourself state that this being Indian product it shouldn't cost more..

</rant>

Last edited by anmol2k4 : 11th October 2010 at 20:44.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:41   #465
BHPian

Tata Aria Test Drive & Review on Auto Car IndiaTata Aria test drive and review | Autocar India

Prices as per Auto Car :
Tata Aria Prices (ex-showroom Delhi)
Aria Pride 15.5 Lakh
Aria Prestige 14.5 Lakh
Aria Pleasure 12.9 Lakh

Toyota Innova Prices (ex-showroom Delhi)
EV (8 Seater) 8,25,469 (Manual steering)
EV (7 Seater) 8,29,537 (Manual steering)
EV (8 Seater) 8,75,892 (PS)
EV (7 Seater) 8,79,960 (PS)
G (8 Seater) 9,38,813 (AC)
GX (7 Seater) 10,32,853
GX (8 Seater) 10,36,921
VX (7 Seater) 12,03,695
VX (8 Seater) 12,07,763
Closed Thread

Most Viewed