Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 17:41   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
The Figo handling I would rate it lower than i20 anyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Did you really mean "handling"?
I felt Figo and Swift are 'the best' in that department among all hatchbacks sold in India.
OT: From what I've heard, the Ford Figo is a fantastic car 'round the bends. Its handling is one of its strong points. The steering, gear-box and chassis are very well sorted for a hatch. The i20 on the other hand, feels neutral and a little dead, actually. I haven't driven the Figo but I have driven the i20 and the steering/chassis isn't as communicative as the Ford's.

EDIT: P.S. Fords are known for their handling. Right from the Ikon, the Mondeo, the Fusion and the Fiesta!

For the record, the i10 is quite a capable car for it's proportions. It handles pretty well and rides comfortably as well. And I won't be surprised if the new i10 is the same or even better!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th September 2010 at 17:43.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:07   #227
BHPian

THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE OF THE NEW i10 is SEPTEMBER 23, 2010 (i have confirmed inside info).

AND YES IT IS COMING WITH THE 1.2 VTVT engine.

Last edited by akrish01 : 17th September 2010 at 16:15. Reason: added more info
Old 21st September 2010, 21:46   #228
BHPian

hi guys here are the pics of the new i10 got it from a friend ...........according to me i like the new look nice car...and they have also painted the dash grey because of the problem of the reflection on the front glass in the previous model
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-imag1197.jpg  

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-imag1198.jpg  

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-imag1199.jpg  

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-imag1200.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 21:56   #229
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics danny.
If only we could have removed that chrome strip from the front grill !
Old 21st September 2010, 22:55   #230
BHPian

Thanks for the pics danny.

The chrome strip does stands out a bit in the darker shades, but loved the way it looked in the bluish silver colour of the i10 blue-on. Looks like the rear brake light cluster also gets a redesign.

BTW, is the car photographed in India and does it still come with integrated headrests ???

Last edited by harishnair : 21st September 2010 at 22:58.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:06   #231
BHPian

Excellent pics danny.

Do you have a pic of the interior dashboard? Is there any change in the layout as well compared to the current i10?
Old 21st September 2010, 23:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Yes i think thats india alright,there is an accent standing beside it.

From the 1st it does look like integrated headrests are still there.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:35   #233
BHPian

Hi all, found this thread just as i was giving the current i10 magna a serious consideration for purchase to be used as our city car. Just a quick question, once the face lifted i10 is launched will hyundai still offer the free insurance + extended warranty discount that they are currently advertising?

Personally i do like the new shape of the i10 and agree 100% about the chrome strip in the front standing out too much. maybe some sanding and black paint is required after buying it .

Last edited by amrisharm : 21st September 2010 at 23:36.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:37   #234
BHPian

it looks like integrated headrests...but this is the Magna version? Yet it gets the OVRM with blinkers...were the side moulding strips also body coloured? I feel somehow they contribute to making the car look a little upmarket ! It looks like the cars are already in showrooms...its time for me to rush to Kothari Hyundai then !!!
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:23   #235
BHPian

you guys are most welcome......@karmania i m sorry but no pics of the interiors but i can conform that there are no major changes to the interiors just the colour has been changed from beige to grey finish........n ya the launch date is set to 23 of sept 2010......enjoy.....
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:56   #236
BHPian

Nice pics Danny. I like what I see. So i10 has lost its curves and is more mean now. 1.2 VTVT - I hope there is more to this engine than just some badging. So will i20 also get this 1.2 VTVT engine?
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:20   #237
BHPian

From the snaps, the new front, dark dashboard and integrated turn indicators are welcome. However, integrated headrest is not. But model shown is Magna. Hope they do provide it in Asta. I was surprised people taking delivery last week of old model even when they knew that new model will be launched this week. Not sure if dealers were providing heavy discounts to clear the stocks.
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:33   #238
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Useful Observation @ri! Can you let us know the upgrade details? Tyre Specifications i mean. It could serve as a good pointer towards improving ride.
He upgraded to 175/70 R13 Michelins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Did you really mean "handling"?
I felt Figo and Swift are 'the best' in that department among all hatchbacks sold in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
OT: From what I've heard, the Ford Figo is a fantastic car 'round the bends. Its handling is one of its strong points. The steering, gear-box and chassis are very well sorted for a hatch. The i20 on the other hand, feels neutral and a little dead, actually. I haven't driven the Figo but I have driven the i20 and the steering/chassis isn't as communicative as the Ford's.

EDIT: P.S. Fords are known for their handling. Right from the Ikon, the Mondeo, the Fusion and the Fiesta!

For the record, the i10 is quite a capable car for it's proportions. It handles pretty well and rides comfortably as well. And I won't be surprised if the new i10 is the same or even better!
I agree that the handling of the Fiesta is a hell lot better and would not want to even compare. I tried to throw the Figo around a bit and it also did handle well. But the bulk of the i20 with the wider track and good profile of the tyres it seemed to be always well planted. As for the i20, I do have a feeling that there is an improvement done on the steering front in the BSIV models. When I picked mine up, I was the most apprehensive about it but then my experience proved otherwise. The car seems to be well planted and well connected at all times.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:00   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
He upgraded to 175/70 R13 Michelins.

I agree that the handling of the Fiesta is a hell lot better and would not want to even compare. I tried to throw the Figo around a bit and it also did handle well. But the bulk of the i20 with the wider track and good profile of the tyres it seemed to be always well planted. As for the i20, I do have a feeling that there is an improvement done on the steering front in the BSIV models. When I picked mine up, I was the most apprehensive about it but then my experience proved otherwise. The car seems to be well planted and well connected at all times.
Thanks for the info regarding the tyre upgrade @ri

Regarding the steering of i20 in BSIV models, i second @ri in this. Steering felt pretty ok in BSIV model which my father recently bought.

Plus Wildon was mentioning that second gear was dead. I felt they ahd tuned this one too in the BSIV version.

Anyway, we are going OT here.

On the facelift:
Saw the car in flesh yesterday night in the yard! Looks Good!!

Saw the Magna model. It had:
1) Turn Indicators on ORVMs
2) Integrated front headrests
3) vtvt badge in the place where kappa badge is currently

It did not have integrated audio as in current Magna.

I could not observe the dashboard as it was around 7 45 PM and lighting was not sufficient at that place.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:03   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
It did not have integrated audio as in current Magna.

AFAIK current Magna does not have integrated audio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed