Old 11th October 2010, 20:44   #466
Senior - BHPian

From the Aria website: Prices for New Delhi - ex-showroom
Pleasure 4X4 BS IV Fabric Rs 1290901

Prestige 4X4 BS IV Fabric Rs 1413001
Leather Rs 1450001

Pride 4X4 BS IV Leather Rs 1550000

Prices are up for all cities now.

Last edited by discoverwild : 11th October 2010 at 20:45.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2010, 20:50   #467
Senior - BHPian

It was a pretty neat webcast. Quick and short and to the point.

The website (www.tataaria.com) is now updated with all features, prices across states.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:52   #468
Senior - BHPian

Just as per expectations. Not surprised at all. But astonishing techno wizardry and equipment for the prices. Lets see how public perceives it.

now where is the review, as promised here?

http://www.facebook.com/teambhp

Last edited by sidindica : 11th October 2010 at 21:02.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:52   #469
RVG

Proud Feeling : Tata Aria Launch

Just saw it on live webcast. The launch show was thrilling. The way they told advantages of sedan and SUV in Araia was really good. Looking at the features that Aria is going to provide, i think prices are exact match for indian customers. I am really starting to save some lakhs to own this cross over one day! Thanks tata.

RVG

Last edited by RVG : 11th October 2010 at 21:01. Reason: Spelling of aria corrected
Old 11th October 2010, 20:57   #470
Senior - BHPian

Rightly said, Sidindica.

No other car/SUV/MPV provides this kind of technology at this price.

The Tafe Access showroom in Coimbatore was witnessing a lot of activity late in the afternoon today, though the Aria was yet to be unveiled there. Hopefully, there is a sparkling new Aria in the morning.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:58   #471
BHPian

If you look at the comments flowing in on the NDTV CnB FB page, its full of negativity. Everyone wanted it to be between 6-9 lac and no one will buy it etc. How good or bad is CnB page, is a matter of separate discussion.
My take on it is, if my budget allows me to buy a car in this price range, I would go for it. The amount of testing it has undergone, the features, the improvements, and the reviews of the people who have seen it, and very few who have driven it, will make me bet on it.

And if i don't have the money to spend on this, I would go buy a Safari
Old 11th October 2010, 21:01   #472
BHPian

The price ofcousre will be little difficult to digest initially but soon it will be considered as VFM.
All the best for TATA for a bold move..

Old 11th October 2010, 21:04   #473
Senior - BHPian

The base Ex price in Mumbai Rs 13,18,115/- compared to Innova's top end VX Ex Mumbai of Rs 12,14,728/-. Thats Rs 1L more.

Innova will keep its own market irrespective of features packed into Aria's base, unless people can really stretch. Also, considering the Innova GX being most popularly sold, the difference and markets seem to become distinctively different, added to that the Quality of Toyota. As suspected, Aria clearly positioned and competing with the higher end SUV/MUVs.

But hats off to Tata for producing such a magnificent vehicle at this price. Superb webcast too. Hope the TD and on-road feedback from customers proves its worthiness.

Last edited by parsh : 11th October 2010 at 21:06.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:05   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I have the pdf brochure but it's 4.5 MB. Pretty impressive. Now to see the product in flesh
The 24-page e-brochure download link:
http://www.tataaria.com/beta/download
Old 11th October 2010, 21:06   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
It is really ironical that a German had to remind the Indian Audience that a young and completely Indian team of engineers developed this world class product, and WE INDIANS SHOULD BE PROUD IF IT.

So are we going to move beyond doubting ourself and take pride in what this young team of engineer have developed and and questioning the wisdom of pricing this 'Indian' product at these levels despite the fact it contains features and quality that we have been asking for all these years......

They have delivered, it is good product and it will cost more. It is sad when we ourself state that this being Indian product it shouldn't cost more..

</rant>
+1 Anmol,
We often have been a bit harsh in receiving our own brands. After all if I am to summarize the host of features in the "wishlist" of we TBHP'ians, Aria covers a whole lot of them if not all. And for sure it comes at a price. I know Indian manufacturers haven't been picture perfect in their offerings, but so haven't been others. How many times have we discussed the Skodas, Fiats, Nissans for the blunders that they often do. And I take these examples as they are all premium offerings (minus Fiat may be). The VFM segment is better not discussed for these brands.

So I think TML has taken a big leap forward. And as far as pricing is concerned, royalty does come at a premium. We have long grown up from the M800 era, today people talk of buying Rs. 10+ Lac cars and so is the offering.

Well I see Aria as a great VFM with what it offers, AWD, Airbags, ABS etc standard across all segments is what we are talking of, thats giving importance to the utmost neccessities of a car today.

Well I welcome Aria and kudos to TML for this effort.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:13   #476
Senior - BHPian

Another landmark release by the house of TATA's. And at a killer price.

Definitely a game changer. Now, I am sure the remaining crowd will play catch-up.

But all said and done, the sales figures will be the final verdict.

All the best to the TATA's.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:14   #477
Senior - BHPian

I must say excellent work from Tata motors! The car is very impressive and is only going to improve. A feature list that compares well with 25 lakh cars, space, comfort, safety etc.. Quite brilliant. I'm sure they are gonna improve the product in the coming year or two based on feedback from various markets. Think of it, people buying a VW Jetta/Laura TDi/Sonata CRDi/Cruze have this as an option now and it has more features/space etc than any of them! I would rather think it is excellent pricing.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:19   #478
BHPian

I really think we have been forever talking about the Aria as an Innova-killer, but the pricing makes it very clear - it is not going to kill the Innova. So, then what was it meant to kill if at all? CRV, Captiva, Fortuner? Now, I think we should really start comparing the Aria against these and make a choice if we would settle to buy the Aria if one were looking for a vehicle in that price bracket.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:20   #479
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure this is the wisest decision Tata has made... I mean someone has got their story wrong this product. Why?

A) Tata's are associated with *vfm* or *light* on the pocket cars
B) Tata's are known for their frugal engineering
C) A 10 lakh+ category buyer not *often* considers Tata
D) There is a niggling quality problem *conception* about Tata
E) So they came out with a lifestyle product that costs more than Toyota, 12 lakh plus, understand it gives gizmos, technology and what not..... But WHY O WHY did it have to look like an MUV (VAN)

If it was a new SUV platform, with same features, butch looks and same price, I could have agreed. You would have a cheapter Captiva, Fortunner alternative.

But now it just leaves you confused, you have a costlier than competition VAN with more SUV like features??? Any takes??? Not me and time will tell.

Mahindra for one have gone the SUV route with their world SUV product.

Last edited by aseem : 11th October 2010 at 21:21.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:20   #480
ajai_dev

More expensive than i would have liked, i was thinking of the Pleasure version of the car but for that price i would rather get some thing else.

But still i'll try and get a test drive of the car sadly the website does not list Himachal Pradesh so that either means no immediate availability "No TD in that case" or HP does not exist.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks