Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 22:43   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Hi Dipen, i had checked with asset motors. Btw, do reconfirm if the said discounts are for oi10 with kappa engines or kappa 2 ?? I spoke with all mumbai dealers for the new i10 and none of them have ANY kind of discount on the new i10's.
@dd, looks like it. however, i have been talking to asset as well (prashant, sale guy) and seems there are no cash discounts but some goodies thrown in like coating package+floor lamination etc alongwith mud flaps+matting. the cash discounts are there to the tunes of 20-30k on older model though. check...

however, we want to buy one in pune and the pune dealers sounding more firm on not giving anything.

Last edited by parsh : 6th October 2010 at 22:45.
Old 7th October 2010, 08:29   #422
BHPian

Just a query; has anyone driven the updated 1.1. irde engined i10? Because there was a lot of disappointment regarding its spec sheet; that its peak torque will now be delivered at a much higher rpm and thus, may affect drive ability.

Can anyone tell if the car is still as good as before in traffic, or will it now require ore frequent downshifts to make use of the torque.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:53   #423
BHPian

It's confirmed. I've checked with 2 dealers. Exchange bonus of 10K has started on new i10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
@Depen - Are you sure Hyundai is offering 20k + 10k discounts on new model ? Is that dealer discount ?

I heard today that Hyundai has started offering exchange bonus of 10K on new i10 kappa2. Can anyone confirm ?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
Old 7th October 2010, 15:10   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Just a query; has anyone driven the updated 1.1. irde engined i10? Because there was a lot of disappointment regarding its spec sheet; that its peak torque will now be delivered at a much higher rpm and thus, may affect drive ability.

Can anyone tell if the car is still as good as before in traffic, or will it now require ore frequent downshifts to make use of the torque.
Hi avi550m, the 1.2 kappa2 power delivery has also been modified. It now delivers peak power at 80ps@6000 rpm as against 80ps@5200rpm on Kappa I.

Guys, can anyone explain if this would mean any significant change in the drivability.
Old 7th October 2010, 16:44   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi avi550m, the 1.2 kappa2 power delivery has also been modified. It now delivers peak power at 80ps@6000 rpm as against 80ps@5200rpm on Kappa I.

Guys, can anyone explain if this would mean any significant change in the drivability.

hey, i test drove the Kappa2 and found it to be a much smoother engine. Real world driveablility is slightly better at lower revs. But the car i drove had hardly 250 kms on it ! So the engine will definitely get better after more usage and oil changes etc. But overall felt a more refined package to me than anything else !
Old 7th October 2010, 17:09   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
hey, i test drove the Kappa2 and found it to be a much smoother engine. Real world driveablility is slightly better at lower revs. But the car i drove had hardly 250 kms on it ! So the engine will definitely get better after more usage and oil changes etc. But overall felt a more refined package to me than anything else !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

@dieselite and mutantx: Thanks for your replies. It's good to see that driveablity of the Kappa has improved.

But my exact query was regarding the new irde engine. Because that engine was famed for its low end driveability. Has anyone driven the irde2 engined i10, and can you please tell whether the driveability and pickup is as good as before, especially in traffic conditions.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:18   #427
BHPian

Ok, so this is probably in the wrong thread, but I was browsing the features PDF on the i10 website, and saw that the intermittent front washer & wiper is not present in either the Kappa2 or the iRDE2 Magna variants. Really Hyundai? We're buying a sub 4.5L car and this is where you cut your corners?
Old 11th October 2010, 13:47   #428
BHPian

Sportz and models above it has Rear Wiper, Washer and Defogger. Please download the brochure from the website directly!
Old 11th October 2010, 13:59   #429
BHPian

iPai: Yes, I do know that the Sportz model offers rear washers and what not. My comment merely stated that the Magna variant (not exactly the base variant) doesn't even offer front intermittent wipers. It was my understanding that a feature like this was standard on modern day vehicles, and was not really something that car manufacturers would offer on their mid-top to top variants. Of course now I stand corrected. :amazed:

Last edited by kanuj : 11th October 2010 at 14:02.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:54   #430
BHPian

My Bad Kanuj! Misread your post!
As for missing intermittent front washer and wiper in Magna, yes, some silly cost cutting i guess. At least these features can be given in all models!
It seems the features and models are spec'ed in such a way that Hyundai wants to counter Figo as well as maintain their profits!

Last edited by iPai : 11th October 2010 at 14:56.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:59   #431
BHPian

Have sent an email regarding this issue to cr@hmil.net. I really wish this is just me jumping the gun and not RTFM again, as something like this is not justifiable by modern standards. This IMO is not the way to go to convince your customers to go for the higher priced variants instead.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:11   #432
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone driven the iRDE2 version ?

And i really hope the peak torque @ 4500 rpm is a typo in the Hyundai website ! Can someone please confirm ?

I actually quite liked the old IRDE. It was *more* fuel efficient than the Kappa and was peppy in lower gears too. Hoping the new IRDE is atleast as good as the older one.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:39   #433
BHPian

hey,

i drove the iRDE as well and found it to be a shade better than the older one in terms of refinement and eagerness to accelerate. Though the iRDE i drove earlier was 40K odd km on the ODO i think it had retained its basic characteristics !

Also a snap of my new Kappa2 ASTA AT babe !
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18-15.jpg  

Old 14th October 2010, 18:00   #434
Senior - BHPian

What's the ARAI FE number for Kappa2 A/T ?
Old 14th October 2010, 18:05   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What's the ARAI FE number for Kappa2 A/T ?
the ARAI FE figure is 20.83 kmpl !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks