Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2006, 09:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

" Chevorlet Aveo U-VA, 1.4liter and 92 ps, Chevorlet Aveo, 1.6 liter and 104 ps, and Chevorlet Optra SRV, 1.6 liter and 104 ps,"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...32,curpg-4.cms

Check the pix. Seems these would be on our roads within 5 months.
Old 19th January 2006, 10:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
" Chevorlet Aveo U-VA, 1.4liter and 92 ps, Chevorlet Aveo, 1.6 liter and 104 ps, and Chevorlet Optra SRV, 1.6 liter and 104 ps,"
Doesnt that sound like the existing Corsa engine transplanted into a new body ??

Hope the Aveo does better than the Corsa Sail hatchback - it was a lovely ride, but somehow it was a bit too early for the premium hatchback market - and had very highly priced spares.
Old 19th January 2006, 14:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Optra looks wow. I didnt like the Aveo hatch much:( But heard its spacey as teh Getz or maybe more!
Old 19th January 2006, 17:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Optra Sports?? is it a hatch or a sedan?? Seems to be a Hatch to me??
Whats the specs?
Old 19th January 2006, 18:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...al_Motors.html says the SRV is a 1.8?? Whats its price going to be?? Any Clue any one and also is it a hatch. If its is, its going to be the costliest one and so i hope Chevvy have ABS, Air Bags on offer.
Old 19th January 2006, 22:10   #21
BHPian

SRV will it sell or just like palio fusion be a car which is loved by all for all reasons except price... i understand its got everything a top end c+segment car has but its actually a b+segment car trying to emulate a c segment.palio did not sell coz of price and the model is near its death despite the tat alliance (only diesel sells and tata says no diesel palios in their garage)fusion never kicked even after the discounts think. how many of you might opt for srv or may be baleno fiesta siwft ..6l+ can get me innova thats what i can happy with
Old 20th January 2006, 00:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

i'm guessing that the optra SRV is the much touted optra hatch; if so, it's quite a looker, and might have the capability to give many-a-sedan a run for their money; and whaddya know, perhaps honda might get inspired and launch their hot little civic hatch here...

as for the aveo- from what i've read from different articles elsewhere, auto-mags and others do not claim the aveo to be a winner on any specific count; it's just an all-rounder, and doesn't excel in any particular area as such; perhaps a direct competitor to the getz (the hatch variant) and the accent (in the sedan variant)....GM might have a much better chance of scoring success with the spark- but aveo's case seems bleaky...
Old 20th January 2006, 17:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Now the Optra hatch is out Honda is planing to get the Jazz and hot the hatch market.

What is the Optra Sports? Is it the Optra 5?

Or

Last edited by BUSA : 20th January 2006 at 17:31.
Old 21st January 2006, 02:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

what i want GM to do is bring back the Opel Brand. If luxruy cars are brought in at a proper price and proper specs opel can still sell in India.
Old 21st January 2006, 12:13   #25
BHPian

Opel is a brilliant brand, i still remember my astra very fondly. It was probably the first car with rock solid build, stability and excellent interior finishing. It was an overall A class car according to me.
Old 21st January 2006, 17:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
as for the aveo- from what i've read from different articles elsewhere, auto-mags and others do not claim the aveo to be a winner on any specific count; it's just an all-rounder, and doesn't excel in any particular area as such; perhaps a direct competitor to the getz (the hatch variant) and the accent (in the sedan variant)....GM might have a much better chance of scoring success with the spark- but aveo's case seems bleaky...
The best-selling cars in the C+ segment and below are those all-rounders without a one-point-USP.

The Aveo is not a well known brand abroad, but it does a lot for very little money and that may make it a winner here.
Old 21st January 2006, 18:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
what i want GM to do is bring back the Opel Brand. If luxruy cars are brought in at a proper price and proper specs opel can still sell in India.
It will take lot of efforts from GM
as for bringing in Opel brand, I couldn't care less about brand if they bring in cars from Opel
GM has put Chevrolet brand as VFM in India & might bring in another brand as Luxury to take market above C+ segment
Old 23rd January 2006, 16:14   #28
BHPian

I still feel Gm cars will be a hard sell in india. They just dont have the presence yet with a known brand name. GM the brand: does not carry the confidence of the car buying public to that extent yet!!
Old 24th January 2006, 02:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
It will take lot of efforts from GM
as for bringing in Opel brand, I couldn't care less about brand if they bring in cars from Opel
GM has put Chevrolet brand as VFM in India & might bring in another brand as Luxury to take market above C+ segment

I just went to the vauxhall and Opel websites and there is not really any good car that GM can launch in India due to price constraints.
Old 24th January 2006, 06:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I just went to the vauxhall and Opel websites and there is not really any good car that GM can launch in India due to price constraints.
They can sell New Astra without much electric gizmos, the car is quite a looker

or Meriva as family car can be sold under 10L price range (but it would compete directly with Optra)

or the new Vectra

obviously GM will have to manufacture all these cars in India because of stupid tax structure in our country

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks