Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 09:08   #376
Senior - BHPian

I saw this at Alapzuha Hyundai showroom. Wasn't this launched officially ?
Old 27th September 2010, 11:08   #377
BHPian

Went to Nimbus Hyundai, Sector 2, Noida to take a look at the facelifted i10. They had the Sportz basic and Magna versions on display, and apparently there's an offer by Hyundai that if you book a i10 by 30th of this month, they're giving away a 32" LCD by Sony. They give you a voucher, and you can redeem it at any of the Sony stores. Why not just give us the discount instead? :(
Old 27th September 2010, 12:50   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Went to Nimbus Hyundai, Sector 2, Noida to take a look at the facelifted i10. They had the Sportz basic and Magna versions on display, and apparently there's an offer by Hyundai that if you book a i10 by 30th of this month, they're giving away a 32" LCD by Sony. They give you a voucher, and you can redeem it at any of the Sony stores. Why not just give us the discount instead? :(

Safdarjung Hyundai said that the offer was present on only the pre-facelift model.

Can anyone confirm that the facelifted i10 also has this offer ?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:02   #379
BHPian

Just received call from Kothari Hyundai that the Engine and Chassis number is allotted
The sales rep said that the car would be delivered within next 10 days and asked me to arrange for the payment.
Since I'm going to make a cheque payment, does anyone have any inputs as to how many days in advance I need to do it before the delivery?
Thanks.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:15   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
Just received call from Kothari Hyundai that the Engine and Chassis number is allotted
Congrats. What's the tentative date for delivery? Did you also take a TD? What's the initial feedback?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:37   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
Congrats. What's the tentative date for delivery? Did you also take a TD? What's the initial feedback?
He did not specifically mention any delivery date, but I'm guessing it would be around 8th or 9th of October.

Yes, I did take the TD. Overall impression was very good. The car feels really nice from inside. I wouldn't say that I'm fan of external front treatment though.

The new music system, new color dash, electric mirrors - all of these add to "nice" feeling you get once inside. The TD was in crowded road of Pune (Shastri Rd) for couple of Km so can't comment much on handling. However my wife was sitting in the back and said that ride was smooth.

I felt the same way. Power was adequate for 3 adults + 2 kids with AC on.

By the way, I have booked A/T, but there was not A/T car for TD - so had to TD Manual.
Old 27th September 2010, 14:41   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sales rep said that the car would be delivered within next 10 days and asked me to arrange for the payment.
Since I'm going to make a cheque payment, does anyone have any inputs as to how many days in advance I need to do it before the delivery?
Thanks.
Best thing to do (which I did) is to go to the bank a day earlier than the delivery date and prepare MC (I had to preapre 3 - 1 each for car payment, insurance, and road tax/logistics). This saves the hassle of signature not matching etc.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:24   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Best thing to do (which I did) is to go to the bank a day earlier than the delivery date and prepare MC (I had to preapre 3 - 1 each for car payment, insurance, and road tax/logistics). This saves the hassle of signature not matching etc.
Thank you.
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "MC" - Is that similar to DD or a Pay Order?
Old 27th September 2010, 15:50   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "MC" - Is that similar to DD or a Pay Order?
MC - Manager's check. same as DD.
Old 28th September 2010, 09:16   #385
BHPian

Discount

Has anyone been able to negotiate a discount or freebies with the new i10 ?
Old 28th September 2010, 09:52   #386
BHPian

Saw todays TOI pune edition with one full page advertisement of new face lift i10.
Seemd its lunched already.
New features are good. But dont know why hyundai doesnt offer bigger tyres.
They may offer with R14/R15 for better road safty.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:05   #387
BHPian

some time i feel, big tyres means compromise with ride/handling and better FE. Not all car manufactures think from an car enthusiast point of view.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:05   #388
Senior - BHPian

I received a call from M/S Chandra Hyundai (It reminds me my Santro days 7 years ago) for TDing AT. I will post my experience after doing so. I didn't like the front looks, But still its not that bad to ignore a successful car. I believe this time AT will sell more, and ignite AT market in India.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:05   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Saw todays TOI pune edition with one full page advertisement of new face lift i10.
Seemd its lunched already.
New features are good. But dont know why hyundai doesnt offer bigger tyres.
They may offer with R14/R15 for better road safty.
Obviously, smaller wheels and higher-profile tyres suit Indian-road conditions better than larger wheels with lower-profile tyres. There must be a compromise made somewhere and higher-profile tyres generally give better ride quality over pot-holed roads and uneven tarmac. And within the city, 13" on small hatchbacks are ideal.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:18   #390
BHPian

Auto_Fan - did you get price protection and/or discount? I've only received committment for original mats , mudflaps and filming ! I've book an Asta AT White.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks