Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:37   #286
BHPian

Thanks for the brochure Sid.

The new additions does make the i10 look more upmarket and the grey dash is a welcome change. But, they should have offered ABS as an option in the Sportz variant.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:39   #287
BHPian

Excerpt from the ET article:

Quote:
The car even brings in a very functional gear shift indicator on the tiny rectangular LCD screen just above the odometer that compares the car's speed with the engine revs and tells you whether you need to shift up or down a gear!
I think that's a very nice feature! Is this in all variants or just the top one?
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:41   #288
BHPian

The blue display looks good. But i don't see a mention of Alloy Wheels anywhere? Have they missed out on that this time as well?
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

Excellent face-lift from Hyundai - i10 grille seems to be smiling now (earlier it looked frowning).

Nice features added - driver's seat height adjustment, heated mirrors, USB input, gear shift indicator and most importantly dark dashboard.

This is the reason I like Hyundai - they learn from their mistakes and correct them in the next face-lift.

Rohan
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:52   #290
BHPian

excellllent scoop/preview Sidindica ! Though it seems the alloys have gotten a miss ! But excellent features added. I agree that the dash looks better and will work better for anti-reflection...but the door panels could have had the same colour as the dash and looked much better. But i guess to increase the sense of space in a small car they might have left it that way.

anyways...but kudos to Hyundai...and excellent overall product upgradation !!
I will now look forward to taking delivery of my fully loaded ASTA AT by this month end !!

Last edited by Dieselite : 23rd September 2010 at 15:11.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:57   #291
Senior - BHPian

This is an excellent facelift by Hyundai.
Thumbs up for the non-beige dashboard - my biggest complaint on the i10 !
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:02   #292
BHPian

I think Hyundai doesn't want people to buy the irde1.1.
The main advantage of IRDe 1.1 in city driving -peak torque at lower rpms is gone

Earlier it was 10.1 kgm @ 2800rpm
Now it is retuned to 10.1kgm@ 4500rpm
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:10   #293
ajai_dev

Very nice facelift much better than verna gives the car a more butch look, well done Hyundai.

The dashboard specially looks much better than the older one. Wonder when they will intro a diesel variant of the i10?

Old 23rd September 2010, 15:42   #294
BHPian

i jus got an SMS from an Hyundai SP that the new i10 is on display NOW
at their showroom in Thiruvanmiyur, chennai.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:57   #295
BHPian

Hyundai has done a very nice job with this facelift, especially this facelifted i10 looks even solid that Verna Transform.
The interiors are also looking quiet descent than existing version; just loved the gear console integrated along with the AC Panel & Music Player panel.
Is there any news of Hyundai launching i10 Diesel ??
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:15   #296
BHPian

Hyundai re-launches i10 at Rs 3.48L-Rs 5.91L

Hyundai re-launches i10 at Rs 3.48L-Rs 5.91L

Check out bold new avatar of Hyundai i10 - Pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:31   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
The main advantage of IRDe 1.1 in city driving -peak torque at lower rpms is gone

what a shame. I used to love the fact that the santro with the 1.1 had a fantastic 3rd gear. Most times i used to just slot it in 3rd and lift the foot of the accelerator and just let the car move along on its own... what a fantastic city engine the 1.1 was. Now they changed it. Sad indeed.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:33   #298
BHPian

I am not a tech person when it comes to cars. To me all the technical stuff like VTVT etc. makes sense only when driving the car - as in if I can tell the difference by taking it for a short spin around. Else, I dont know what it means to the 'aam aadmi'.

The most significant cosmetic upgrade (for lack of a better word) is the change of dash colour scheme. Being an owner of the outgoing version, I cannot tell you enough on how irritating it is. Imagine having a coat of very light paint on the windscreen ALL THE LIVELONG DAY. Good riddance.

I dont quite like the blue theme that Hyundai is adopting across the cars (i20, Verna Transform and now i10) for the dash illumination. For some reason the makers think that it gives the car a sporty look. I beg to differ. The current green is easy on the eye, and is easy to read as well.

Externally there are lost of changes that make the car a bit more than what a Maruti would call a refresh (what with the stickers, bumpers and chrome door handles).

Overall I seem to like what I am seeing!
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:45   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
what a shame. I used to love the fact that the santro with the 1.1 had a fantastic 3rd gear. Most times i used to just slot it in 3rd and lift the foot of the accelerator and just let the car move along on its own... what a fantastic city engine the 1.1 was. Now they changed it. Sad indeed.
I am not sure where you guys got these figures from but the Hyundai i10 website has the following specs (refer attachment...dunno why am not able to post it as a picture)

though having a 10.1kgm@4500rpm wud have made i10 th efirst car in its league to have such awesome figures

peace,
~kg
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-untitled.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2010, 16:50   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post
I am not sure where you guys got these figures from but the Hyundai i10 website has the following specs (refer attachment...dunno why am not able to post it as a picture)

though having a 10.1kgm@4500rpm wud have made i10 th efirst car in its league to have such awesome figures

peace,
~kg
Which website is this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks