Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 11:59   #361
BHPian

See the review at Hyundai i10 Road Test | Hyundai i10 First Drive | CarDekho.com

Cheers
Old 25th September 2010, 12:21   #362
Senior - BHPian

Can we expect a full fledged t-bhp test-drive review?

Cheers!
Old 25th September 2010, 16:29   #363
Senior - BHPian

The new i10 shall be formally launched in Kolkata today.
I caught a few pics of the new magna today when I went in to enquire about my car's warranty repair/replacement status.

Dark silver central console

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010001.jpg

beige + grey = brey dashboard - looks great!

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010.jpg

chrome finish door open handle + lock - don't like them too much. You can also see the electronic mirror controls.

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010002.jpg

New ORVM shape + size, plus the indicators on ORVM.

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010003.jpg

Aggressive front end

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010004.jpg

Short antenna. I am planning to switch mine for this one.

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010005.jpg

Kappa2 badging on left side, with VTVT badging on right. No indicators on front quarter panel.

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-25092010006.jpg

Last edited by blackasta : 25th September 2010 at 16:37.
Old 25th September 2010, 16:38   #364
Senior - BHPian

This upgrade to VTVT by Hyundai for the Kappa motor is a good change, as in almost all of the reviews (by Auto-Mags) that the drivability of the car has improved. I liked the new look exteriors as I somehow feel that the car appears bigger, especially from the rear & professional from the front (as the old front end was like a ugly frog to few). The change of interiors from Beige to Brey (darker shade of Beige + Grey) has made the interiors look much appealing in Indian conditions.
The mileage figures have reached to another level (for the irde 1.1L as well, which boasts of 3-pot rivalling FE).

I wish the ride was as good as Ritz (its true competitor), which has the plus of good engine apart from better handling, though it is also said that the ride has become better than earlier.

I think Sid (blackasta)'s got better tyres on his car. Does it contribte to better handling & ride on the car?
If yes, then I reckon another add another Rs.25-30K & the car is better than stock one.

We have two Santros, & one with better rubber (Yokos) & alloys has much better ride & handling than the one with stock tyres.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 25th September 2010 at 16:40.
Old 25th September 2010, 16:44   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I think Sid (blackasta)'s got better tyres on his car. Does it contribte to better handling & ride on the car?
If yes, then I reckon another add another Rs.25-30K & the car is better than stock one.
I do not have any complaints WRT handling, but switching to lower profile tires makes the ride a little stiff. I can feel every stonechip on the road (for me that is good as I feel confident and connected to the car in that way).
Couple of days back I had to make a sudden lane change to avoid a road divider painting party (the I was faster than the amby before me who suddenly swerved out to reveal the lane blocked. sudden lane change @ 45 kmph had NO side to side rocking effect.

i10 definitely requires an upgrade to 175/70R13 or 185/60R14 to feel more stable on the road.

Last edited by blackasta : 25th September 2010 at 16:45.
Old 25th September 2010, 17:31   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
@Dieselite: Could you provide information on which Dealer you are going to? I went to Kothari before the launch (last week) and booked Sportz A/T with old pricing. He ensured (written on the contract) that he will ensure price protection (no discounts though). Do you the on-road price for the new Sprortz A/T in PMC limits?
And by the way, all dealers charge the "other charges" and they are pretty much same across the board (about 4.5K).

It is Kothari Hyundai Tilak Road ! I've booked the car a month and a half ago almost ! i had booked for the old hyundai i10 but it was not available so my booking was transferred to the new car...tell me more about your booking !!!
Old 25th September 2010, 19:54   #367
BHPian

Did anybody do any test-drive of this i10? Was there any update/fix on the pathetic rear suspension? Or is it just 'face'-lift?

And looking at Sid's pic of the central console above - they have removed the digital clock from the top from the Magna version. Come on Hyundai, how much does a digital clock cost?

Last edited by cuboid : 25th September 2010 at 19:56.
Old 25th September 2010, 20:15   #368

i10 looks has always been subjective, but on an all , it looks a great package, and this is right time for Hyundai as 3 marutis have surpassed i10 on sales last month.
Old 25th September 2010, 20:55   #369
Senior - BHPian

@cuboid - The clock IMO is to make appearance as an OEM goodie.
Say the clock costs Rs 100.
Hyundai fits the clock in dlite, era and magna trims and sells 10000 of them a month (era and magna bring in most of the sales as per sales personnel, )
Amount saved per year - 12 x 100 x 10000 = 12000000/-
If I was the chief of the design team - I say drop the clock!
Bulk of the users get a music system of some form to fit in their car and get a clock by default.

Also - I missed the photograph of it, but the seat in Magna is part fabric and part synthetic (like art leather) in the under thigh and border trim parts.

I got concrete news that the 800 cc car from Hyundai is coming next year, but the santro in all probabilities shall be continued.

The Hyundai website has all information regarding the new i10 now. Prices for Delhi, Ahmedabad and Chennai are up.
Old 25th September 2010, 22:07   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
It is Kothari Hyundai Tilak Road ! I've booked the car a month and a half ago almost ! i had booked for the old hyundai i10 but it was not available so my booking was transferred to the new car...tell me more about your booking !!!
Congratulations! I booked with Kothari as well. I booked a Sprotz A/T.

Called up the salesperson and he confirmed that the car was now on display. Went in today with family to "see" the new car. Overall, the changes appear really nice to me. They had Sportz M/T version on display and that was looking good for me and my wife.
The salesperson offered the TD (Magna M/T). I was like "great!". So we had the test drive from Tilak Road to Dandekar Bridge and back. I felt the car was really good for city driving - it was 5 of us in the car (self, Wife, Salesperson, and my 2 kids). With A/C on, I could easily accelerate through the traffic.

My wife was sitting in the back (since she can't drive M/T), and said that she liked the ride/suspension.

The salesperson says that he can get the car by mid Oct (Dussehra time frame). Let us wait and watch!
When would you be getting yours?
Old 26th September 2010, 01:52   #371
BHPian

More Pics

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-i10newrear.jpg

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-260920101181.jpg

Its going to be launched officially tomorrow here , still I got some scoop pics from a high security compound

Looks better but nothing worth a full blown review
Old 26th September 2010, 03:09   #372
BHPian

It doesn't look nice to me, it looks like Hyundai's older quirkier designs.

But it still remains the best automatic hatch at this price point!!!
Old 26th September 2010, 16:38   #373
BHPian

+ The new front design does not look great but seems to be inspired by the Toyota fortuner

+ The overview heated mirror seems like a helpful feature during monsoon, i wonder if there is any way to get rid of water droplets on the side windows either via heating (hey don't jump on me, i am just asking) or some kind of coating to prevent the water from sticking to the glass surface.

+ Foldable key is welcome, i wonder who designed Ford figo keys, it is exactly like a screwdriver which can injure you seriously.

+ I am not a big fan of indicator on the outside mirrors in the horrible bangalore traffic. In the last 6 months already 3 taxi guys have brushed my mirrors, i am sure the indicators would have been gone if i had one.
Old 26th September 2010, 17:39   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Unlike the Verna Transform which looks ugly, this new i10 looks very good. The refreshed i10 looks much better than the outgoing version. I like this new design language adopted by Hyundai for their newer generation cars.

Going by the online reviews i have read, the new 1.2 VTVT has broader torque spread with linear power delivery. Hopefully this addresses the peaky power delivery issues the Kappa1 engine had.

Hyundai should get the new Kappa2 engine under the hood of the i20 as soon as possible. Its the i20 1.2 which lacks the punch.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:12   #375
Senior - BHPian

I guess the new engine, along with the new gizmos should soon find themselves in the i20 range. No point having an expensive supermini with lesser features + older engine than its younger brother.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed