Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 21:33   #1
BHPian

Bolero 10th Anniversary Edition

Has anybody read the news of a refreshed Bolero launched by M&M.

Refreshed Mahindra Bolero Introduced on its 10th Anniversary | CarTradeIndia.com

Could not find anything more about the new features/additions on Bolero with this launch.

Does anyone have any additional details of this launch ?
Old 6th October 2010, 22:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Storm, day before yesterday evening, in Gurgaon, and the dealership rep. told me that this was the latest offering in Bolero, and nothing else is planned for now. Also, as I have already said in another thread, this vehicle is NOT VFM, and seriously lacks in the handling, suspension and interiors departments. The engine, though, is bloody good.
Old 7th October 2010, 08:37   #3
BHPian

I checked at TVS showroom couple of weeks back and they dont seem to be having any clue on the new version.

Found out that the little knowledge I have following is better than the folks in there.

Initial feel on STORM : no TD Done since no vehicle was available
A new Bolero was parked for delivery and while trying to open the boot with the key, the key fob came in hand. so much for the quality.

when seat is pushed to the back, my hands couldnt reach the gear lever. I m told that its because my legs are longer (I m 5'11" and I wonder how will a 6 footer manage)
the dash and interiors were pathetic when even comapred to a M800. While Ultarian feel is something I can live with, the Boleri uberiors felt cheap.

Couldnt do a TD since the vehicle wasnt available.

after the visit, I think I m not inclined towards the beast (although I love the road presence of this truck)

GeorgeV
Old 7th October 2010, 11:08   #4
BHPian

Nothing on their website also.
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:21   #5
BHPian

Mahindra Bolero gets cosmetic upgrades

Just happened to check the Bolero site and found that Vlx has got cosmetic upgrades, here is the list:

1. Dual tone Seats
2. New Dash
3. New Console (looks good)
4. Remote fuel-lid opener
5. New gear stick

www.mahindrabolero.com/Bolero-Whatsnew.html

However, no changes to engine.

Cheers,
-Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 22nd October 2010 at 13:23.
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:36   #6
BHPian

last time I visted a Mahindra showroom, I was taken back by the quality of Bolero (the switch key came in hand split into 2 when I tried opening the boot)
also felt the interiors too ultarian (I harly could reach the gear lever and I was told that its an issue with my legs too long that I need to take the seat backwards )

Dream of owning a Bolero was packed up at that moment

GEorgeV
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

This thread title is very misleading : these are just cosmetic changes to the existing Bolero VLX (Storm). Nothing 'All new' about it.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:04   #8
AWD
BHPian

Visited Mahindra showroom today & tried Scorpio & Bolero. I was surprised to see the quality of interiors, it was poor. Starting with Scorpios doors, they are too small & the rear door is such that it appears bent when opened. Interior plastics are hard & its an ergonomic disaster inside. Many parts are sharp & my knee got badly bruised on getting inside.
Talk of ingress/egress & one literally has to climb in jump out. Its worse in the Bolero, one steps into a well as the floor is not flush with the doors. Steering adjustment & leg room in Scorpio are again poor. My knee kept fouling with the front dash & the steering on low setting would fall on the legs!

Rushed out of the showroom for a breath of fresh air. Mahindra is still miles away from International standards.
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Visited Mahindra showroom today & tried Scorpio & Bolero. I was surprised to see the quality of interiors, it was poor. Starting with Scorpios doors, they are too small & the rear door is such that it appears bent when opened. Interior plastics are hard & its an ergonomic disaster inside. Many parts are sharp & my knee got badly bruised on getting inside.
Talk of ingress/egress & one literally has to climb in jump out. Its worse in the Bolero, one steps into a well as the floor is not flush with the doors. Steering adjustment & leg room in Scorpio are again poor. My knee kept fouling with the front dash & the steering on low setting would fall on the legs!

Rushed out of the showroom for a breath of fresh air. Mahindra is still miles away from International standards.
+1

MM should learn from TATA as to how they can improve the quality and feel of thier car interiors, or for that matter look at the Korean.s like Hyundai, KIA etc.. they use well finished plastics in the cars which impress the customer at first sight
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:10   #10
BHPian

I fancied a Bolero long back. Cheap 4WD thrills and rugged suspension to take on the bad roads (i had more than couple of duels with Boleros where my Ikon 1.6 would lose out to them on less than perfect roads since the boleros would just roughshod the potholes). With the Storm Mahindra had a good chance to make up lost ground with upmarket customers. Comfortable 5 seats, decent interiors and a real 4wd capability would have given it a decent fan following. If only wishes were.....
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me,that i cant find any upgrades in the given link?
Under whats new menu,the latest news is the old BSM drive??
Old 24th October 2010, 00:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

+100.

btw, remote fuel lid opener is good. ref: sriku's thread about his bolero - which ultimately got stolen :(
Old 5th November 2010, 08:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there is any new Bolero or refresh coming out. What we are talking here is the Special Edition Bolero to celebrate the 10th anniversary. Here are the pictures 2011 Mahindra Bolero 10th anniversary edition - car review

To me its nothing but the single cab version of the Stinger and its called Bolero Attitude. This is also available on Mahindra customisation website.
Old 5th November 2010, 08:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Just happened to check the Bolero site and found that Vlx has got cosmetic upgrades, here is the list:

1. Dual tone Seats
2. New Dash
3. New Console (looks good)
4. Remote fuel-lid opener
5. New gear stick

Mahindra Bolero India | New Suv| Offroad Adventure | Mahindra Utility Vehicles

However, no changes to engine.

Cheers,
-Rajesh
The upgrades that you have pointed are those that came in the Bolero VLX when it was launched way back in Sep/Oct 2008. No further upgrade has come after that nor is anything planned in the near future as per M&M.

But to celebrate the 10th Anniversary M&M is launching a special edition called Bolero Attitude. Its being discussed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o-refresh.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Is it just me,that i cant find any upgrades in the given link?
Under whats new menu,the latest news is the old BSM drive??
Yes. Looks like they hardly bother to update the website. Or may be there's nothing new
Old 5th November 2010, 08:10   #15

This is no the car in question. This has been in existence for more than a year now. We have a Storm, and I agree in the bad interior. Although, the car goes like STINK!! And you should see peoples faces when you blow past them on the expressway at speeds beyond 150-160kmph!! A few people have even experienced it.

Most Viewed