Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 15:30   #76
AWD
BHPian

Indeed its sad that Nissan has chopped off ABS from the Diesel Micra. Maybe they were thinking that for such a slouch (0-100 in ~ 18secs), ABS is not much required!
Old 10th November 2010, 21:28   #77
BHPian

The ad campaign for the Micra has been emphasizing on the gimmick of keyless entry right from the start onwards, instead of other aspects like styling or technology. Now with the Diesel losing ABS, it might be that Nissan thinks Indians are impressed by superfluous gimmickry than depth of engineering or other product attributes. No ABS or passenger airbag at those price levels! Outrageous, to say the least. And ads all over inviting pre- order (what's that?) even before releasing specs or price lists! Who do they think the car buying public are?
Old 10th November 2010, 23:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Well what it gets to show is the amount of homework Polo TDi and the Figo TDCi launches have gone thro.
I mean when it comes to Nissan they have somehow seemed to have missed the story, people want either well priced car or some premium looking exteriors. You cant have neither.
Moreover, what I am thinking is there is no Diesel car from the stables of Chevy and Hyundai in this category (assiming the i20 is a category above).
Old 11th November 2010, 00:01   #79
MAS
Senior - BHPian

+1

Nissan seems to have got the pricing wrong. Funny, the same-hearted-bigger Logan is cheaper. I am sure Nissan was carried away by the i20 pricing and its success.

I am worried how Hyundai would price their i10 CRDi.
Old 11th November 2010, 00:15   #80
BHPian

Turbo sans inter cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Pretty large displacement, for such a small car. And the torque figures aren't to impressive either. Is this one NA?
Its turbo charged albeit without an inter cooler. The inter cooler accounts for the extra 4 bhp in the logan.
Old 11th November 2010, 02:22   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Its turbo charged albeit without an inter cooler. The inter cooler accounts for the extra 4 bhp in the logan.
thnx for the info. Does any other diesel engine in a hatchback comes with inetr-cooler? The power output of 64 ps seems very meager compared to 1.3 MJD or I20 CRDI and even Figo TDCI. Kind of strange that the biggest displacement produces the lowest power. Is the diesel motor on the Logan an archaic one?

Iagree with all others that Nissan has lost the plot here, period.
Old 11th November 2010, 07:40   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
thnx for the info. Does any other diesel engine in a hatchback comes with inetr-cooler? The power output of 64 ps seems very meager compared to 1.3 MJD or I20 CRDI and even Figo TDCI. Kind of strange that the biggest displacement produces the lowest power. Is the diesel motor on the Logan an archaic one?

Iagree with all others that Nissan has lost the plot here, period.
Renault K-Type engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Typical output is 70 bhp like on the Logan and it can go up to 110 (according to ACI the Fluence will come with this version)

Probably they have detuned it with aim as FE and driveability, however whether or not they have succeeded is a different matter, plus they have the sedan coming up which would need some differentiation.

However we look at it the Logan pricing seems saintly compared to the Micra.
Old 11th November 2010, 09:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The power output of 64 ps seems very meager compared to 1.3 MJD or I20 CRDI and even Figo TDCI. Kind of strange that the biggest displacement produces the lowest power.
I think , being big on displacement , the engine will be more relaxed unit !
Old 11th November 2010, 11:03   #84
BHPian

Pricing is a concern while competiting with Figo & Punto !!

Here are the specifications of Nissan Micra Diesel from Indian Autos Blog:
Nissan releases Micra diesel specifications | Indian Autos blog
See the pricing:
Nissan Micra Diesel Priced at 6.45-6.9 Lakh: Micra Diesel Price | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Here is the pic of Nissan Micra dCi spotted during inauguration of Nissan's Oragadam Plant, near Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Micra diesel is here NOW !-nissanmicradiesel.jpg  

Old 11th November 2010, 11:16   #85
BHPian

Opinion1 : IMHO the prices courtesy the links above are not right. That specific article was posted on Monday. The real price should be revealed at the launch I think.

Opinion 2 : If the prices are 6.45 and 6.90, then RIP Micra Diesel.
Old 15th November 2010, 15:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thnx for the info. Does any other diesel engine in a hatchback comes with inetr-cooler?
I have seen that Tata Indica (or was it Indicab?) has an intercooler. Saw it in concorde dealership. It is hidden under the bonnet. The inlet starts at the point just where the grille ends.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:15   #87
BHPian

Yes INDICA TURBO (now turbomax) & INDICA DICOR both comes with intercooler. Just lift the bonnet lid and it will be on first sight.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:24   #88
BHPian

nissan has missed a big opportunity to gain market share and have a larger presence by pricing it between Rs 6.4-6.9 lacs. Figo has been a success due to smart pricing, not that it is a bad product. But this segment is already crowded with swift, ritz,vista,figo,punto competing against each other and launching a product in a higher price band without a major sales or service network and minus the frills in petrol version is harakiri!
Old 19th November 2010, 16:15   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For a brand that harped on the "safety" aspect after giving even the basic Micra an airbag, they sure have undone all that goodwill by taking away ABS entirely from the diesel! What a silly move....what on earth were they thinking? Diesel car owners never get into emergency situations? Or their lives are any less valuable?

And no, I don't believe the prices quoted on the links above. Lets wait for an official word from Nissan.
Old 19th November 2010, 17:37   #90
BHPian

Guess Nissan have realised that to be successfull in India, they need a diesel variant. This is a clever move but done too fast. They have compromised on safety like what GTO said. I guess the initial models will be without ABS. As time goes on and sales pick up (IF), then they might plonk in a new trim level that is equipped with ABS.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks