Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 17:39   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tata Nano : EDIT, Now available off the shelf EVERYWHERE!

Highpoints:

- Tata Motors today announced open sales of the Tata Nano in the state of Maharashtra.

- Residents of Maharashtra, who are desirous of driving home a Tata Nano but had not booked the car during 2009, will be able to purchase a Tata Nano now.

- Customers will be able to test drive the Nano across all Tata Motors dealerships.

- Tata Motors’ new 250,000 cars/year plant at Sanand (Gujarat) is fully operational.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Same for UP, WB and Karnataka states.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Highpoints:

- Tata Motors today announced open sales of the Tata Nano in the state of Maharashtra.

- Residents of Maharashtra, who are desirous of driving home a Tata Nano but had not booked the car during 2009, will be able to purchase a Tata Nano now.

- Customers will be able to test drive the Nano across all Tata Motors dealerships.

- Tata Motors’ new 250,000 cars/year plant at Sanand (Gujarat) is fully operational.
Thank you fr the news. It means that soon it will be available off the shelf across the country.

However, I have heard about some suppliers not being able to match the production requirements, due to which there were lesser deliveries in last month. Please let us have your inputs on this as well GTO.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

its available of the self in Chandigarh for past 2 months but not yellow colour nanos
Old 5th October 2010, 18:11   #5
BHPian

I want to buy one, but waiting for them to add PS and have a system to open the dicky door, wonder when this will happen.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

That's a fantastic news & I was expecting it not so soon. But this also means, there's going to be a mad rush & chaotic traffic.

I wonder how long its going to take for them to be operational in Chennai. People will flock to Tata showroom to grab one & soon we can start hearing the stories on long waiting period.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thats really good news. But is there any price escalation as well attached with this or is TML continuing with the introductory price only.

Need to tell this to wifey as she is looking forward to buying it .
Old 6th October 2010, 00:16   #8
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

nano sales seem to be a worry, its a brillant car, but somehow the sales / deliveries dropped to 5K range last month from 8-9k range of the earlier 2 months, indicates an inadeqate order book.

Hope people take to this car car in a bigger way, I personally feel it should sell more than the 39k per month alto, at it's price point but it doesn't.
Old 6th October 2010, 07:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I want to buy one, but waiting for them to add PS and have a system to open the dicky door, wonder when this will happen.
In India custom build cars are still a far dream, even in 30 Lakhs bracket so expecting it in 1.5 Lakh is a very tall order IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
nano sales seem to be a worry, its a brillant car, but somehow the sales / deliveries dropped to 5K range last month from 8-9k range of the earlier 2 months, indicates an inadeqate order book.

Hope people take to this car car in a bigger way, I personally feel it should sell more than the 39k per month alto, at it's price point but it doesn't.
Chequered flag has just dropped !
Lets wait to finish some legs and see the possible outcome.

IMO beginning has just begun.

Cheers
Old 6th October 2010, 07:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In kerala also, I believe its readily available.

There were ads in local newspapers, with the NANO being shown 'readily available now'
Old 6th October 2010, 09:01   #11
BHPian

This is the very good news for indian Auto Industry & it also confirms that now, the production of Tata Nano is in a full swing at Tata Motors Sanand Plant in Gujrat.
Today's Hindustan Times also confirms this news. The news says that Tata Nano will now be readily available in Tata Motors Showrooms in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal after it is made readily available in Tata Motors showrooms in Kerala from this August.
Old 6th October 2010, 10:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked with the Gurgaon dealer some days back, Nano is available off the shelf here as well.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:09   #13
BHPian

I called a couple of Tata Motors showrooms in Mumbai (Concorde), the Test Drive is possible, and the top-end on-road price the sales rep told me was 2.16 lakhs (Mumbai).

Will get a TD this weekend.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 6th October 2010, 13:45   #14
BHPian

Today thre was big add in Times of India Bangalore.

It is quoted the EMI as low as 2k per month with downpayment of 24K.

Loans tenure is available from 3 years to 7 years
Old 6th October 2010, 16:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
In kerala also, I believe its readily available.

There were ads in local newspapers, with the NANO being shown 'readily available now'
Open sales of Nano had started in kerala, sometime back in August itself!

Source-
Open sales of Tata Nano start

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks