Team-BHP - Volvo S60 "HOT" and XC60 are coming. EDIT : XC60 launched at 39.50 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volvo S60 "HOT" and XC60 are coming. EDIT : XC60 launched at 39.50 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/90308-volvo-s60-hot-xc60-coming-edit-xc60-launched-39-50-lakhs.html)

Note from Support : GTO's Volvo S60 304 BHP AWD review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

This thread = closed

OMG OMG the Volvo S60 is very very hot just saw it yesterday on Autocar and Overdrive "Paris motor show". People did say that Volvo will come to India soon but this is confirmation to that fact :Cheering:. The pre booking number is of Delhi if anyone is interested to know.

If this is old news Mods pls del the thread and excuse me for my over hyped emotions on a Chinese car stupid:

I really like these new Volvos, at least from the pictures the new design philosophy looks promising. But will it really work in a market like India where brand Volvo just cannot match up to the German trio? I see some promise with the XC60 if priced well, but an S60 at current prices not going to work too well for Volvo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 2101191)
S60 at current prices not going to work too well for Volvo.

I heard on TV that Volvo will try and price it below the BMW 3 series that means it will be along the prices of maybe the BMW 3 320d CE for a descent/fully loaded one and as per what you said the new age philosophy is nice the front of the S60 reminds me of the E series.

I hope S60 comes around the 20-23Lac mark with a diesel please:

I would anyday pickup a Volvo simply owing to the safety aspects!

The Indian roads need a Volvo. :) If only they had something under 10 lacs... I guess I can get a boot lid for the S80. :P

>>>

The new S60 for India will also have a 2.4 litre inline four, with peak power of 202 bhp and a peak torque of 420 odd Nm! As per ACI of September, price range expected is 29.x-41.y. That places it squarely in 3 Series territory, except that the Volvo does not have the flair and the panache of the Bimmer or the technological edge of the Audi A4.

Indians generally prefer flash, so a low profile, understated car competing with the 3 or the A4 or the C starts with a comparative disadvantage. Now what rabbits will Volvo pull out of its hat to ensure footfalls and signed cheques for the S60 which may not be significantly different ( performance wise or concept wise) from earlier Volvo offerings?

If I have to plonk my hard earned cash on a Volvo, it has to have the driving dynamics approaching that of a Bimmer 3, apart from its traditional characteristics.

Will the S60 deliver?

I wonder..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajai_dev (Post 2101200)
I heard on TV that Volvo will try and price it below the BMW 3 series.

I hope S60 comes around the 20-23Lac mark with a diesel please:

The Volvo s60 will not be less than 30lacs for sure. If I am not wrong, my guess is that the OTR will fall in the range of INR 35lacs.

the first batch of XC60 and S60 are already in India, was spotted by a member of this forum from south India and posted some days back.

^ Nice did he post any pics i searched but could not find the thread. The S60 seems great and i hope it does not cost more than the 3 series i mean Volvo against BMW brand wise is not a good idea :(

Hoping S60 starts around 23lac so that the sheer VFM thing happens same as it did with Skoda.

Might be slightly off topic.

I have driven a S60 from Copenhagen to Hamburg and back the same day. The car is comfortable and planted but speeds excess of 180 makes it float and there was excessive engine noise. Also tire noise is very loud in the back.

It is all about safety and buttons, there were loads I mean least 30+ buttons to do everything :) Swedish love for pressing the right buttons I guess. Danes make beautiful designs Swedes make beautiful buttons, Germans makes beautiful cars.

Volvo has to play on volumes else it will be just another car that no one is interested in, we Indians IMHO would not pay extra for safety equipments.

So seems like the much awaited XC60 is finally coming ?? I have been waiting for this for sometime now.

So now we will have the XC60, VW Tiguan, All New Pajero, Freelander 2 (already on roads), CRV Diesel. Quite a wide choice for the mid-segment. This should make for an interesting line up.

Look forward to the official pricing & launch.

Cheers

Although Volvo has negligible brand value in the luxury segment, the XC60's launch will have BMW thinking of how 'basic' it will keep the X1.
Volvo will defiantly differentiate with better features at similar price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2104111)
Although Volvo has negligible brand value in the luxury segment, the XC60's launch will have BMW thinking of how 'basic' it will keep the X1.
Volvo will defiantly differentiate with better features at similar price.

I beg to differ. Negligible brand value - NO. Recognition in our country - YES. Anyone who has owned or driven an XC90 would know what we are talking about.

I agree on the "perception" bit for sure. I think the competition for the XC60 would be the Freelander 2, X1 is nowhere in the reckoning, other than the fact that it comes with a brand heritage. Just my humble opinion.

Cheers

The XC60 will be launched on November 24th, 2010. Confirmed. They are going to have to price it super competitive to have any kind of impact on the market.

I notice that the website of the XC60 also has now got most details EXCEPT for the pricing...why that ??

C'mon Volvo let the numbers roll.

Cheers

S 60 coming in both diesel and petrol models with petrol motor churning out about 300bhp plus.