Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 17:24   #106
BHPian

@Xingamazon - Just to pip in my piece. I know a couple of old hands at RNS Motors in Bangalore. They tell me that it is REALLY difficult to get many new dealers at this time. Car dealerships are very long gestation, low ROI businesses for many years. Entrepreneurs would rather invest in real estate.

Take RNS' example - he himself is heavily into real estate now.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

In todays newspaper the Nissan India head said that they have recieved around 600 bookings for the diesel.
Total Micras delivered till now 5,000.
Old 2nd December 2010, 16:14   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
Larger sales numbers on a reasonably priced small hatch = greater pressure on after sales service. Right?

I mean does it not seem like the "cart before the horse" syndrome here?

Say, for example - if Micra Diesel proves everyone wrong and sells 8,000 - 10,000 pieces in 2 months. Can Nissan even hope to cope - even with normal service requests with such a thin service base?
While your view will never happen (5,000-10,000 units for a Rs 6-7 lakh hatch), it is one point a company should have already considered. If such a thing ever happens, then the pressure on service centres as you mentioned would be immense. Rapid ramp-up would be the only solution out apart from expanding existing service stations.
Old 4th December 2010, 16:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
While your view will never happen (5,000-10,000 units for a Rs 6-7 lakh hatch), it is one point a company should have already considered.
@designersf: The unexpected does happen. Consider Nano's 85% collapse in sales within ONE MONTH (September - November festival phase).

I agree with you though Nissan will sequence bookins with production and push hard to expand the service network if the numbers look good.
Old 10th December 2010, 00:20   #110

Re: Micra diesel is here NOW !

Hi, I test drove the Micra Diesel and found it to be okay, the engine is not as smooth as Swift motor. The premium model is not with the co-drivers Air Bag, no vanity mirror and rear headrest.
I am planning to buy the same, my only hitch is the nissan service and what will be the cost of spares compared to Swift.
Apprecaite if any BHPian has test drove the micra diesel and their feedback.
Thanks
Old 10th December 2010, 17:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Micra Diesel launched at an obnoxious price tag of 5.85 lakh and 6.33 lakh respectively (ex-showroom Mumbai). That's higher than the Swift D, the Figo and the India Vista Quadrajet. With the deletion of so many features and a tiny dealer network, why would anyone want to buy the Nissan Micra Diesel?

Cheers,

Jay
Old 10th December 2010, 17:52   #112
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Nissan Micra Diesel launched at an obnoxious price tag of 5.85 lakh and 6.33 lakh respectively (ex-showroom Mumbai). That's higher than the Swift D, the Figo and the India Vista Quadrajet.
Plus, they've had the engine since like forever.

On the face of it, the price difference between the top-end Micra petrol & diesel is 1 lakh. Par for the course. However, bring in the missing features (no ABS on the variants!!! You gotta be kidding) and the relative value is lost.
Old 10th December 2010, 18:21   #113
BANNED

Tech Specs:
Micra diesel is here NOW !-1.jpg

No Airbags and ABS on Diesel variants. Wake up NISSAN!

Micra diesel is here NOW !-2.jpg
Old 10th December 2010, 21:05   #114
BHPian

In my opinion, diesel Micra is too overpriced and likely to be a sales disaster. Nissan has got this move wrong.

Swift, Figo, punto all start from under 5 lakhs. People would hesitate to buy an expensive hatch from a brand whihc is yet to prove its worth. Of course it is my opinion, it may be wrong.

It is thumbs down for me.
Old 10th December 2010, 21:07   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
In my opinion, diesel Micra is too overpriced and likely to be a sales disaster. Nissan has got this move wrong.
The response to this thread says it all!

A new Diesel hatch launched and no comments at all!!
Old 10th December 2010, 21:21   #116
BHPian

oh..i dont think this will click in Indian Market. Currently, Swift D, Figo, i20 and Indica Vista rules. Poor pricing by Nissan India

I have seen just 1 Nissan Micra(White) Petrol in Goa
Old 10th December 2010, 21:33   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
I have seen just 1 Nissan Micra(White) Petrol in Goa
Do they have dealership in Goa?
Old 11th December 2010, 00:13   #118
BHPian

Nissan Showroom/workshop Coming up at Pillen Verna next to NH17 highway...work is going on in full swing. It is the same Millennium Auto (Ex. Fiat Showroom).

As per the info. Nanu Enterprises sells Nissan Cars in Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Do they have dealership in Goa?
Old 27th December 2010, 09:26   #119
BHPian

hey guys, i am new here.
After going through the thread, I've got a couple of questions.
I am about to pick up a diesel hatch in say three months. Short listed the Figo TDCi, the Micra diesel Xv premium and the swift 2011 DDis. The maruti dealer tells me that the 2011 swift P & D bookings open somewhere in jan with deliveries after a 4 month wait. They, according to him have recieved internal communication to this effect. And yes, a Zdi offering is promised too.
Now, I already have a swift Ldi. My main reason to change the cars is the rattling. It is unbearable for passengers. Expect the 2011 model to have it sorted out.
Currently the swift vdi retails for 6.10 on road. Then, isn't the micra diesel worth it at 6.95 on road, considering it has alloys, driver airbag, climate control, ICE, rear wash and wipe with defogger, remote locking and keyless entry and importantly, better fit and finish.
On the performance front, the micra, according to the reviews, is a better highway performer than the Figo, albeit by a small margin. And the figo does not have rear power windows, a weird omission. Though not in outright figures, the micra diesel is a more driveable car than the swift's revered multijet. Dosen't the micra sound like the most rounded package.
Your takes are appreciated as my choice of which diesel hatchback is soon to be finalised.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:21   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post
Currently the swift vdi retails for 6.10 on road. Then, isn't the micra diesel worth it at 6.95 on road, considering it has alloys, driver airbag, climate control, ICE, rear wash and wipe with defogger, remote locking and keyless entry and importantly, better fit and finish.
On the performance front, the micra, according to the reviews, is a better highway performer than the Figo, albeit by a small margin. And the figo does not have rear power windows, a weird omission. Though not in outright figures, the micra diesel is a more driveable car than the swift's revered multijet. Dosen't the micra sound like the most rounded package.
Your takes are appreciated as my choice of which diesel hatchback is soon to be finalised.
It has wafer thin service support network, average luggage space, low ground clearance. Have a look at Polo Diesel (I choice) or i20 diesel (II choice) which might cost similar but have good ground clearance and much more luggage space, impeccable build quality. i20 has metter feature set though (dead pedal, cooled glove box, etc.).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks