Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 10:26   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Saw todays TOI pune edition with one full page advertisement of new face lift i10.
Seemd its lunched already.
New features are good. But dont know why hyundai doesnt offer bigger tyres.
They may offer with R14/R15 for better road safty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Obviously, smaller wheels and higher-profile tyres suit Indian-road conditions better than larger wheels with lower-profile tyres. There must be a compromise made somewhere and higher-profile tyres generally give better ride quality over pot-holed roads and uneven tarmac. And within the city, 13" on small hatchbacks are ideal.
True, but there is no reason Hyundai can't offer wider tyres.
It would drastically improve handling and increase safety, but of course there is the 'fuel average' factor to consider.

Last edited by kadanaJ : 28th September 2010 at 10:43.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:30   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Auto_Fan - did you get price protection and/or discount? I've only received committment for original mats , mudflaps and filming ! I've book an Asta AT White.
Yes.

I booked the car about 4 days before launch and so I did get the price protection. The old Sportz A/T was 5.54L on road (PMC) and the new is costing 5.74L on-road (PMC). Since I booked pre-launch, I have to pay 5.54L for the new one - essentially 20K worth of cash discount.

I also have committment for mats and mudflaps (no filming - i did not ask for it). However the dealer did mention that original mudflaps/mats would take about a month post launch to arrive so I'll have to wait - I was OK with it.

How about you?
Old 28th September 2010, 13:23   #393
BHPian

i've booked a month before the launch !!!!

and no price protection !!! I think i must present the case to them ! Can you PM me your details (if you are comfortable) ??

In any case i find the new price to be VERY exhorbidant.

Guys 6,59,XXX/- on road for an ASTA? Does anyone think its worth it ?

@Blackasta - dude...you are using an ASTA AT...what do you think i should do ?

HELP !!

For an extra approximately Lakh rupees i get :

Safety:
Dual Airbags (Sportzs AT does not come with any airbag option), ABS, Seatbelt pre-tensioners, Fr. Fogs , Parking sensors, keyless entry, impact sensing auto door unlock.

Other Features :
Sunroof ,Ignition key reminder, Battery Saver (what is this??) , Driver seat height adjust, steering tilt, bluetooth , steering mounted controls

The i20 is within striking distance at this price point !!

Last edited by Dippy : 28th September 2010 at 22:26. Reason: Only two smilies allowed per post. We request you to go through the rules. Thanks
Old 28th September 2010, 13:30   #394
BHPian

Both the new verna transform and now i10 looks plain Ugly; hope they change their design team soon
Old 28th September 2010, 15:35   #395
BHPian

It seems the new model is causing quite a bit of discomfort and confusion among potential i10 customers with the price rise, discounts cancellation and features missing/adding in the new face lifted i10 (i see there is a lot of icon being used in this thread).

The company should learn from maruit and how they handled the new WarorR launch. It was so seamless and the features and price was also so well planned out that there was no disruption or any confusion with the new model even though it was a completely new car. Now when i went to inquire about the WagonR, i was told there is a waiting list of 4 months! A nice reward to maruti for getting their launch right .

Now thats how it should be done. maruti does make big blunders now and then. But for this, they deserve full praise for handling the launch of one of their best selling model without any problems and rejuvenating the sales numbers even further.

Last edited by amrisharm : 28th September 2010 at 15:37.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:15   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i've booked a month before the launch !!!!

and no price protection !!! I think i must present the case to them ! Can you PM me your details (if you are comfortable) ??

In any case i find the new price to be VERY exhorbidant.

Guys 6,59,XXX/- on road for an ASTA? Does anyone think its worth it ?

@Blackasta - dude...you are using an ASTA AT...what do you think i should do ?

HELP !!

For an extra approximately Lakh rupees i get :

Safety:
Dual Airbags (Sportzs AT does not come with any airbag option), ABS, Seatbelt pre-tensioners, Fr. Fogs , Parking sensors, keyless entry, impact sensing auto door unlock.

Other Features :
Sunroof ,Ignition key reminder, Battery Saver (what is this??) , Driver seat height adjust, steering tilt, bluetooth , steering mounted controls

The i20 is within striking distance at this price point !!
No - if today I was presented with this price to buy the i10 Asta AT - I would not have bought it.
I would have saved some more and bought the i20 1.4 AT instead.
Maximum stuff that has been pushed into the new i10 asta are 'good to have' ones.
With all the gizmos and stuff - this small car does not deserve a price tag of 6.6 lakhs on road.
Compare that to the on road price which I paid an year back for Asta @ 5.65 lakhs (after appx 23-24 k discount).
For me the price barrier was 6 lakhs. If I would have bought the asta AT today and spenk 35k on it (alloy + tire + sunfilm + seatcover) it would have touched the figure of 7 lakhs !!!! No way Jose!

Battery Saver - lights go off when you pull out the key.

Last edited by blackasta : 28th September 2010 at 17:19.
Old 28th September 2010, 19:40   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
No - if today I was presented with this price to buy the i10 Asta AT - I would not have bought it.
I would have saved some more and bought the i20 1.4 AT instead.
Maximum stuff that has been pushed into the new i10 asta are 'good to have' ones.
With all the gizmos and stuff - this small car does not deserve a price tag of 6.6 lakhs on road.
Compare that to the on road price which I paid an year back for Asta @ 5.65 lakhs (after appx 23-24 k discount).
For me the price barrier was 6 lakhs. If I would have bought the asta AT today and spenk 35k on it (alloy + tire + sunfilm + seatcover) it would have touched the figure of 7 lakhs !!!! No way Jose!

Battery Saver - lights go off when you pull out the key.
I agree with you Blackasta...i just have one grouse against the i20 AT. Its got a 4 speed box which combined with its 1.4 Gamma engine does not feel as energetic as the i10 AT and now with Kappa2 VTVT i might feel that difference even more !

The extra price for the i20AT is around 1.7 Lakh more than the i10 Asta AT.

The buying critereon for me being that i need the smallest auto hatch with airbags (dual) i could not move past the i10. But now the price is compelling me to reconsider my requirements !! Value for money does figure in the buying process...but here i am quite confused since i fail to see enough value in the i20 AT as well . Do you agree ?

Logic tells me to go for the manual 6 speed i20 1.4 Crdi ASTA with some more money added to the i10 price. But then if i have to buy a manual there are just soo many more options around. aaargh...i have some thinking to do...or maybe some thoughts to avoid and just go and buy the i10 ASta AT

i'm pretty STUMPED !!
Old 28th September 2010, 20:16   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just go and buy the i10 ASta AT

i'm pretty STUMPED !!
Well - blame the other manufacturers for this. With some competition the price of i10 asta AT would surely have been less. Not that i10 Asta AT is a bad or ill equipped car - but its overpriced.
If Hyundai is listening - release a Asta option pack AT without sunroof/bluetooth/steering controls/heated mirrors at a lesser price point.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:28   #399
BHPian

just got off the phone with the dealer ! After much hue and cry he is willing to bear 12K of the price difference leaving me with 6.47 Lakh on road price.

Somehow the convenience of the i10 auto (due to its size plus the auto box) is very very important to me. Looks like i'm headed into a bad deal knowing i'm being fleeced...but the extra 1.75 Lakh for the i20 Auto feels worser a deal putting into perspective the final utility of this purchase to me !

The dealer is saying that the other varaints are receiving full price protection since their price variation is not more than 5 to 7 thousand....i'm not so sure about this though.

Auto-Fan - Does your price also include the Insurance free offer ?? or is it just the List price which is protected ?

Last edited by Dieselite : 28th September 2010 at 20:32.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:43   #400
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you Blackasta...i just have one grouse against the i20 AT. Its got a 4 speed box which combined with its 1.4 Gamma engine does not feel as energetic as the i10 AT and now with Kappa2 VTVT i might feel that difference even more !

The extra price for the i20AT is around 1.7 Lakh more than the i10 Asta AT.

The buying critereon for me being that i need the smallest auto hatch with airbags (dual) i could not move past the i10. But now the price is compelling me to reconsider my requirements !! Value for money does figure in the buying process...but here i am quite confused since i fail to see enough value in the i20 AT as well . Do you agree ?

Logic tells me to go for the manual 6 speed i20 1.4 Crdi ASTA with some more money added to the i10 price. But then if i have to buy a manual there are just soo many more options around. aaargh...i have some thinking to do...or maybe some thoughts to avoid and just go and buy the i10 ASta AT

i'm pretty STUMPED !!
But Dieselite, why are you so keen on the ASTA. Why not the sportz AT. I know it has needed features such as ABS, airbags etc. but i don't think they would justify the exorbitant price tag Hyundai is asking.

I too would love to go for the ASTA just because it has ABS, but I simply cannot afford to pay 6.6 OTR for it. If you just cannot live without having ABS in your car then it is a different issue, but I strongly recommend you rethink your decision bro.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:50   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Are you saying the price of the car went up by almost a lakh rupees for the new looks and some extra gizmos. And its still missing 'Automatic climate control' and alloys.

Seems awfully high. I was keen on this car but suddenly the A-star AT looks more VFM.
Old 28th September 2010, 21:26   #402
BHPian

Confusion all around:

Here's my input taken from carwale:
i10 1.2 kappa Asta AT with sun roof : 5,63,145
i10 1.2 kappa2 Asta AT with sun roof: 5,90,915

Difference is around 27k

Add ons to Kappa2: VTVT, turn indicators on mirrors, electrically adjustable mirrors, gear shift indicator, bluetooth support to car audio, steering control for audio, rear parking sensor and that's all!?
(IMO the add ons do not add more than about some 10K).

How come a difference of almost 1 lakh is felt??

Personal suggestion: always get the insurance done by yourself. Dealers quote 20 odd k whereas you can get it done in say 10K with a proper insurance company.
Old 28th September 2010, 21:28   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Are you saying the price of the car went up by almost a lakh rupees for the new looks and some extra gizmos. And its still missing 'Automatic climate control' and alloys.

Seems awfully high. I was keen on this car but suddenly the A-star AT looks more VFM.
Yes sir - 1 lakh for bluetooth /steering controls / usb / eletrical adjustable+heated orvms / seat height adjuster /reverse parking sensor /flippy key. But we should keep in mind the engine is a brand new one, with new exterior styling too.

Although the feature addition list is long- no feature is 'must have' (except maybe the seat height adjust).

On top of that - no alloys/fat tires/FATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Confusion all around:

Here's my input taken from carwale:
i10 1.2 kappa Asta AT with sun roof : 5,63,145
i10 1.2 kappa2 Asta AT with sun roof: 5,90,915

Difference is around 27k

Add ons to Kappa2: VTVT, turn indicators on mirrors, electrically adjustable mirrors, gear shift indicator, bluetooth support to car audio, steering control for audio, rear parking sensor and that's all!?
(IMO the add ons do not add more than about some 10K).

How come a difference of almost 1 lakh is felt??

Personal suggestion: always get the insurance done by yourself. Dealers quote 20 odd k whereas you can get it done in say 10K with a proper insurance company.
old i10 used to have 25k discount on it - either cash or via goodies.
The onroad price for my car was 5.65 lakhs (with 24 k discount)
The onroad price for new kappa2 i10 asta AT is appx 6.6 lakhs.

Did anyone notice this?

Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-newgg.jpg

The gear notification for AT is finally in the console (P-R-N-D-2-L).
The same notification area works as gear shift indicator in MT versions.

picture from hyundai india website

Last edited by blackasta : 28th September 2010 at 21:37.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:24   #404
Senior - BHPian

Have the delivery started for this one...saw couple of them on road today.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:47   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
But Dieselite, why are you so keen on the ASTA. Why not the sportz AT. I know it has needed features such as ABS, airbags etc. but i don't think they would justify the exorbitant price tag Hyundai is asking.
Funkydevil - My minimum requirement is dual airbags and ABS with auto . Its more due to the extent of change of price that i'm exasperated ! The last gen i10 was offered finally to me at 5.75 OTR Pune before i was told i would HAVE to buy the new one ! But looks like i'm going in for the ASTA after all my confusion !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed