Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 22:30   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Guys any idea whether they give Apollo or Bridgestone as stock tyres on the new i10s?
I got my new i 10 just before Diwali with Bridgestones. I have seen one in the showroom with MRFs and some with Apollos. I got lucky, I guess.
Old 21st December 2010, 16:05   #452
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18

Note from Mod : The official Hyundai i10 testdrive has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion there, this thread is closed.

Had a scare with my next gen i10 (little over a month old) over the last weekend.
Did a Devanahalli run to get the feel of the car on highways. Had an expert driver (wife's cousin) alongside me, just in case. There are few stretches on the NH7 that are dug up and flyovers being constructued.

Just as we passed a particularly bad stretch, there began a peculiar kach-kach-kach sound from the left front wheel. Just like a washing machine's sound while the pump is working to fill the tub with water. Tense faces inside the car - damn, the car's just a month old. Concentrated for the next few minutes, and the noise died away eventually.

Started returning to city from Devanahalli. Again the very same noise reappeared after going over some bumps. Add to that a very audible ugly noise every time brakes were applied. Shirt started sticking to my back, despite the excellent AC.

The "expert" beside me started coming up with probable causes - bent rim, dirty brake disc (how does THAT explain the kach-kach-kach noise while car is in motion?), dirt inside the wheels (whatever that means). None of those sounded very soothing anyway - especially not on the very first highway drive in a spanking new car. Drove back very very slowly and parked it for the night.

Today morning called up the Kalyannagar Hyundai Service station and explained the problem to them. They arranged for a pickup-repair-drop facility from residence. No charges, obviously.

The driver appeared promptly at 8.30 AM and we drove off to the service center. As soon as the SA did a test run at the facility, he said "nothing to worry". Asked me to wait in the lounge and he drove it into the service bay. Returned a few minutes later with a 5-rupee coin sized rock. Yes a rock, which seemed to have somehow got into the left front wheel. He went away advicing me to "drive slowly over mud and stones". I was further told that there is no way to keep such small stones/pebbles from getting into the wheels (mine is the stock steel rims).

So the rock was the cause of noise while driving and while braking.

The drive back to residence was butter smooth. I finally had a smile. Wife was glad.

Btw, I was highly impressed with the courteous & professional hyundai staff. Realised its not for nothing that Hyundai service is rated so high.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2011 at 10:34. Reason: Adding link to official i10 review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed