Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 15:06   #1
BHPian

Major Unveilings by Tata Motors on October 11, 2010

By now, most bhp-ians already know that much awaited Tata Aria is to be launched on October 11, 2010 for sales across India. But, now it seems that Tata Motors has a lot more in its duffle bag than just the lifestyle crossover.

Here is a lowdown on Tata's plans for October 11, 2010 :

Tata Aria : Starting with the obvious, much publicized and awaited Tata Aria will finally be on sale from this day. A grand launch party is planned and if rumours are to be believed, Tata has brought in original angry young man of Indian Cinema as the brand ambassador for the product. (Oh! by the way if you are still guessing, it is Amitabh Bachchan)

It seems Tata is taking no chances with this product whether it is with product positioning, online campaign or overall marketing. Cars have already reached most major dealerships across nation and is estimated to cost around 12 - 16 Lac, though final pricing has varied among most sources.

Major Unveilings by Tata Motors on October 11, 2010-motoroids_tata_aria_auto_expo005.jpeg

Major Unveilings by Tata Motors on October 11, 2010-tata-aria-copy_0.jpeg

Tata Venture : Hiding under the spot lights of Tata Aria is another new product from Tata Motors aimed at revolutionizing the otherwise mundane segment of Vans. Based on the Tata Winger platform, Venture aims to capitalise on the lack of products in van segment and is hell bent to break Maruti Suzuki monopoly.

By the looks of it, Tata actually has quite a good chance of achieving its target. Both Eeco and Van, though selling in good numbers, are compromise at the very best for customers of this segment. Venture intends to bring options that are sure to lure customers. Venture is powered by Tata's reliable and trusted 1.4 ltr CR4 engine as well as newly introduced 1.4 ltr Turbomax engine both compliant to BSIV norms. Further, it is laced with all the normal features of a mid-range sedan thus not leaving a van customer wanting more.

Venture is expected to cost between 4 - 6 Lac.

Even on design front, Tata's product is a lot more pleasing to one's eye than Eeco or Van.

Major Unveilings by Tata Motors on October 11, 2010-tataventure00.jpeg

Indica Vista Refresh : Indica Vista too has gone under the knife and will be presented in a new avatar for sale from this month. Some of the highlights of the new version are:
  1. New Mascot
  2. Aura Model now stands discontinued
  3. New Black & Beige dual tone interiors

There is also going to be minor increase in prices with the new version. This is the reason behind no price increase in vista models earlier this month.

Major Unveilings by Tata Motors on October 11, 2010-refresh_vista.jpg

Other major features are highlighted in the separate dedicated thread. Vista Refresh also discontinues all Safire (Petrol) Variants above Aqua. Why? Read On...

Tata Indica Vista 90 BHP : Tata has brought in new engine from stable mate FIAT which will now be plonked into a much more power packed Indica Vista Safire range. As goes the name, The new petrol engine will provide 90BHP of power to rival most premium hatchbacks in the country today. It will be available is Aura ABS and Aura + variants of Safire range and comply to BSIV norms.

There is also a rumour of refreshed Tata Safari this month but it has so far not been substantiated by any reliable sources. Hence, same has not been included in the list. But, wouldn't we be happy to have it anyways!

So, Get ready for a dhamaka by Tata Motors this October!!!
Old 6th October 2010, 15:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Is there any change to the styling of the Vista?
Old 6th October 2010, 15:19   #3
h14
BHPian

Hi akhilesh51, thanks for sharing the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Tata Indica Vista 90 BHP : Tata has brought in new engine from stable mate FIAT which will now be plonked into a much more power packed Indica Vista Safire range. As goes the name, The new petrol engine will provide 90BHP of power to rival most premium hatchbacks in the country today. It will be available is Aura ABS and Aura + variants of Safire range and comply to BSIV norms.
But I thought the Vista 90 BHP was Diesel! As far as I knew, the Vista was to be plonked with the 90 Bhp motor from the Punto 90 HP.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Nice! Is there any change to the styling of the Vista?
More on Vista Refresh on this thread:

Tata Indica Vista Refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Hi akhilesh51, thanks for sharing the info.

But I thought the Vista 90 BHP was Diesel! As far as I knew, the Vista was to be plonked with the 90 Bhp motor from the Punto 90 HP.
Currently, Tata only plans to upgrade the Petrol motor in Indica Vista. This has already been discussed in detail on this thread :

Tata Indica Vista Ignis
Old 6th October 2010, 15:56   #5
BHPian

Thanx Akhilesh for this info...

Any information regarding spec / veriant / feature of the TATA VENTURE ??

Its really a Eco killer.
I already spotted this car in pune. Also posted the pics in the appropriate thread.
Old 6th October 2010, 16:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would like Venture to be launched soon. It looks a great economy vehicle. It can do good business in taxi segment as it will be able to carry more than 5 people. Currently most taxis are 4 seater only. (Driver + 4). So it can do good business. Also disel will give it good economy as well which can beat all the petrol models like Van & Eeco.
Old 6th October 2010, 16:14   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That's great news.
going by the price of venture, it is higher than Eeco.

Waiting for the launch date.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:55   #8
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Currently, Tata only plans to upgrade the Petrol motor in Indica Vista. This has already been discussed in detail on this thread :
Tata Indica Vista Ignis
Thanks for the clarification akhilesh51.
Old 6th October 2010, 18:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
There is also a rumour of refreshed Tata Safari this month but it has so far not been substantiated by any reliable sources. Hence, same has not been included in the list. But, wouldn't we be happy to have it anyways!
I had a chat with the CM area sales manager and as per his statement, its on Jan 2011, a minor facelift is coming, nothing on October 2010, but it contradicts TML MD's statement that was in Car India Anyway, lets wait and see.

Prem.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Venture seems to be a good-looking. It makes sense to price it competitively vis-a-vis Eeco. As far as I know, it is the first diesel vehicle in that segment if one disregards the erstwhile Mahindra Voyager. Iris was hideous but this looks handsome in photos.

Last edited by simplyself : 6th October 2010 at 21:11.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mmmmm.......

Thats an exhaustive launch list but theres even more left, although we dont know when the following will be launched:

Iris:

Although not the most glamorous, the potential volumes of a cheap 4 wheeled autorickshaw replacement is huge. Its evident Tata has put a lot of thought into this product, especially the single cylinder diesel developed with Greaves.

Nano (Diesel/CVT trans variants):

These models will have even more demand than the existing standard variant. I dont know why Tata is delaying this especially now the sales are stabilizing.

Dolphin project (the rumoured small car)
Old 6th October 2010, 21:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

The pricing will pay a key factor if the venture has to be a success. Aria meanwhile will have to slug it out bad as Innova is a market leader in that segment and given our mindset how many of us would be willing to shell out 12-16 lakhs for a TATA?
Old 6th October 2010, 22:07   #13
BHPian

Thanks Akhilesh for the info. About the Venture, is it based on the Winger or the Ace platform ? The Winger is a rebadged old Renault Traffic. Any news if the Venture is going to be sold from passenger car dealerships or from CV dealerships ?

The pricing is definitely very interesting but I wonder if it would have any airbags, ABS etc. Do you have any further info about the Venture?

Last edited by indivic : 6th October 2010 at 22:11.
Old 7th October 2010, 00:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Thanks Akhilesh for the info. About the Venture, is it based on the Winger or the Ace platform ? The Winger is a rebadged old Renault Traffic. Any news if the Venture is going to be sold from passenger car dealerships or from CV dealerships ?

The pricing is definitely very interesting but I wonder if it would have any airbags, ABS etc. Do you have any further info about the Venture?
Venture is based on the Super Ace platform. And since it aims for the MPV segment, it will be sold thru the passenger car dealers.
As for ABS, AirBags, I cant say for sure but I did meet a Tata chap at the Auto Expo and he told me not to expect these features in Venture. But then again, hopefully he might be proved wrong.
Old 7th October 2010, 01:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
Venture is based on the Super Ace platform. And since it aims for the MPV segment, it will be sold thru the passenger car dealers.
As for ABS, AirBags, I cant say for sure but I did meet a Tata chap at the Auto Expo and he told me not to expect these features in Venture. But then again, hopefully he might be proved wrong.
I agree with you. But having said that I don't understand why the two venture related threads are moved to commercial vehicles section. Also, this vehicle is under 4 meters so would be in the lower tax bracket.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed