Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:42   #271
BHPian

Improvements have been made to the rear and it looks better now, looks a lot more like i20 now from the rear. The front end, well I did not like it that much. The interiors are a welcome change from beige as it used to get dirty very fast and had maintenance issues. But the one of the major selling points for i10 were the refreshing beige interiors, atleast when the vehicle is new.
Interesting to see the customer response for this one!!!
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:44   #272
BHPian

@Sidindica: Awesome!

Really cool features added. Waiting for the pricing to be announced. This looks really better than the current generation.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:45   #273
BHPian

The most imp upgrade is the dash board color. I think now this color bord will not reflect much.

New Fog lamp design is excellent.
Cool Blue illumination..
Reverse parking sensor is a godd idea. But is it really necessary for i10??
Driver seat height adjustment is a nice feature to have.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:47   #274

The New i10 has surely got some interesting features !
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:49   #275
Senior - BHPian

The car looks more mature and aggressive now.
The feature list is impressive and definitely a welcome move by Hyundai.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:53   #276
BHPian

The i10 facelift definitely looks impressive. I like especially the heated ORVM's. It will be quite useful during rains.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:04   #277
Senior - BHPian

The variants are now as follows

1.1 irde 2 manual transmission
  • d-lite
  • era
  • magna
1.2 kappa 2 vtvt manual transmission
  • magna
  • sportz
  • sportz option with driver airbag
  • asta with abs and dual airbags
1.2 kappa 2 vtvt automatic transmission
  • sportz
  • asta with abs and airbags
  • asta with sunroof
Key points
  • automatic is available in only 2 variants and sportz automatic does not have any ABS or airbags, which asta AT has.
  • sunroof, which was earlier standard on asta AT, is now optional.
  • asta manual now DOES NOT come with sunroof option.
  • ONLY manual transmission equipped 1.2 kappa has a sportz optional with driver airbag.
  • only the 1.2 variants get turn indicator on OSRVM
  • electrically adjustable mirrors are standard on ALL 1.2 variants.
  • heated OSRVM are standard ON ALL 1.2 sportz and asta variants.
  • audio is standard on sportz and asta, only sportz optional and asta get bluetooth and steering mounted ausio controls.
  • 1.1 irde 2 gets a 2 hp increase. kappa 2 gets vtvt but power and torque figures remain the same.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:20   #278
BHPian

Looks much better that the previous version. Used to hate the way it looked from the front earlier. Should do even better now with better looks and ofcourse a new engine. Plus I am very impressed with the ABS and airbags being offered in a segment lower than the i20. I dont think any of the competition from the MAruti stable offers the same. Maruti Suzuki better watch out!

Last edited by sarmarishi : 23rd September 2010 at 14:23.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:21   #279
BHPian

What is the price?

A very important question Sid, what is the price? And with addition of variable valve timing, do you have any numbers for the fuel consumption?

Nikhil
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:21   #280
Senior - BHPian

Heated mirrors are a boon during the monsoons. If I am not mistaken - this (alongwith gear shift indicator) is a segment first! (Is it possible to add heated + elctrically adjusatble ORVMS to current gen i10?)
The seat height adjustor is also becoming a standard equipment now. Good that they added it.
Bluetooth / steering controls / USB / electrically adjustable orvms - nice to have features.

Hope they price this one suitabley. This i10 has the possiblity to become segment leader with all the gizmos.

Last edited by blackasta : 23rd September 2010 at 14:26.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:21   #281
BHPian

is that brown in the dash same as in i20?

The dark colour at the back-side of the front seats is good, earlier beige used to look bad due to shoemarks of rear seat passengers.
Gear change indicator in all variants and tacho too in all variants.

Last edited by Daewood : 23rd September 2010 at 14:24.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:26   #282
BHPian

Just read an article on The Economic Time site quoting the pricing - Interesting and very attractive introductory pricing that spans across the spectrum. Looks like Hyundai wants to attract all prospective Beat, Figo, Ritz and Polo buyers to the i10. Smart move, with the Diwali season just around the corner.

Hyundai re-launches i10 at Rs 3.48L-Rs 5.91L

Hyundai Motor India on Thursday introduced a new version of its compact car i10, offered at an introductory price of Rs 3.48 lakh to Rs 5.91 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The new car, 'Next Gen i10', which made its global debut here today, will be replacing the existing i10.

"We have further boosted the design element and packed the car with safety and comfort related technological innovation...and we believe this will set new benchmark in this segment," Hyundai Motor India Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer H W Park told reporters here.

The Next Gen i10 will be available in two petrol engine variants of 1.1l and 1.2l. While, the 1.1l has a mileage of 19.81 km per litre, 1.2l engine will deliver a fuel economy of 20.36 km per litre, the company claimed.

Slide show with an introduction to the new features is available on this page: Check out bold new avatar of Hyundai i10 - Pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times

Mods: Please merge this with the following thread if it is the right place for this article.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/84456-hyundai-i10-facelift-edit-pic-page-7-a.html

Last edited by ukamath : 23rd September 2010 at 14:29. Reason: Qouted the wrong source - TOI instead of ET
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:27   #283
BHPian

Just called up Nimbus Hyundai in Sector 5, Noida. They said the car will be available in the showroom tomorrow. I asked for a TD, and they said it should be available within the next week. I enquired about the price and the SA said that Hyundai's hiking the price by about 5-7K for the 1.2 Magna variant.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:27   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Heated mirrors are a boon during the monsoons. If I am not mistaken - this is a segment first!
It is not, if the Fabia and the i10 are in the same segment. (C)

I doubt if the new Fabia has it though! Skoda has already stripped off the rear demister, cooled glovebox, etc.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:33   #285
BHPian

I personally preferred the beige color of the dashboard. Seemed to meld with the beige color trim of the doors. As for the FE, in pic 3, the FE is stated to be 20.36 kmpl... does that make it #1 again? Is the folding key a new feature too?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed