Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 00:49   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Seems awfully high. I was keen on this car but suddenly the A-star AT looks more VFM.
Totally agree with you here - I was almost sold on buying the Magna AT over the A-Star AT with the price difference being about 30k post discounts at both ends.

However the Kappa2 has taken all those thoughts out of the window. Magna scrapped, lowest model is Sportz costing 5.04 ex Gurgaon which is about 90k off the A-Star AT ( which btw has good discounts on it)

So A-Star its gonna be in all probability considering :

1. Massive Price Difference which cannot be justified despite better interiors
2. Require to seat only 2 ppl
3. Better FE
Old 29th September 2010, 09:58   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Funkydevil - My minimum requirement is dual airbags and ABS with auto . Its more due to the extent of change of price that i'm exasperated ! The last gen i10 was offered finally to me at 5.75 OTR Pune before i was told i would HAVE to buy the new one ! But looks like i'm going in for the ASTA after all my confusion !
Alright. And yes, do make sure you get everything in writing from the sales person about discounts, freebies etc. so that he won't change on you in future. What's the delivery time quoted to you?
Old 29th September 2010, 11:06   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Are you saying the price of the car went up by almost a lakh rupees for the new looks and some extra gizmos. And its still missing 'Automatic climate control' and alloys.

Seems awfully high. I was keen on this car but suddenly the A-star AT looks more VFM.
If space isnt a concern. I am not sure how AT has sorted the low end torque on A-Star. It was pathetic inside city.
Old 29th September 2010, 11:45   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
Alright. And yes, do make sure you get everything in writing from the sales person about discounts, freebies etc. so that he won't change on you in future. What's the delivery time quoted to you?

Yes, i will do that. They say next week. My booking being old is going to be catered to by the pre-launch orders that they have placed. Thanks !
Old 30th September 2010, 22:57   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
If space isnt a concern. I am not sure how AT has sorted the low end torque on A-Star. It was pathetic inside city.
I test drove both A-Star and old i10 Sports Auto. i10 Auto is way ahead in all aspects except maybe FE and price. Engine was just great on i10 while I got a very poor response on A-Star. Transmission is pathetic in A-Star (jerky gear changes which pushes you front and back.) Space and plastics on i10 are way better than A-Star. Visibility on i10 is better compared to A-Star. Handling on i10 is better. What more do you want. I went straight ahead and booked i10 Sports with new engine. To be delivered next week for my wifey.
Old 1st October 2010, 19:34   #411
BHPian

I don't understand why Maruti cannot launch an Automatic wagonR. Given that it competes directly with the i10, an Automatic option would make a lot of sense (discounting the horrid old wagonR AT 3-speeder). The wagonR is already cheaper than the i10 to begin with. I believe that a wagonR auto will make a lot more sense than an A-Star Auto.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:43   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I don't understand why Maruti cannot launch an Automatic wagonR. Given that it competes directly with the i10, an Automatic option would make a lot of sense (discounting the horrid old wagonR AT 3-speeder). The wagonR is already cheaper than the i10 to begin with. I believe that a wagonR auto will make a lot more sense than an A-Star Auto.
I believe it is launched and on sale for a while. But made to order only. They have done zero advertising on it and that's why nobody knows about it.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:20   #413
BHPian

Saw one near KRPuram this evening and boy it reminded me of Micra from the front.
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:38   #414
Senior - BHPian

The wagon R AT was on sale throughout the entire first generation from December 1999 till April 2010 as the AX. The new model does not have AT option.
Old 5th October 2010, 10:46   #415
BHPian

just got off the phone from the hyundai dealer in mumbai. Checked the prices for sports variant and waiting period.:

1.2 Kappa2 Sports - OTR 525000
1.2 Kappa2 Sports(O) - OTR 560000 (35K for steering mounted music control, bluetooth & driver airbag)

the above includes 0 discount, 1 year free service and 3 years warranty.

Both the variants have 4 weeks waiting period (already ???)
Old 5th October 2010, 18:05   #416
Senior - BHPian

[quote=dar3dev|

1.2 Kappa2 Sports - OTR 525000
1.2 Kappa2 Sports(O) - OTR 560000 (35K for steering mounted music control, bluetooth & driver airbag)

the above includes 0 discount, 1 year free service and 3 years warranty.
[/QUOTE]

Did you check with Shreenath Hyundai, someone reported a cash discount of 20k + 10k worth of Hyundai accessories which one can choose from.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:02   #417
BHPian

@Depen - Are you sure Hyundai is offering 20k + 10k discounts on new model ? Is that dealer discount ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Did you check with Shreenath Hyundai, someone reported a cash discount of 20k + 10k worth of Hyundai accessories which one can choose from.
I heard today that Hyundai has started offering exchange bonus of 10K on new i10 kappa2. Can anyone confirm ?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th October 2010 at 16:37. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:49   #418
BHPian

There doesnt seem any discount available on the new car right away here in Pune at least ! I had to argue a lot to get some semblance of a price protection on my ASTA AT and that too partial....Mumbai though can be a totally different kind of market...
Old 6th October 2010, 16:09   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Hi Dipen, i had checked with asset motors. Btw, do reconfirm if the said discounts are for oi10 with kappa engines or kappa 2 ?? I spoke with all mumbai dealers for the new i10 and none of them have ANY kind of discount on the new i10's.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:24   #420
Senior - BHPian

We are mostly booking the new i10 with Sanjay Hyundai, Pune. Looks like a small nice family car in all respects. Maruti Suzuki Ritz seemed the best contender as far our evaluation went and the usability, space, comfort etc considered.

Has anybody been able to get any discount on the new i10 or atleast goodies? Sanjay Hyundai seems to be hell bent on projecting no discounts and no goodies except Mats and Mud Flaps FOC. Been trying to negotiate for Anti-Rust, Hyundai Remote Locking, Car Cover etc with them.

Anybody had any luck with these either at Sanjay or Kothari Hyundai?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks