Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 15:45   #31
BHPian

Re: First "x" services free.. A sham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@tsk1979: I agree with you to some extent. Labour for all jobs in the free service shouls be included. I remember once the Hyundai dealer wanted to charge me for the wheel balancing. When I pointed it out that it was part of the 3rd service that went out. Then at the end he wanted to bill me some Rs.60 odd for the weights. I said fine, but will pay under protest and write a note on the voucher and take it up with Hyundai. That too went out.

Also, watch out for the engine decoke, radiator flush, nitrogen fill, etc. they try and foist on you. I just write no additional jobs without my consent on the service sheet in Capitals.

I may add that in the first two services for my Civic I paid Rs.ZERO (well Rs.20 for a fuse I had blown).
I got my celerio (2nd free service) serviced at Sai Service (Deccan, Pune) today. The car has done 5k kms and the SA said that they would be rotating the tyres and as a result wheel balancing and alignment would also need to be done. Ended up paying close to 1100 rupees (most of this is labor cost) for this.
Nitrogen was also filled into the tyres - this was just told to me but now I realize that I should have specifically asked him not to do it.
Since I have already made the payment, I plan to write to their customer service asking for an explanation.

I should have read this thread before going in for the service!

Most Viewed