Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 10:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

One piece of advice to Nissan - drop the fancy features like the keyless GO and instead have rear headrests/alloys/steering audio controls/bluetooth etc.
KEYLESS GO , is the biggest USP of the car , and its the feature that attracts customer the most ! I think , the product is doing well considering the dealership network , so its too early to say that it is out of buyers radar or not !
Old 28th September 2010, 10:31   #17
BHPian

Isn't 70 ps a bit less for a 1.5 litre engine?
The i20 1.4 CRDi shoots out about 90 hp.
Am I missing something here .
Old 28th September 2010, 11:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
KEYLESS GO , is the biggest USP of the car , and its the feature that attracts customer the most ! I think , the product is doing well considering the dealership network , so its too early to say that it is out of buyers radar or not !
While I think it is the USP of the car, I haven't heard of a single person who has booked the Micra due to this feature ( I know a few of them personally). The product has failed to create a stir in the market, that is a known fact. You can judge the level of interest by the number of posts in the Micra threads in T-BHP!
So, I feel getting rid of the keyless Go and having some more 'useful' features will definitely help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post

Peak Power has more to do with the torque available at higher rpms. Say, one car has 90 ps@5000 rpm whereas another car has 70 ps@4000 rpm. But in normal driving, say at 3000 rpm, the power available in both cars might be the same. For example, a Figo diesel has some 68 horses with a 1.4 engine capacity, but has good driveability and very less turbo lag which makes it a favorite for many people. I think the Logan diesel falls in the same category.

Last edited by adimicra : 28th September 2010 at 11:17.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:33   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For example, a Figo diesel has some 68 horses with a 1.4 engine capacity, but has good driveability and very less turbo lag which makes it a favorite for many people. I think the Logan diesel falls in the same category.
Exactly, Recently i drove a friend's Logan. This engine might be low on on HP but it pulls very cleanly from low down, though it's not as responsive as the Ford's TDCi engine but this engine performs reasonably well at low revs with minimal Turbo-lag.
Old 28th September 2010, 19:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats an excellent move by Nissan. Diesels are selling like hot cakes in India, and they did not take too long to realizes this unlike GM, who still don't have a small diesel to power its small hatches and thats reflecting on their sales. So I guess that leaves only GM who does not have a small diesel while everyone else including the new entrant Nissan have a small diesel in their inventory.

Last edited by SPARKled : 28th September 2010 at 19:47.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
While I think it is the USP of the car, I haven't heard of a single person who has booked the Micra due to this feature ( I know a few of them personally). The product has failed to create a stir in the market, that is a known fact. You can judge the level of interest by the number of posts in the Micra threads in T-BHP!
So, I feel getting rid of the keyless Go and having some more 'useful' features will definitely help!
I think Keyless Go is indeed the differentiating factor of the car. Else what is to make it stand out from the crowd? Admittedly, giving it a supercharged engine would also have helped , but we should stick to more sensible USPs!

I for one liked the i20 a lot, but the clincher for me as Electrically Adjustable Mirrors. That totally sold me on the car (not that I bought it eventually, but thats a different story). Similarly, I do know of a friend who is considering between the Micra and the Swift. The pros of the Micra for him are Novelty, and Keyless Entry.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:54   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nissan has priced the Micra petrol reasonably well, that leaves room for a competitively-priced diesel. Additionally, this engine has been sold since 4 years now and hence, will enjoy certain cost advantages. The Logan diesel has zero turbo-lag and is well known for its fuel efficiency.

I think the diesel will easily double the sales of this hatchback. For 15 dealerships, their August sales tally of 1000+ was not bad at all.

P.S. Nissan better bring those annoying panel gaps in line. Even the Tata Nano has superior shut lines! Completely inexplicable!
Old 29th September 2010, 19:55   #23
BHPian

Logans Clutch is very tight, hope same is not true for Micra Clutch
Old 30th September 2010, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Less CC = Less BHP Or More CC = More BHP , this logic doesn't stand any more ! We are now having engines like the 1.2 Tsi which has power equal to the !.6 engine found in SX4. Meanwhile , the 70 PS engine will be adequate for the super light Micra.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:08   #25
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Logan diesel has zero turbo-lag and is well known for its fuel efficiency.
+1

Logan pulls very well and does not feel like a diesel. If Nissan could get the vibrations & noise under control, then they have a winner.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:14   #26
BHPian

Won't the 1.5L engine consume more fuel? The power is nothing to write about either. Why would anyone consider this car when there are better diesel engines in the market delivering more HP with smaller engines? The Figo too has a bigger engine/lower HP but it has space, better dealer network and the Fiesta similarity which makes up for the less HP.

The Nissan dealer network is sparse. The Micra is no good-looker either (no offense to anyone owning the Micra). It makes the Ritz look beautiful. Looks like the start-stop button is the only USP of the car!

Last edited by fuel_addict : 9th October 2010 at 11:18.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

The Micra Diesel as a product sure sounds good on paper. With the right pricing it should roll.

The only negative I see so far is, the sparse dealer network. If there are more dealers with good service. I am sure the car will sell well. The Logan engine is no road burner BUT will be more than adequate (rather a performer) on the light & small Micra.

Let's wait & watch the pricing !!

Cheers
Old 9th October 2010, 11:40   #28
BHPian

Yes, Seems this Nissan Diesel can certainly give the competition (the likes of Swift and Hyundai) a tough fight.

It has got enough arsenal in it's armoury.

But IMO, As a brand, Nissan is not as well received in India as in Oversees. Afterall it is the third largest Jap automaker!!

This company should be as reliable as Toyota and Honda. It deserves more success in India.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:21   #29
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It will have an advantage on the NVH front since it will be a four pot instead of the (more vibration prone) 3-pot petrol. A lot of NHV may already have been taken care of due to the shakier version of the Petrol used.

What about an AT version?
Would love to see AT on a diesel compact car.

This might prove to be a killer if priced correctly as we have seen in the success of Figo. For this Nissan needs to do few things:
- Open more dealerships and A.S.S centers, increase their reach
- Price is correctly
- Advertise is correctly (which they seem to be doing, but need to provide more visibility, ie advertise more)
Old 8th November 2010, 08:55   #30
BHPian

Nissan Diesel booking open now

Nissan has come out with an advertisement in today's newspapers announcing the bookings open for diesel model. They are advertising a class leading FE of 23.08 kmpl.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed