Team-BHP - Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/89397-hyundai-i10-facelift-edit-pic-page-7-brochure-page-18-a.html)

Note from Mod : The official Hyundai i10 testdrive has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion there, this thread is closed.

Moderators: delete this thread if one already exists

I was watching Overdrive program on CNBC today morning and they mentioned about Hyundai i10 facelift coming soon.

I also searched the net and found this interesting article

Hyundai i10 facelift to hit showrooms by October? | Indian Autos blog

I was wondering if this is true? Do we have any scoop pictures?

True or not true. I hope they do a better job than what they did with Verna. i10 is selling well, I hope they don't screw the look part and axe their legs.

Can do some thing to improve the ride-bumpiness quality? I guess that would a core level change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1955753)
True or not true. I hope they do a better job than what they did with Verna. i10 is selling well, I hope they don't screw the look part and axe their legs.

Agree - the new Verna looks pretty screwed up, at least in photos. The new Sonata looks great though - expected to be 19L
New Sonata 2010 Images | Wallpapers | Photos - Page 1 of 2

Hope they bring the i10 electric soon. I have a i10 Auto Sportz - nice zippy city car.

I cant help laughing. I really hope the hyundai guys take design cues from the new Verna Deform, oh I mean transform and design the i10. Know what, I dont think they will do that because the i10 is way too precious for Hyundai and tthe designers are themselves aware of what have they done with the Verna. This shows what kind of step motherly treatment they are giving the Verna.

Design on Hyundai cars? In India, the uglier the Hyundai, the better. Look at Hyundai's beautiful cars---Elantra, Sonata, Terracan, Tucson. Where are they? Verna was ugly enough to start with. Now it looks even more horrible but who cares? I am sure its sales will double up. That's India.

^^ i agree. Not sure why hyundai is doing such injustice either with its design or the pricing with their best seller/performers. But after looking at another speculative designing of deZire which is now the best seller for maruti, u can never say whats going on with the end user mind :D

Even though i10 is selling quite well, I still feel that this is a welcome move from Hyundai. There is a lot of scope for cosmetic improvements in i10.

Few things which I would like to see fixed are:

1. Dashboard colour to be changed from beige to chocholate

2. Front bumper and grille design to be improved

3. Bulbous headlamps to be modified to integrated headlamps

Few things I would hate to see in the facelift:

1. Cost cutting in build quality

2. Usage of chrome anywhere

3. Stupid silver colour center console similar to the one in face-lifted i20

Rohan

In another thread there was a news and picture about hyundai testing a new small car in chennai which looked similar to i10. The guess was, it is the new 800cc car. But at the Verna launch, the MD of Hyundai said the 800cc car will be launched only in 2012.
So i guess that must the facelifted i10.

Maybe the facelifted i10 could have the headlights revised along with the interior color scheme and a new dash. Any drastic external changes could affect the sales in an negative manner. This might happen as the mass public will not able to relate the newer model with the previous one.

Case in point here is of the old jelly bean Zen and the newer one(last gen) Although launched as the new zen it was difficult for the people to relate to the cute jelly bean body shape and the tall boy design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 1957112)
Design on Hyundai cars? In India, the uglier the Hyundai, the better. Look at Hyundai's beautiful cars---Elantra, Sonata, Terracan, Tucson. Where are they? Verna was ugly enough to start with. Now it looks even more horrible but who cares? I am sure its sales will double up. That's India.

I do second you on all the cars you have mentioned except the Verna (which you have mentioned) and the Elantra. It never looked good, at least to me.

The i10 facelift will be an interesting design to wait for. Remember the Santro-Xing transformation? Was one of the best redesigns in India in my opinion. So they could come up with a great looking facelift as the i10 is their mass market model. Moreover, I hear that it is getting a 1.0L Kappa engine and cost a little bit lesser than the 1.2Kappa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by designersf (Post 1958625)
Remember the Santro-Xing transformation? Was one of the best redesigns in India in my opinion.

+1 :thumbs up

I believe the trick lies in length-height ratio with respect to the lines and curves of the car and the most important aspect are the headlamps and the grille. They define the personality of a car.

The i10 headlamps and the interiors (color scheme) definitely need a change for the better. I just hope the new facelift does not go the "new" Verna / Ritz / A-Star way (in design sense)

why change a winning combination
the i10 in its present form is doing extremely well for Hyundai
and the inevitable diesel which is going to be launched shortly will help its cause
at present people who like their cars to be sober are giving it a thums up

+1 kappa is a wonderful engine. A truely winning combination. I am extremely satisfied with the kappa :D infinity tends to kappa eheheheh

Every hatch today has pull type door handles but i10 still has lift type handles. Isn't that retrograde?