Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 11:14   #331
Senior - BHPian

No alloys and no ACC - Come on Hyundai, add these 2 features and you have the most complete 5L small car in the market ever.

Alternatively Hyundai could get rid of the sunroof and get the ACC and alloys ---- I am liking this car as it is, a compelling buy it is but no ACC and alloys even on the top version !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 24th September 2010 at 11:16.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:31   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post

One doubt: Does the pricing of i10 Asta make an i20 Sportz look VFM? (Overall) If so, should i10 Asta have been priced better?
I too feel the same. I would rather stretch my budget by 60K and will settle for i20 asta, for i10 asta. 60K should not be a big deal if one is going for a long term loan.

Its only the asta [may be sports] variant that looks overpriced. The magna's price looks OK. Having said that I would even consider Ritz Zxi over i10 Asta, which is around 22K less and comes with Alloy Wheels. IMO, Ritz Zxi looks VFM now. I understand it does'nt have bluetooth and other cool gadgets, which i10 offers. But it has got all the security sytem [ABS, AirBags] in place.

Last edited by nithi : 24th September 2010 at 11:33.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:36   #333
BHPian

Read in an earlier post that no discounts are being offered as of now. That'd be bad, as I was getting a discount of over 25k (loyalty, corporate, free insurance etc) with the older version. The new Magna 1.2 would cost me well over 4.5L now :(
Old 24th September 2010, 11:49   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Read in an earlier post that no discounts are being offered as of now. That'd be bad, as I was getting a discount of over 25k (loyalty, corporate, free insurance etc) with the older version. The new Magna 1.2 would cost me well over 4.5L now :(
Exactly my problem. I am even considering the new Magna with the 1.1 engine, lets see that might still be an option.I am now looking elsewhere as well. What other options would u recommend kanuj? I was checking out the new WagonR and was quite impressed by the features in that, but lets see.

But i guess by december this year, they will offer some sort of discounts but i need a city car ASAP unfortunately.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:55   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
What other options would u recommend kanuj? I was checking out the new WagonR and was quite impressed by the features in that, but lets see.
There's another thread in here where I was looking for a i10 1.1 CNG, and the WagonR seems to be obvious choice there as well. If I'm spending 4.5L on the Magna 1.2, I'd *atleast* consider the Ritz VXi as well. It were the major discounts that were attracting me to the Magna before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
But i guess by december this year, they will offer some sort of discounts but i need a city car ASAP unfortunately.
Me too. I was really looking forward to booking this sometime during the Navratri, but let's see...

Last edited by kanuj : 24th September 2010 at 12:02. Reason: Changed grammer.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:10   #336
BHPian

yes, i agree nithi.

(All prices ex-showroom Delhi)
Ritz Genus VXI is 4,52,459
i10 VTVT sportz is 4,45,023

So here it is a matter of choice. Both almost equally spec'ed and priced.

Ritz ZXI is 4,96,972
i10 VTVT Asta is 5,18,717

ZXI has Alloy wheels which is not there in Asta
Asta has Bluetooth Audio with Aux+USB, Reverse Parking Sensor, electrically adjustable, heated ORVMs which is not there in Ritz ZXI.

Asta doesnt command 22k more!! Lack of Alloy wheels makes the price even more questionable. I think Asta is some 25K overpriced compared to Ritz ZXI.
(But IMO it is okay if Alloy wheels are not provided by a manufacturer, since people wish to have choice of how the alloys should look isn't it? But then they should also minus the cost of the car if its not included. Rather keep it as an option!)

i10 VTVT sportz option: 4,74,843
i10 VTVT Asta : 5,18,717

Asta has one Airbag, ABS, height adjustable driver seat, tilt steering, bluetooth support, steering remote control, reverse parking sensor more than Sportz option, price difference is 44K. I feel it is some 10K more than a justifiable price(I assume each of the listed feature costs some amount, add up and see if it comes close to 44K).

Ritz ZXI has Alloy wheels, seat height adjuster, steering mounted controls and ABS more than Genus. Price difference is 44K. This also IMO is 10K more than justifiable difference.

Yet, is it the lack of Alloy wheels which makes i10 Asta Overpriced compared to Ritz ZXI?? I think this is the ONLY factor.

But Sportz option definitely does not justify the price difference of 29K with Sportz. Just for One Airbag, Bluetooth and steering mounted controls, the difference is some 19k more i think.

So if they had priced Sportz Option to say 4,60,000(They will price a bit more than deserving price). Then Asta would have been priced at around 5, 05,000 => which would make it appear less costlier than Ritz ZXI.

Last edited by iPai : 24th September 2010 at 12:18.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:21   #337
Senior - BHPian

yup - definitely the i10 'requires' a wheel + tire upgrade which can set one back by 25K appx.
But is the collective price of usb/ reverse parking sensors / elec. adjust. + heated ORVMs / bluetooth around 22k? Can someone please do the math from aftermarket components and update?
These are all 'nice to have' features, not 'must have'!
Old 24th September 2010, 12:25   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
yes, i agree nithi.

(All prices ex-showroom Delhi)
Ritz Genus VXI is 4,52,459
i10 VTVT sportz is 4,45,023

So here it is a matter of choice. Both almost equally spec'ed and priced.

Ritz ZXI is 4,96,972
i10 VTVT Asta is 5,18,717

ZXI has Alloy wheels which is not there in Asta
Asta has Bluetooth Audio with Aux+USB, Reverse Parking Sensor, electrically adjustable, heated ORVMs which is not there in Ritz ZXI.

Asta doesnt command 22k more!! Lack of Alloy wheels makes the price even more questionable. I think Asta is some 25K overpriced compared to Ritz ZXI.
(But IMO it is okay if Alloy wheels are not provided by a manufacturer, since people wish to have choice of how the alloys should look isn't it? But then they should also minus the cost of the car if its not included. Rather keep it as an option!)

i10 VTVT sportz option: 4,74,843
i10 VTVT Asta : 5,18,717

Asta has one Airbag, ABS, height adjustable driver seat, tilt steering, bluetooth support, steering remote control, reverse parking sensor more than Sportz option, price difference is 44K. I feel it is some 10K more than a justifiable price(I assume each of the listed feature costs some amount, add up and see if it comes close to 44K).

Ritz ZXI has Alloy wheels, seat height adjuster, steering mounted controls and ABS more than Genus. Price difference is 44K. This also IMO is 10K more than justifiable difference.

Yet, is it the lack of Alloy wheels which makes i10 Asta Overpriced compared to Ritz ZXI?? I think this is the ONLY factor.

But Sportz option definitely does not justify the price difference of 29K with Sportz. Just for One Airbag, Bluetooth and steering mounted controls, the difference is some 19k more i think.

So if they had priced Sportz Option to say 4,60,000(They will price a bit more than deserving price). Then Asta would have been priced at around 5, 05,000 => which would make it appear less costlier than Ritz ZXI.
Also there are discounts running on the relatively slow (6000-7000 p.m) selling Ritz. I have heard discounts of anything from Rs.10,000-25,000. Dont know what the exact figure is, so i guess it would make the Ritz even more value for money.

The i10 range was value for money before in my opinion because of the generous discounts that were being offered. My friend was given Rs. 25,000 off on the i10 sprtz 2 months ago. So i guess with the price rise of anywhere between Rs. 7,000-10,000 with regards to the respective previous models, combined with the withdrawal of the discount offer of about Rs 20,00-25,000 has made this car a little overpriced for some of us

Last edited by amrisharm : 24th September 2010 at 12:33.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:05   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
But is the collective price of usb/ reverse parking sensors / elec. adjust. + heated ORVMs / bluetooth around 22k? Can someone please do the math from aftermarket components and update?
These are all 'nice to have' features, not 'must have'!
But these are all factory fitted features which is very very good IMO. The alloys HAVE to be there - come on Hyundai, chuck the sunroof and give us alloys.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:07   #340
Team-BHP Support

Have they reverted the steering back to HPS?(it was never there, but still wrote, back to...)
Repeat question--When would the i20 come in with this power-plant?
Old 24th September 2010, 13:16   #341
BANNED

IMO, Hyundai may use a more powerful version of this 1.2L VTVT in i20, or just drop this engine from i20 and instead use the 1.4L engine (currently used in automatic version) and price the base variant around 5L.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:21   #342
BHPian

Dealer - Shreenath Hyundai, Andheri West (Opp Infinity Mall)

On Road Mumbai Pricelist for i10

i10 Facelift Mumbai On-Road Pricing.xlsx

Discounts currently offered - INR 30,000/- (20,000 cash + 10,000 worth of accessories)

Delivery period is Minimum 3 Weeks for Manual and 5 Weeks for Automatic.

Current readily available stock with the dealer -

Three i10 Magna's (Red, Champagne Gold and Carbon Grey)
Three i10 Sport's (Red, Champagne Gold and Carbon Grey)

Didn't ask if they were Diesel or Petrol.

Facelifted TD cars are expected in a week's time I was told. They don't have a single car in automatic available for display and said that Auto i10's are made to order cars and hence are not available

Are automatic i10 sale's figures that low???

Last edited by funkydevil : 24th September 2010 at 15:23.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:39   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Heated ORVMs... hmm interesting but how much of use in India ?
Quite a bit, specially during the monsoons.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:47   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Didn't ask if they were Diesel or Petrol.
I'm sure they were Petrol. OT: How much is the difference in registration charges in Mumbai and Delhi?
Old 24th September 2010, 15:59   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post

Facelifted TD cars are expected in a week's time I was told. They don't have a single car in automatic available for display and said that Auto i10's are made to order cars and hence are not available

Are automatic i10 sale's figures that low???
My i10 asta was made to order and I never had a chance to test drive any auto model - all 4 dealerships in my city did not have any AT TD vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Quite a bit, specially during the monsoons.
Yup - heated mirroes coulped with judicious use of front defoggers (which also defogs the front windows alongwith windscreen) can be a life saver sometimes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed