Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 02:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

Pretty large displacement, for such a small car. And the torque figures aren't to impressive either. Is this one NA?
Old 9th November 2010, 08:54   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ It's a turbo alright, albeit a mild one. Where the Logan diesel engine scores is excellent driveability (near zero lag) and fuel efficiency.
Old 9th November 2010, 09:05   #63
BHPian

In Chennai the XV costs Rs. 6.45 lakhs on road and XV Premium costs Rs.6.90 lakhs! I wonder how Nissan is going to sell the diesel Micra with such a premium price tag. What do you think friend?

Source: Nissan Micra diesel price Rs. 6.45 to Rs. 6.9 lakh, Nissan Micra diesel bookings open and technical specifications | DWS Auto India
Old 9th November 2010, 10:56   #64
BHPian

Does the XV model come with Airbags and ABS ? If yes, then its pretty decent deal at 6.45L. A good but puny looking diesel car for 7L (XV prem) - will it work ? I dont think so.

OT - What happened to Beat Diesel ?
Old 9th November 2010, 12:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
^^ It's a turbo alright, albeit a mild one. Where the Logan diesel engine scores is excellent driveability (near zero lag) and fuel efficiency.
Thanks for the reply GTO! Good to know it's turbocharged.

OT: Just out of curiosity, is there any benefit at all in using a NA diesel engine?

Would the torque delivery be more linear? I can imagine it would have really slow throttle response!
Old 9th November 2010, 13:37   #66
BHPian

Obviously, if they want to build better volumes, they need XE diesel. It is quite probable they will bring it out later.

The currently announced variants wont find too many takers, especially in the VFM diesel crowd. Think the total volume including all variants would be less than 2k per month.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:14   #67
BHPian

If Nissan had tweaked the 1461cc engine vilume to be 1400cc the reduced tax and better price advantage would have been better for customers. 61cc engine size reduction amounts to just 4% but excise benefit would be significantly higher.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
If Nissan had tweaked the 1461cc engine vilume to be 1400cc the reduced tax and better price advantage would have been better for customers. 61cc engine size reduction amounts to just 4% but excise benefit would be significantly higher.
You are wrong. For diesel cars, the limit is 1500 cc. Any car with a diesel engine less than 1500 cc is eligible for excise benefit.
So, the Micra diesel is eligible for that.

Anyone got the final price and features list?

The problem with Micra is - it is not considered as a B+ premium hatchback like Polo/Punto/I20/Fabia. Rather it is compared with I10/Swift/Ritz/Figo etc.

No doubt, it is a good package overall but it is costlier than some (Figo) or similar to others (Swift) and does not offer any significant advantage over the established brands. Rather, both the petrol and the diesel engines are the least powerful compared to the other cars in the segment. So, unless it is priced lower than the Swift (which is unlikely), I do not see it selling in good numbers. Most of the people buying it might be for some feel-good features like start/stop and its cute and different looks.
Old 9th November 2010, 18:16   #69
BHPian

When NISSAN itself known as a toppers in diesel technology, why they are sourcing the engine from Renault?
Old 9th November 2010, 19:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
When NISSAN itself known as a toppers in diesel technology, why they are sourcing the engine from Renault?
Both are part of the same company (more or less) - It is called Renault-Nissan Alliance - Carlos Ghosn is the CEO of both the companies (rather the alliance)
Old 10th November 2010, 08:22   #71

No ABS in the Diesel Micra

Fellas,

One thing I noticed in the features list for the Micra D is that it doesn't have ABS

Waiting for the day when Manufacturers make ABS optional on all variants of their cars.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Shame on Nissan for not providing ABS or a passenger airbag on micra. Driver airbag is standard though. Lost opportunity. Maybe they do not intend to sell the diesel in volumes..
Attached Thumbnails
Micra diesel is here NOW !-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 10th November 2010 at 11:52.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu Srinivasa View Post
Waiting for the day when Manufacturers make ABS optional on all variants of their cars.
IMHO, even if the manufactures don't provide ABS & Airbags on all the variants, they must at least offer it as an option.

I'm pretty sad that Nissan is not providing ABS & Passenger Airbag in Nissan Micra Diesel.

EDIT: Thanks for uploading the brochure.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 10th November 2010 at 11:52.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:37   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It is amazing how, they will continue with gizmos like keyless entry/start and remove ABS. Can never understand the mindset of these manufacturers.

I feel that the consumer mass also should get more informed about safety features. Just imagine the scene in the Nissan showroom when the sales man is showing they keyless start feature and talking about 23 kmpl mileage, How many people will ask him why ABS is not offered??

Last edited by 4x4addict : 10th November 2010 at 12:38.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed stupid on part of Nissan to miss out the ABS & Airbags on the Micra Diesel. This one is no Value for money IMO, considering the wafer thin network that they have in India.

I have no doubt that Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Ford, etc. will continue selling their diesel cars in more numbers to the apathy of Nissan.

It seems that the Japs consider the Indian auto market a profit centre, which can add to the yearly Dividends/ Bonuses of the Owners/ Managers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks