Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 16:48   #61
BANNED

Thanks for clarifying guys.

Apart from tyre noise (where under-body coat could probably help), in my observation the cabin in general doesn't filter out the ambient noise sufficiently. You press the horn (engine is off, for example), you can hear the horn almost as loud as the outsiders do. Can get irksome if you want to have a quiet drive at the end of the day. Any takers?
Old 8th October 2010, 10:12   #62
BHPian

As per the Honda Advertisement in newspapers today, LE stands for Leather Edition, not Limited Edition.

Wonder how many such variants may come out.
FLE - Fog Lamp Edition
CCE - Climatic Control Edition
PBE - Premium Brand Edition
CDE - CD Edition
EE - Expensive Edition

Sorry Mods, i was so amused to see it in the papers today
Old 8th October 2010, 10:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
As per the Honda Advertisement in newspapers today, LE stands for Leather Edition, not Limited Edition.

Wonder how many such variants may come out.
FLE - Fog Lamp Edition
CCE - Climatic Control Edition
PBE - Premium Brand Edition
CDE - CD Edition
EE - Expensive Edition

Sorry Mods, i was so amused to see it in the papers today
Hahah. That is really amusing !
Old 8th October 2010, 10:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Limited Editions ?? Why oh why ??

One thing I can never quite understand. Instead of the so called "Limited Editions" (some with UGLY graphics), why can't companies give a super duper discount ??

That would surely attract many a buyer sitting on the fence, rather than adding a chrome strip here, an ugly decal there !! Increased warranty or FREE services would be far more useful, IMHO

I guess their sales & marketing "strategists" know better !

Cheers
Old 8th October 2010, 11:29   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
The other side of my smallish brain says some other car should be there to make Hondy guys think about the obscene price of their vehicles.
Exact reason why we need more competition in this segment. Honda is getting away with pricing their products always on the extreme higher end. They have not learnt lessons from Jazz experience as City is giving the volume.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:32   #66
BANNED

I have even seen dealer specific limited editions in the UK. Put a badge and some trinkets.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:22   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the "Leather Edition" advert and was tempted to call Honda thinking its offered at the same price as the V. Why on earth would anyone pay MORE for an alreay overpriced car? Someone please tell Honda they are solving the wrong problem!
Old 8th October 2010, 14:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

With the arrival of the Vento, I'd hoped that Honda would wake up & smell the coffee but it looks like they couldn't be bothered.

And actually calling it a Leather Edition - ROTFL! Isn't this something that should have always been there on the top end variant

Last edited by suman : 8th October 2010 at 14:27.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:52   #69
BHPian

Looks like the new Urban Titanium Metallic is not an additional color but has replaced their popular Polished Metal Metallic color.

It would have been much better for Honda to have released an SV version having Climate control and larger tires (with that lovely 16 inch alloy design) - not mentioning all the other stuff - only the two most significant omissions from an otherwise wonderful car.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:02   #70
Senior - BHPian

The chrome on the door handles is an eyesore for me. I hope that is not standard accross the variant.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

The chrome window moulding looks hideous and cheap.
Old 8th October 2010, 23:55   #72
BHPian

I totally agree with prince_pervez and sidindica with respect to chrome in the new City. The core design is very sporty and the so-called luxurious chrome in Honda speak is an eyesore. There was a time when I was keenly considering buying City and my choice was the S-MT solely because it didn't have chrome overdose and ugly silver door beading on the door pads. Wonder what market surveys Honda comes out with at times, like in Jazz, black interiors is badly missed in City.
Old 24th December 2010, 21:19   #73
BHPian

Re: Honda City LE : Limited Edition. EDIT : Launched!

Slightly OT, but does someone know if ANHC is planning to launch another edition/variant with Automatic climate control anytime soon? I'm sure that's the major feedback they are getting from the prospective customers.

Will Honda listen to it?
Old 1st February 2011, 19:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Slightly OT, but does someone know if ANHC is planning to launch another edition/variant with Automatic climate control anytime soon? I'm sure that's the major feedback they are getting from the prospective customers.

Will Honda listen to it?
I doubt if it will happen soon. Maybe near year end to boost Diwali sales. Also, they should contemplate putting in 16 inchers to increase the ground clearance. I suppose they are focusing more on Jazz's facelift and launch of Brio after the minor upgrades to Civic. Mostly, City upgrades will come after Brio launch.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 1st February 2011 at 19:15.
Old 1st February 2011, 19:16   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post

Will Honda listen to it?
Oh i'm sure they're well aware of it. It's classic Honda strategy to release tid bits to keep the model fresh every other year. Last year it was the alloys on the VMT, and now the LE. (The civic now has sun roofs in the top variant!)

I'm guessing next year. It really needs it!

Most Viewed