Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 22:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Why do i get the feeling the design of these decals is a direct rip off from the vinyl list of EA sports NEED FOR SPEED underground 2 game ? Didn't they get any other source of inspiration ?
Direct rip offs from NFS UG2 and NFS MW! Some of them are outright silly but a couple of them look pretty good (they look just awesome on a Skyine in NFS though!)
Old 21st September 2010, 22:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Somebody please, please do me a favour... find out whose brain-child this was, and take him to a psychiatrist.
Old 21st September 2010, 22:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome performance modifications from Maruti- I am sure they have ARAI certified figures of 25 bhp gain per sticker.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

perfect for dilli roads, protection from scratches.

A-star to mar uthi.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:44   #20
BHPian

Yikes! What's with Maruti? India's largest car manufacturer, instead of owning up to a product failure, comes up with the most immature response possible.

More than who designed this, I am surprised it went through management approval? What were they thinking?
Old 21st September 2010, 23:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Whats is this, an appeal to the youngsters? Throw in a company fitted FFE and loud at that and, you never know, it will sell in good numbers. I liked the white and orange flame combination. Very Atos-ish.
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:30   #22
BHPian

Im going to have nightmares looking at those cars.

Have to visit a shrink soon to get those ghastly creations out of my head!
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:38   #23
BHPian

Never had any particular liking for A-Star! The amby style headlights and crrrramppped rear, did not inspire a bit. And after driving it for two days, the score went way down to the earth's core! Except the engine everything else is crap!

Now, 16 decals are .. 16 nails they are hitting themselves! yikes...
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Time for Maruti to fire some marketing execs? Who comes up with these stupid ideas anyway?
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:56   #25
BHPian

Instead of having such body wrapes, one would rather want to register their car with the "CashurDrive" and get some serious money :-)
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Its not bad to have options. I know some people would surely go in for these body graphics. I would have liked some more safer options too as I think that they are a bit loud for most folks around. The ultra conservatives always have the choice of plain colors.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:47   #27
BHPian

These stickers can be used as a cheaper option to hid scratches and minor dents. I think Maruti is walking on HeroHonda’s footsteps.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well since they are optional accessories, I see nothing wrong. I would like to see one on the streets though. Who else but Maruti could do such a thing?
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Well since they are optional accessories, I see nothing wrong. I would like to see one on the streets though. Who else but Maruti could do such a thing?

Shiva -- + 1 to you. People are crying here as if they have to buy these designs or else Maruti will not sell the cars to them !

These trends are always set by someone and whoever comes later spices it up and makes it better and customers get lot more options. So I always welcome some moves.

I like some of the designs anyway. Would I want this on my car if I had an A-Star ?! Well -- once i see it in person on a car [complete design on all sides + front & back] and if it goes well with the car, YES !

For those who are worrying about the families who are going to buy this -- I don't think this is aimed at the family people. With such cramped rear, no family guys would prefer this car.

And guys! this is an option -- whoever wants to buy A-star can have it without the stickers also. Just because Maruti introduced these, the sales will not take a hit; may be it will not help to boost sales.

I am sure there will be some college guys / girls who would definitely like to have some of these designs flaunted on their cars -- If I were a college student now and I had all the moolah for doing such things, I definitely would have done something of this sort.

PS: I have a swift and have some graphics on it -- I am working in an MNC - not a college student.

I hope I am not seeing all these negative reviews just because GTO doesn't like it and no one wants to contradict

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd September 2010 at 11:29.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:23   #30
BHPian

Well, at least I would be less worried about scratches with these stickers !!

I liked the last but one.

Put one of those cars in the showroom and you never know : it might catch some attention.

With many out there who want to "look different" in whatever they do : some of these might actually sell !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks