Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 16:56   #346
BHPian

Compared to existing 1.2 Magna.

Good thing : Electrically adjustable outside mirrors

Bad, Very bad, thing : No tilt steering barring Asta, why-o-why?
Old 24th September 2010, 17:24   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Dealer - Shreenath Hyundai, Andheri West (Opp Infinity Mall)

On Road Mumbai Pricelist for i10

Attachment 429106

Discounts currently offered - INR 30,000/- (20,000 cash + 10,000 worth of accessories)

Delivery period is Minimum 3 Weeks for Manual and 5 Weeks for Automatic.

Current readily available stock with the dealer -

Three i10 Magna's (Red, Champagne Gold and Carbon Grey)
Three i10 Sport's (Red, Champagne Gold and Carbon Grey)

Didn't ask if they were Diesel or Petrol.

Facelifted TD cars are expected in a week's time I was told. They don't have a single car in automatic available for display and said that Auto i10's are made to order cars and hence are not available

Are automatic i10 sale's figures that low???
Funkydevil, did i read your post correctly? Are you saying that hyundai is offering Rs 30,000 discount on the new face lifted i10's? Or are you saying the dealer is offering that discount on the left over stock of cars with the old design?

I hope its the former

Plus there is no diesel i10 yet.

Last edited by amrisharm : 24th September 2010 at 17:31.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:28   #348
BHPian

The rear looks a mixture on micra and figo. Overall very satisfying and thumbs up for hyundai.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:33   #349
BHPian

The dealer now has backtracked on his committment to carried over discounts to the new i10. Prices have also risen !!

the ASTA AT WS Sunroof (there is no option of ASTA AT without sunroof) is costing me all of 6,59,293 OTR Pune Outside Octroi.

Genuine i10 Mattings and Mudflaps with all windows and rear windscreen Filming will be offered with this car by the dealer but NO DISCOUNT !!!

590918 ex showroom + 19591 insurance + 41364 RTO + 4500 (other charges???????) + 2920 3rd year warranty gives us the GRAND total of 659293 !!!!

However the car is really nice inside out !! the attached image i hope does some justice to the Sportz interiors with the blue backlighting. Its really soothing ! the drive in the city was also pleasurable and definitely the driveability in the city is high for the Manual tranny. I could not drive the AT since its unavailable and mine is supposed to be the first vehicle they deliver !

Are these "other charges" commonly levied by showrooms for various expenses ??
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-i10blueint.jpg  

Old 24th September 2010, 17:36   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Dealer - Shreenath Hyundai, Andheri West (Opp Infinity Mall)

On Road Mumbai Pricelist for i10

Attachment 429106

Discounts currently offered - INR 30,000/- (20,000 cash + 10,000 worth of accessories)

Delivery period is Minimum 3 Weeks for Manual and 5 Weeks for Automatic.

Current readily available stock with the dealer -

Three i10 Magna's (Red, Champagne Gold and Carbon Grey)
Three i10 Sport's (Red, Champagne Gold and Carbon Grey)

Didn't ask if they were Diesel or Petrol.

Facelifted TD cars are expected in a week's time I was told. They don't have a single car in automatic available for display and said that Auto i10's are made to order cars and hence are not available

Are automatic i10 sale's figures that low???
Are you sure about the discounts part of it? I just came back from HMP Chennai & they have told that there are no discounts on offer now.

I just test drove the vehicle, but only on a very short stretch. The salesman told me that i was the first customer to test drive the car. Pick up feels better than the old i10. Gear shift is also smoother.

I hv booked the car by paying advance of Rs. 10,000/-. Not decided whether to go for the Magna or Sportz
Old 24th September 2010, 19:23   #351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
No alloys and no ACC - Come on Hyundai, add these 2 features and you have the most complete 5L small car in the market ever.

Alternatively Hyundai could get rid of the sunroof and get the ACC and alloys ---- I am liking this car as it is, a compelling buy it is but no ACC and alloys even on the top version !
I totally agree on the above points.
Had a first look at this car today and WoW great job done.

Also Hyundai should keep an option to upgrade from a lower model.
for e.g Things like fog lamps cannot be fitted without changing the bumper of i20. A customer dont like the answer "sorry it cannot be retro fitted"
Old 24th September 2010, 21:26   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Funkydevil, did i read your post correctly? Are you saying that hyundai is offering Rs 30,000 discount on the new face lifted i10's? Or are you saying the dealer is offering that discount on the left over stock of cars with the old design?

I hope its the former

Plus there is no diesel i10 yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Are you sure about the discounts part of it? I just came back from HMP Chennai & they have told that there are no discounts on offer now.

I just test drove the vehicle, but only on a very short stretch. The salesman told me that i was the first customer to test drive the car. Pick up feels better than the old i10. Gear shift is also smoother.

I hv booked the car by paying advance of Rs. 10,000/-. Not decided whether to go for the Magna or Sportz
Yes my friends, I am hundred percent sure of what I heard. The DEALER is offering me a 20k discount on the current i10 along with 10k worth of accessories. (mudflaps, tints etc.)

And I agree with Dieselite, the pricing for the i10 Asta is ridiculous. 6.5 lakhs !!!

Last edited by funkydevil : 24th September 2010 at 21:32.
Old 24th September 2010, 21:54   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
the ASTA AT WS Sunroof (there is no option of ASTA AT without sunroof) is costing me all of 6,59,293 OTR Pune Outside Octroi.

Genuine i10 Mattings and Mudflaps with all windows and rear windscreen Filming will be offered with this car by the dealer but NO DISCOUNT !!!

590918 ex showroom + 19591 insurance + 41364 RTO + 4500 (other charges???????) + 2920 3rd year warranty gives us the GRAND total of 659293 !!!!
@Dieselite: Could you provide information on which Dealer you are going to? I went to Kothari before the launch (last week) and booked Sportz A/T with old pricing. He ensured (written on the contract) that he will ensure price protection (no discounts though). Do you the on-road price for the new Sprortz A/T in PMC limits?
And by the way, all dealers charge the "other charges" and they are pretty much same across the board (about 4.5K).
Old 24th September 2010, 22:09   #354
Senior - BHPian

The interior is a vast improvement over the previous model and overall the car looks better. The 'Sportz' variant is the best option which retails at RS5.25lacs on-road ex-Chennai but a set of alloys wheels will push the price up but they're a must buy. The wheel covers are incredibly tacky.
Old 24th September 2010, 23:23   #355
BHPian

One of the best upgrades I've seen in the A+ segment over some years. The best part is that improvements are not just skin deep or cosmetic. The major changes are in the interiors, features and most importantly the engine.

One thing to be noticed it that all these changes were done in the exact same areas where the i10 was found lacking wrt the competition - change in engine performance in low-range (as per initial reports) and the beige interior. Also addition of new features along with airbag options is a nice addition. However, I still think that Airbag+ABS option should be made available across entire range. But this applies to all the cars.

So all in all, Hyundai have done whatever was feasible to make the car more aligned to market demands. I feel it's gonna scale new level of sales. The only thorn in its path could be the upcoming Swift.
Old 24th September 2010, 23:52   #356
Senior - BHPian

@vivekz - IMO swift is placed a notch up from i10 and shall fight it out with i20 / polo / punto / etios
Old 25th September 2010, 00:26   #357
BHPian

@blackasta - IMO the i10 1.2 is similar in price range to Swift, especially after the price increase. And whatever difference there may be does not amount to much in terms of EMI. As discussed in this thread, i10 Asta is tantalizingly close to i20 Sportz now. And Swift is definitely at a lower price than i20 and Polo (of at least equivalent spec).

However what you say would be absolutely true if the new Swift is going to be priced higher than the current generation.
Old 25th September 2010, 00:34   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
@blackasta - IMO the i10 1.2 is similar in price range to Swift, especially after the price increase. And whatever difference there may be does not amount to much in terms of EMI. As discussed in this thread, i10 Asta is tantalizingly close to i20 Sportz now. And Swift is definitely at a lower price than i20 and Polo (of at least equivalent spec).

However what you say would be absolutely true if the new Swift is going to be priced higher than the current generation.
We'll be around to check that
Somehow my senses tell me the new swift has to have gizmos on top of a superb engine+handling to out compete i20 (gizmo laden) /Polo (brand weight) /Etios (Toyota reliability), and that shall take the price range to similar territories.

Last edited by blackasta : 25th September 2010 at 00:36.
Old 25th September 2010, 00:52   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
We'll be around to check that
Somehow my senses tell me the new swift has to have gizmos on top of a superb engine+handling to out compete i20 (gizmo laden) /Polo (brand weight) /Etios (Toyota reliability), and that shall take the price range to similar territories.
Completely agree with you. Even I have a similar gut feeling

However, knowing Maruti, they have shown in the past that they have enough in their hands to start a new price war if the need be. For the new Swift, the major improvement they need to do is in the quality department. Engine+Handling, it has absolutely no issues. And brand weight is something which will take Maruti ages to meet up to the German lineage of VW. And IMHO, Swift cannot afford to have a substantial price increase as just above and below its price range, there is a real dogfight.
Old 25th September 2010, 10:22   #360
Senior - BHPian

Attended the Mumbai launch event last evening. I must say I'm impressed with the effort from Hyundai.

I feel the new model looks way better than the out going one. I'm glad to see it is more than just a cosmetic facelift with some new decals. The fit and finish like before is by far the best I have seen in this segment. The new dash is a welcome change over the earlier beige finish. The blue light theme on the audio console was a bit too loud for me though.

The car has been launched here first and will have its international launch is at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.

On another note expect the Santa Fe launch soon. It will be a 7 seater with a 2.2 litre VGT diesel engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks