Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 02:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Also, this vehicle is under 4 meters so would be in the lower tax bracket.
Yes. This seems to be the new untapped market of compact MPV's clearly demonstrated by the Eco. Maruti will follow suit with their R3. I hope Toyota is listening and get the Avanza in soon too. It would need some trimming though to get inside the 4m mark.
Old 7th October 2010, 08:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Aria has been testing in and around Pune for years now. I have also seen it parked a few times at the Pandit auto showroom near Tilak road. Its time TATA launch the Aria and push the Toyota Innova.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Tata has brought in original angry young man of Indian Cinema as the brand ambassador for the product. (Oh! by the way if you are still guessing, it is Amitabh Bachchan)
11th October is also Amitabh's Birthday! Hmm so there appears to have gone deep thinking into the timing of launch and marketing stretegies.
Old 7th October 2010, 17:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Excuse me, @akhilesh51- what is the new mascot of indica that you told about?
The venture looks exciting as well as promising except for the absence of front bonnet, even if if FMR layout, they could have atleast put something like the EECO or Hiace,a little bit of bonnet bulge.
Also they should look at the indica sport as an option(atleast the bodykit).
Anyway hail the ARIA, what i can't wait for are the rest of the X2 platform derivatives.The next generation of Tata SUVs/MUVs/trucks.
Old 7th October 2010, 19:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The venture looks exciting as well as promising except for the absence of front bonnet, even if if FMR layout, they could have atleast put something like the EECO or Hiace,a little bit of bonnet bulge.
I think tata is trying to maximize the internal space while keeping it under 4 meters. That might be the only reason for the lack of front bonnet. Do you have any particular reason for wanting the front bonnet apart from looks.
Old 8th October 2010, 00:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Mmmmm.......

Thats an exhaustive launch list but theres even more left, although we dont know when the following will be launched:

Iris:

Although not the most glamorous, the potential volumes of a cheap 4 wheeled autorickshaw replacement is huge. Its evident Tata has put a lot of thought into this product, especially the single cylinder diesel developed with Greaves.

Nano (Diesel/CVT trans variants):

These models will have even more demand than the existing standard variant. I dont know why Tata is delaying this especially now the sales are stabilizing.

Dolphin project (the rumoured small car)
Iris or Magic Iris is already launched and I saw a couple on Jaipur roads few days back.

Nano Diesel is still in test phase and could take some time.

Correct me on this but AFAIK, Dolphin project is the magic Iris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Any news if the Venture is going to be sold from passenger car dealerships or from CV dealerships ?
Venture will be sold by both Passenger Cars dealers as well as LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle) Dealerships. Under a new policy, Tata may even shift Winger, Sumo and Sumo Grande to LCV and Passenger car dealers simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Excuse me, @akhilesh51- what is the new mascot of indica that you told about?
The Indica Vista Sticker is now changed. Earlier, in the sticker Indica was bigger and Vista Smaller. Now, Vista is predominant in their mascot.
Old 8th October 2010, 00:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
11th October is also Amitabh's Birthday! Hmm so there appears to have gone deep thinking into the timing of launch and marketing stretegies.
Why did Tata is giving the commission of the car to Big B. Rather Tata can pass this benefit to the actual customer This may bring down the cost of the car quite a few thousand.
Old 8th October 2010, 01:03   #23
BHPian

New Mascot vs Old Mascot

Major Unveilings by Tata Motors on October 11, 2010-untitled1.jpg
Old 8th October 2010, 02:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Why did Tata is giving the commission of the car to Big B. Rather Tata can pass this benefit to the actual customer This may bring down the cost of the car quite a few thousand.
Exactly my thought. Tata products don't need celebrity endorsement in india. I think this is the first time a celebrity is roped in by tata motors for it's products.
Old 8th October 2010, 02:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New Mascot vs Old Mascot
You meant Badge? Thanks for the comparo pics this looks like what they did with the Sumo Grande.

Quote:
Exactly my thought. Tata products don't need celebrity endorsement in india. I think this is the first time a celebrity is roped in by tata motors for it's products.
+1
Just have to look at the Safari ads to understand how to Really build brand recognition and ownership desire in people (Excluding the latest "I can't believe it" ads)
Old 8th October 2010, 13:35   #26
BHPian

It is good to see that TML is doing something to reduce the vista variants. Vista sales is reducing over the last few months and I am not sure enough has been done.

Other new entrants like ARIA, Venture and Iris(All India Launch) should do well and I hope TML has more focus on initial build quality.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:39   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think tata is trying to maximize the internal space while keeping it under 4 meters. That might be the only reason for the lack of front bonnet. Do you have any particular reason for wanting the front bonnet apart from looks.
Nope friend, nothing to do with the looks, i just love the mini-Hiace looks.
The matter is however advanced with integrated crumple zones or things like that it's better to have some sheet metal depth between us and the front traffic.
Can definitely vouch for the maximum space utilisation having an Omni(1991) for 19 years in the household.
Also the steering wheel design,but that's highly subjective and personal,also Tata is trying to maximise parts sharing.
But, at 4 lakhs the Venture is a steal

Last edited by DicKy : 8th October 2010 at 17:46.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:

There is also a rumour of refreshed Tata Safari this month but it has so far not been substantiated by any reliable sources. Hence, same has not been included in the list. But, wouldn't we be happy to have it anyways!

So, Get ready for a dhamaka by Tata Motors this October!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I had a chat with the CM area sales manager and as per his statement, its on Jan 2011, a minor facelift is coming, nothing on October 2010, but it contradicts TML MD's statement that was in Car India Anyway, lets wait and see.

Prem.
The autocar (india) october issue says Face lifted Safari to be launched Feb 2011.
price range : Rs. 8.10L-12.30L

Three people found three different launch dates . I guess that just proves the launch is not concrete yet. So i guess it could happen anytime from now till the middle of 2011 i think.

Last edited by amrisharm : 8th October 2010 at 17:55.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:46   #29
BHPian

Launching refreshed Safari and Aria together will not be a good idea for Tata unless the Safari changes are very very miniscule. It will obviously steal some attention from Aria and Tata would not like that. I see a high possibility there will be no Safari launch of any kind on 11th Oct.

Last edited by the VTEC guy : 8th October 2010 at 18:48.
Old 11th October 2010, 17:05   #30
BHPian

Seems that the Aria thread is garnering all the attention. There is no mention on the WWW except on TBHP about the Venture's launch.

Akhilesh, Sid : Any more info/scoop on the Venture, guys?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed