Team-BHP - Endeavour CRDI - when oh when???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Endeavour CRDI - when oh when??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9035-endeavour-crdi-when-oh-when.html)

I know we've discussed this earlier but does anyone have an update on the CRDI Endeavour? The interview that appeared on Auto Monitor apparently MISQUOTED Arvind Mathew. I'd called up the Ford India HQ and they denied this strongly (they would deny even if it was on).

Dealers are wary of saying anything concrete, a couple have indicated though that it may be April-may of next year.

With the Fortuner launch also pushed back to the end of next year & the top end DICOR not really a quality product given the price, that really leaves no options in the 14 to 17 lacs CRDI category.

Any ideas anyone? Any new launches I don't know about?

If Ford is serious about the Endeavour, then they have to upgrade the engine. THe current one is horrible in city conditions, and is now the only one to stick to old technology. The Safari, Scorpio, Innova and Tucson gang have long since been offering common rail diesels.

Come on Ford - Make us go fida over the Endeavour too!

GTO

hmm.. Endeavour is one BEAST. All it needs is a modern diesell engine which gives it more driveability in City, and, youll have a winner..

Not just the engine, they have to do something about the suspension too. Current one is fit for goods carriers, not high end SUVs

hey Suman, sorry to dissapoint you, but as far as i have read on the net, the Endeavour is scrapped in most parts of the world, and India,Phillipines, and i think Thailand are the only last countries to keep making it. I heard in India too FORD will soon stop production of the Endeavour or move it to a different cheaper segment, bringing in the PICKUP model. the Chances of it getting a CRDi engine is almost like hoping against hope. unfortunately... else, i too wish the Endeavour does come out in a CRDi engine and interiors fit for its class! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman
[LEFT
With the Fortuner launch also pushed back to the end of next year & the top end DICOR not really a quality product given the price, that really leaves no options in the 14 to 17 lacs CRDI category.

Any ideas anyone? Any new launches I don't know about?[/left]

Hyundai Tucson CRDi is an option, and is much more driveable in the city than any of the others. Its about 15 lakhs on the road.

Dicor is not really in the 14 to 17 lakhs category - the top end Dicor is more like 13 lakhs.

Finally, you have the Nissan Xtrail which at 22 lakhs plus is not really worth the price as it belongs to the CRV/Tucson category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Hyundai Tucson CRDi is an option, and is much more driveable in the city than any of the others. Its about 15 lakhs on the road.

Dicor is not really in the 14 to 17 lakhs category - the top end Dicor is more like 13 lakhs.

Finally, you have the Nissan Xtrail which at 22 lakhs plus is not really worth the price as it belongs to the CRV/Tucson category.

Nah, I don't dig the Tucson, I do the occasionally mountain trail and I haven't seen too many complimentary remarks yet about its off-road abilities. Besides its a 5 seater; X trail is way off my budget.

The Dicor VX is around 13.8 on-road as far as I know.

Quote:

Nah, I don't dig the Tucson, I do the occasionally mountain trail and I haven't seen too many complimentary remarks yet about its off-road abilities. Besides its a 5 seater; X trail is way off my budget.

How'bout the Forrester in that case? The only cases against that are:
1. it is a petrol vehicle
2. it is a 5 seater.

it is an excellent offroader though.

Quote:

1. The Endeavour is also a 5 seater at best...the rear seats are hopelessly useless. Ditto with the Safari - its a comfortable 5-seater.

2. Despite all the looks, it isnt a full-blown 4WD in the mud-plugging sense. Yes, it has better off-roading capabilities than the Tucson which is at best a rough-road car.

The Subaru (GM) forrester has not caught on, because of its relatively under powered engine. Otherwise, it has good comfort, city driving capability, AWD, not too sure of the off-road performance though.

Does Pete have a tuning box to infuse some much needed power for the ford endeavour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj
The Subaru (GM) forrester has not caught on, because of its relatively under powered engine. Otherwise, it has good comfort, city driving

My colleague owns one and he has taken it to places where there are no roads at all. He swears by its offroading capability.

well u all have certainly missed out on the Terracan, which is an absolute beauty! the new modded Terracan, the grill and brakelight changes, and some tweaking in the engine for lot more power, and better AC and bigger wheels, its an awesome vehicle! again, costing 23lk onroad!

About the Tucson, well i have taken it to quiet a bit of bad rough roads, i.e in fields over rocks etc, and its been doign a great job for me till now, the TCS has to be switched off, and engage the 4wd, and it ploughs itself out of anything, and climbs up anything. thou, it wont go as far as the Endeavour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
well u all have certainly missed out on the Terracan, which is an absolute beauty! the new modded Terracan, the grill and brakelight changes, and some tweaking in the engine for lot more power, and better AC and bigger wheels, its an awesome vehicle! again, costing 23lk onroad!

About the Tucson, well i have taken it to quiet a bit of bad rough roads, i.e in fields over rocks etc, and its been doign a great job for me till now, the TCS has to be switched off, and engage the 4wd, and it ploughs itself out of anything, and climbs up anything. thou, it wont go as far as the Endeavour.

Thanks for the tips guys but do any of you have any info on CRDI for the Endeavour? Let me know if you hear anything.

@insane devil: the terracan has officially stopped sales, as hyundai is planning the 06' santa fe' for the indian market; a few imports (or rather leftover assembles) are still available from the earlier stock, though.

as for the endeavour crdi, it is on the cards- and if all goes well, it should hit the roads by march-april, by almost the same time as the montero.

as for the fortuner; no, it is not destined for a 07' or even late 06' launch- if the current sales figures of innova, and the words of my sources are anything to go by, the fortuner should grace our shores by mid 06'; perhaps by june/july....

I think Endeavour will use the Tdci engine from the Transit van.