Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2005, 22:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

GM ready to launch 4 Cars in 2006??

Hi,

Just heared in News and read in Tribune Business news that GM will launch 4 new cars in 2006. According to the sources GM will launch 3 car in the first end on 2006 and 1 at the end of 2006. The cars which GM are planning to launch in first end of 2006 are a Hatchback (Probably Aveo Hatch), a Sedan (Most probably Aveo Sedan edition) and a Sports Model of OPTRA..

The one model that will be launched in late 2006 will be Matiz/Spark.. The GM vice president India said they are launching these chevy brands cosidering better FE to the customers...

Old 4th December 2005, 03:49   #2
Max
BHPian

why everybody says maintenance of GM cars is high ?
Old 4th December 2005, 10:35   #3
BHPian

well, i did hear that GM is launching these cars...
1.Hatchback version of Optra,
2.Aveo Hatchback
3.Aveo SEDAN ( this is saw in the Autocar Magazine)

what else have they got in mind?

well, about the Matiz/Spark, i had read that that would come very late, maybe in 2007 or 2008.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 4th December 2005 at 10:36.
Old 4th December 2005, 21:26   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

GM is launching a new car, and then different variants. Cant necessarily say that its 4 new cars in the year.

Butttttttttttttttttttt I like what GM is doing with its portfolio. They have a great MUV, a well priced C+ segmenter and now potentially the Aveo. I have a feeling they are going to price it exceedingly well.

Its going to be an exciting 2006!

Quote:
I dont think so. Some of my friends are extremely happy with the Tavera (commercial use) and the Optra comes with a 4 year warranty coverage.

GTO
Old 4th December 2005, 22:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Ya everyone who has bought tavera is very happy with car. I have driven it once and i must say dont go on the oudated looks of tavera and think of it like Qualis.. The pickup of tavera is great..

Also GM decreased the prices of their spares by 30%..
Old 5th December 2005, 13:40   #6
BHPian

Tavera indeed is a good deal...especially the offer of 5 Year warranty was great! lot of ppl bought the Taveras during that time! and now that Qualis is gone for good, Tavera has a great market.

@GTO: The Aveo is supposed to be priced between 4-5 lk.as per Autocar., The Optra Hatch will be around 75k less than the Sedan.
Old 5th December 2005, 14:06   #7
BHPian

I have heard from the tavera owners that the ride is bumpy. Even yesterday one of my friends family who have hired tavera from coimbatore to bangalore where complaining about it.
Old 18th January 2006, 20:28   #8
BHPian

GM officially launched the aveo in Delhi today. For more info check the link http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...al_Motors.html
Old 18th January 2006, 21:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
GM was well know for their high spares costs.
So they reduced the cost of their spares and used it as a publicity gimmick to boost sales. They also cut down on their quality.
They also had a comparison of the spares of different cars in the same segment and the cost afer reduction. Inspite of the reduction Maruti spares were way cheaper...
Old 18th January 2006, 23:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they reduced the cost of their spares and used it as a publicity gimmick to boost sales.
Nothing wrong with that. If the only reason people don't want to buy a car is because of expensive spares, then it's only fair that the company communicates the fact that they have reduced spares of their models.

Quote:
They also cut down on their quality.
What makes you say that? Optra performed better then the all mighty Toyota Corolla in the IQS in this years J.D.Power Survey. Still people keep harping on Toyota quality and poor non-Japanese cars quality.

Quote:
Inspite of the reduction Maruti spares were way cheaper...
Compare apples to apples. Despite reduction TVS spares are way cheaper then Maruti. Does that mean Maruti spares are costly?

Last edited by amit : 18th January 2006 at 23:04.
Old 19th January 2006, 07:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

GM launched 3 cars last day. It was fast! So the war begins...
Old 19th January 2006, 07:31   #12
BHPian

Any idea about when they would launch in Hyd / bangalore...
what are the cost of these cars...
Old 19th January 2006, 08:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dont know about the others, but the GM owners I know are a happy lot. No major issues have been discussed about the Optra, while the Tavera is doing commercial duty very successfully. It is reportedly much more fuel efficient than the erstwhile Qualis, though the engine is not as smooth. It also looks better and some of the aftermarket customizations I have seen make the Tavera look pretty good - it doesnt look like an MUV...
Old 19th January 2006, 08:38   #14
BHPian

GM launches 3 new cars...

NEW DELHI: General Motors India on Wednesday launched three new cars in the Indian markets, including a premium hatchback and said the company was looking to corner a 10 per cent market share by 2010.

The three cars launched by the company are the premium Hatchback, Aveo U-VA, Sedan Aveo and sports back Optra SRV.

General Motor India president, Mr Rajeev Chaba said, "the Chevrolet was among the fastest growing car brands in India and would push up the company's sales on a higher trajectory."

"GM regards India as one of the key markets for investments," he said, adding that the company would be more aggressive in its approach.
GM is also extending capacity at its Halol plant in Gujarat from 60,000 units to 85,000 units with an investment of Rs 100 crore.

The company is also opening two additional parts distribution centre one each in Maharashtra and Delhi to compliment the existing ones at Halol and Chennai.

Refusing to specify the details of the new car he said they would carry engine displacements between 1.4 and 1.8 litres. - PTI

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/02181507.htm
Old 19th January 2006, 08:43   #15
BHPian

Aveo U-VA is expected to be priced at 3.8-4.2 lakh, while the Aveo is expected to be at 6.5-7Lakh.

Aveo U-VA will be having a 1.4 litre engine and the Aveo will have a 1.6 engine.

Above all info from "sources".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks