Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 16:57   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys, these pictures are already on team-bhp. Please read the thread on this subject. It is not an all new safari, but a revision.
Old 4th October 2010, 17:06   #32
BHPian

Does that mean we have a Refresh and an All New in such a short time ?

Someone Please Explain
Old 11th October 2010, 08:35   #33
BHPian

I am confused now, I was almost on the verge of booking a LX, but then comes this news.

With the 10-12 days of Safari delivery waiting periods, and incase the refreshed one comes out to be a not so good one, I am afraid that I will lose to buy the existing ones and be dumped with the new one which may not be to my liking.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:26   #34
BHPian

Shantanu, just go ahead and book your LX. I was also confused, but there is no concrete information on Safari Refresh, so no point in waiting.
And even if it comes, it might be just cosmetic.

I booked my LX Sept 18th, then my color choice wasn't available, and then I changed my booking to EX, now dealer has said will need another 2 weeks to get the same. Been a long wait for me just to get the current Safari. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:44   #35
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Shantanu, just go ahead and book your LX. I was also confused, but there is no concrete information on Safari Refresh, so no point in waiting.
And even if it comes, it might be just cosmetic.

I booked my LX Sept 18th, then my color choice wasn't available, and then I changed my booking to EX, now dealer has said will need another 2 weeks to get the same. Been a long wait for me just to get the current Safari. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck.
Be aware of TATA dealers on this one. Its a common ploy to get you to buy a more expensive version. This has happened too many times to too many people now.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Be aware of TATA dealers on this one. Its a common ploy to get you to buy a more expensive version. This has happened too many times to too many people now.
Don't think that is the case here. It was entirely my choice to go for EX, and the dealer never asked me to go for a higher version when I booked LX. The delay, I think, is more to do with number of shipments this dealer makes from the plant. Being a smaller dealer, has fewer shipments I think each month and doesn't want to have a shipment just for my Safari alone...
Old 11th October 2010, 13:27   #37
Team-BHP Support

No matter which safari 4x4 you buy (EX,GX,VX) a special shipment is done for you as no dealer has 4x4s in stock. Thats why delivery time is 3-4 weeks.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:48   #38

Its already mid oct here, and no news of the refresh.
considering the larger bunisess scape, there have been lot of brand refreshes of late, so the one idscussed here may actually be a brand refresh, as opposed to a product refresh.

what this means is that possibly to align Safari's positioning with the current times (as opposed to 14 years back), they may have new tagline, newer marketing literature, appeal to a different aspiration.

the product in itself may not change at all.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No matter which safari 4x4 you buy (EX,GX,VX) a special shipment is done for you as no dealer has 4x4s in stock. Thats why delivery time is 3-4 weeks.
Not just the 4X4 but even the 4X2 are out of stock at dealers as the festive season has just started and there are a lot of guys rushing to buy the safari,

The 2 dealers in Gurgaon has sold more than 12 Safari's between them over this weekend. I had actually gone to buy a black LX but by the time I reached the dealer, he had already sold 3 of his stock cars and I now have to wait approx 10 days till the shipment arrives.
Old 11th October 2010, 17:31   #40
BHPian

Refresh may be limited to LX and EX models getting new beige interiors(including plastics) instead of the grey interiors earlier. Or is this already available?
Old 11th October 2010, 18:00   #41
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Refresh may be limited to LX and EX models getting new beige interiors(including plastics) instead of the grey interiors earlier. Or is this already available?
I think the EX had it from before and my friends LX bought a month ago also had the beige interiors and the nice blue clocks
Old 19th October 2010, 02:03   #42
BHPian

Refresh of safari is planned for January, 2011.

Source: Tata to launch three utility vehicles by next year - Corporate News - livemint.com

Interesting the article also talks about a new premium suv.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

There's a similar article on Business Line too.

Quote:
We will launch a new SUV positioned above the Safari based on the X2 platform used on the Aria. We are also working on larger capacity engines, over the 2.2 litre DiCOR used in the Safari Aria, but no details are currently available,” said the official from the Tata Motor's technical team
So the new SUV based on Aria is not All New Safari, but a different vehicle with a different name altogether?
And the good old Safari won't go anywhere for more time to come!

Source: The Hindu Business Line : Tata Motors turns focus to premium market

Last edited by safari_lover : 19th October 2010 at 11:13.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Refresh of safari is planned for January, 2011.

Source: Tata to launch three utility vehicles by next year - Corporate News - livemint.com

Interesting the article also talks about a new premium suv.
Was going to make a post about my apprehensions whenever I see a "unconfirmed sources" kind of news, but then, when more of them are there, something might actually be brewing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
There's a similar article on Business Line too.

So the new SUV based on Aria is not All New Safari, but a different vehicle with a different name altogether?
And the good old Safari won't go anywhere for more time to come!

Source: The Hindu Business Line : Tata Motors turns focus to premium market
So, a Safari (or maybe a totally new name?) on the Aria platform, with the gizmos, will be just what is going to give few competitors nightmares. The pricing will definitely be 20lak+ (if they plan to keep the Safari), or may be across a wide range (but leading to too many inventory tracking!).

All assumptions!
Old 19th October 2010, 13:14   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The most logical thing to do will be to continue the current generation Safari to compete with the Scorpio and launch a new Aria based SUV to compete with the CBU/CKD Inmports and new Global SUV from Mahindra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed