Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 23:30   #31
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhas View Post
Something which I noticed in the Optra Magnum advertisment : In last month's ad it was mentioned "Offer till 30th Sep" ; But now its "Prices valid till Stocks Last" !
I think it clearly shows GM is phasing out this model soon and clearing up its inventory ! Would it still be a good buy ?
This is a clear indication of GM shutting down the model. The whole day today, i was being chauffeured around in a Magnum, which is about 1 year old. The ride was harsh and the car's rear suspension bottomed out very often. Road noise was very audible. Other than its great engine, i was not a bit impressed.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
It costs a lil more in Chennai - Are you talking about the LS?
No its an LT model, as i would never buy magnum without ABS.
Old 27th October 2010, 17:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
I still think that a at this price optra 2.0 tdci is a better purchase than a verna or fiesta or even better than linea.

as if after 5 years and 1L of running any of the above mentioned cars will give a good resale
Yes..None of the cars except for INNOVA have good resale value after 5 years and doin 1L Kms".. So why bother about selling it later..
Old 28th October 2010, 17:39   #34
BHPian

Hope brraj picks up one soon;

and yes it is an excellent buy but if you wish to own it for 5 years + and not if you wanna change in say 2 to 3 years like me
Old 29th October 2010, 10:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Hope brraj picks up one soon;

and yes it is an excellent buy but if you wish to own it for 5 years + and not if you wanna change in say 2 to 3 years like me
+1 to that. This is definitely a car to be held for 5+ years mainly because of Its comfort, excellent engine and a bad resale value.
I got the LT variant last year same time for 10.6 on road in Bangalore.
Old 25th November 2010, 14:54   #36
BHPian

From your avatar, looks like you bought one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
No its an LT model, as i would never buy magnum without ABS.
Old 25th November 2010, 20:35   #37
BHPian

TRUE !!! - GM has slashed priced quite heavily. In Bangalore, the On road price of magnum LT was 12.15 Lacs and now it's hovering around 11.4 lacs. Also, the new edition of LT comes with ACC and alloys with leather upholstery. All for 11.4 Lacs !!!

Though Magnum has everything what an average buyer would need, the mere market perception killed it. The pricing was not an issue at all since a 2 liter stellar of an Engine (TDCi) producing 119 bhp with Class topping Torque would command that price. Bad marketing, poor a.s.s image killed it even before it was born.
GM is doing a great job with marketing in the last 2-3 years after introducing Spark but Magnum was already buried by then.
Old 26th November 2010, 08:59   #38
BHPian

Magnum LT is being sold for <10.5L OTR Bengalooru until stocks last!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
TRUE !!! - GM has slashed priced quite heavily. In Bangalore, the On road price of magnum LT was 12.15 Lacs and now it's hovering around 11.4 lacs. Also, the new edition of LT comes with ACC and alloys with leather upholstery. All for 11.4 Lacs !!!
Quote:
On road price of Magnum LT tcdi in Bangalore is 10.35lkh. Tempting.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:15   #39
BHPian

@AirWind - Yes bought one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Magnum LT is being sold for <10.5L OTR Bengalooru until stocks last!!!
Well the sale was in october. When my friend enquired they insisted for 10.95lkhs, after 2 days they called and asked for last price of 10.5lkhs and later they agreed for 10.35lkhs. But my friend didnt buy as he wants to buy it in december with still more discounts.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:33   #40
BHPian

I got a quote for 10.10 lakhs on road for the Magnum LT in Cochin from Geeyem Motors. It is 38K less than what they had quoted last month. I was told that the prices would bounce back to the original level come January. I am all the more tempted to get the Magnum now.
Old 26th November 2010, 14:38   #41
BHPian

Edit: breakup 910 ex + 140 tax + 36K insure + 5.7K handling + 1.5 std fit

Congrats buddy... enjoy the torque!

You know, the price you mentioned weakens my knee... Kropex just quoted me 10.92L OTR, will send me a breakup in 5 min. I'm also thinking mid Dec would be a good time to book one or use this rates to negotiate a good deal on pre-owned.

Quote:

Well the sale was in october. When my friend enquired they insisted for 10.95lkhs, after 2 days they called and asked for last price of 10.5lkhs and later they agreed for 10.35lkhs. But my friend didnt buy as he wants to buy it in december with still more discounts.

Last edited by AirWind : 26th November 2010 at 14:45. Reason: added the breakup
Old 28th November 2010, 20:10   #42
BHPian

A qn for the guys who bought the Magnum - Does the price of 10.35 / 10.5L (OTR Bangalore) include the service coupons for 3 years? (guess it is around 25K) - Or did you have to shell that out extra?
Old 29th November 2010, 08:29   #43
BHPian

Guys - While replying, pls also quote the dealer and contacts to avail this offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
A qn for the guys who bought the Magnum - Does the price of 10.35 / 10.5L (OTR Bangalore) include the service coupons for 3 years? (guess it is around 25K) - Or did you have to shell that out extra?
Old 29th November 2010, 14:43   #44
BHPian

@ basilmabraham - What is the breakup of 10.1 OTR?

@ brraj - does buying in bulk help?

Quote:
my friend didnt buy as he wants to buy it in december with still more discounts[/b].

Last edited by AirWind : 29th November 2010 at 14:52.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:

@10.35L, I dont think there is any sedan that comes with this much value. With minor cosmetic changes (Not like that of Verna) and a more aggressive sales campaign, I believe Magnum will get the buyers queued up.

Most Viewed